collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Mail Nightmares?  (Read 1229 times)

Offline Heelys

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Member of the Aquacadets
    • View Profile
Pony Mail Nightmares?
« on: June 28, 2020, 04:44:26 PM »
At the beginning of this month, I finished up a pair of customs a trusted friend of mine commissioned and mailed them over to her with the agreement that she'd pay when they got there. I haven't requested up-front payment yet, but it's now been twenty days, and it seems that they've been lost in the mail. I sent a lost mail request at the two week mark, but I've been told that it also takes about two weeks to process such a request. I didn't request tracking on the package for two reasons:
1. It was my first time using stamps.com and there was a fee, and
2. The recipient lives less that twenty minutes away from me. I figured it would take, like, two days.

Has the Pony Express ever left you feeling heartbroken? What are your mail stories?
Gender? I hardly know 'er!  :biggrin: | PM me about G1 custom or OOAK World's Smallest commissions! ;)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Mail Nightmares?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 08:05:51 AM »
ooooooh no.  in the middle of a pandemic was the worst time to NOT put tracking on a parcel :(
all you can do is wait... and hope that your package is a pile of others waiting to escape the backlog.

ugh it's the worst feeling, I am sorry to hear you are experiencing it
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Heelys

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2020, 10:51:57 AM »
ooooooh no.  in the middle of a pandemic was the worst time to NOT put tracking on a parcel :(
all you can do is wait... and hope that your package is a pile of others waiting to escape the backlog.

ugh it's the worst feeling, I am sorry to hear you are experiencing it
At least I've learned my lesson... I've got another pony to ship out soon to a couple cities over, and this whole mess is making me anxious. I guarantee I'll do tracking this time.

Side note: I'm currently ten minutes in to the hold music on the phone with USPS. At least this time I got someone to pick up and transfer me to the Lost Mail department instead of going to a busy tone.

EDIT: gave up on the call after two hours on hold.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 12:51:12 PM by Heelys »
Gender? I hardly know 'er!  :biggrin: | PM me about G1 custom or OOAK World's Smallest commissions! ;)

Offline Pumpkin_Tart

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2020, 11:31:42 AM »
If this makes you feel better, I have had packages that had not had tracking updates for weeks but then suddenly get tracking updates and/or arrive after I have submitted a where is my package request. Sometimes it helps packages get moving..I am so sorry that happened to you! I am crossing my fingers that your package makes it to it’s destination!

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2020, 12:48:05 PM »
I really feel for people who just can't pay the extra for trackin even if it peace of mind knowing the package will get there. I  hope it goes to the person. I think this is always a problem. :/ I signed up for a mail small business card for this reason.

Offline starbritesprinkles

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • The Lyrical Vault | she/her/hers
    • View Profile
    • StarbriteSprinkles
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2020, 01:32:50 PM »
This girl was lost over 10 years ago and never recovered. I had to remake her. The tracking code said it was out for delivery, but it never updated to show it was actually delivered.  :bawl:

Offline Heelys

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2020, 02:27:55 PM »
This girl was lost over 10 years ago and never recovered. I had to remake her. The tracking code said it was out for delivery, but it never updated to show it was actually delivered.  :bawl:

Oh god. That’s awful! She must have taken you so long!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2020, 03:23:20 PM »
Sorry to hear that. :/

Just as a tidbit, I've noticed if I'm sending to somewhere close, a package sometimes goes to a large sorting facility first 50 miles away just based on how logistics are... even if it's only going to a few towns over.

If you have paypal, you should be able to ship through there with https://www.paypal.com/shipnow if someone hasn't paid you yet. It'll give a bit of discount off retail, and it will always have a tracking number.

I had no idea people could still ship without tracking numbers as it's bundled into retail price these days.

Out of the 100s of packages I've sent, only 2 have disappeared. 1 to an ex, and the other was for a big lot of ponies sent internationally in which I was a middleman for making no profit. u_u;

I once had an incoming package get severely delayed because there was a mercury spill at the facility and they closed it for a few weeks. o_o; Hopefully your delay is just something similar, due to covid...

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2020, 06:22:05 PM »
oh nooo, sorry to hear that :( I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's just the pandemic holding things up. I had a heck of a time trying to get a parcel from the US a few months ago - that had tracking, but it did go AWOL for a while (tracking not updating, etc). Turned up safely in the end, though - I hope yours does, too :)

Offline aquamarinemolly

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ig @aquamarinemolly
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2020, 07:37:37 AM »
I would double check your original USPS shipping...I believe that ALL packages are assigned a tracking number now.

"USPS® package tracking is automatically included with all USPS domestic shipping products with the exception of commercial Standard Mail packages (tracking feature can be added for an extra fee)." From here: https://online-shipping-blog.endicia.com/usps-package-tracking-information-fedex-ups-usps-shipping-comparison/#:~:text=USPS%C2%AE%20package%20tracking%20is,starting%20at%20the%20postal%20facility.
ISO princess ribbons, vintage pony pins, and UK variant Glow in The Dark mane Princess Sapphire

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2020, 08:30:21 AM »
I sent a pony off and she was stuck in Los Angeles from the 13th to the 29th. Ugh. I hope she gets to her destination soon.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 08:34:36 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Heelys

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2020, 12:59:09 PM »
I would double check your original USPS shipping...I believe that ALL packages are assigned a tracking number now.

"USPS® package tracking is automatically included with all USPS domestic shipping products with the exception of commercial Standard Mail packages (tracking feature can be added for an extra fee)." From here: https://online-shipping-blog.endicia.com/usps-package-tracking-information-fedex-ups-usps-shipping-comparison/#:~:text=USPS%C2%AE%20package%20tracking%20is,starting%20at%20the%20postal%20facility.
My trouble was that I didn't use a USPS shipping label, I was trying out Stamps.com. I sent out another package today and was sure to use USPS with tracking and insurance, wish me the best!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal