collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Shipping a Watch  (Read 806 times)

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Shipping a Watch
« on: June 28, 2020, 10:03:18 AM »
I had a friend visit and he accidentally left his watch.  He lives 5 hours away and so he asked me to mail it. What's the best way to pack and then ship something like this? It's a touchscreen watch and I don't want to damage it. But I've never mailed a package before.  My work has a gift shop and I have a slew of packing materials at my disposal: bubble padded 9 in. x 12 in. envelopes, bubble wrap,  jewelry gift boxes with fabric lining inside,  tissue paper, etc.....

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Re: Shipping a Watch
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2020, 10:43:38 AM »
Get a sturdy box, and wrap bubble wrap all around the watch. When you shut the box, make sure NOTHING rattles/moves.

Do not ship in a bubble mailer. Packages get thrown around with other packages during transit. Something heavy can fall onto the bubble mailer.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Rad

• Radical Rad
  • Trade Count: (+45)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
    • Radical Creations
Re: Shipping a Watch
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2020, 02:01:24 PM »
Seconding banditpony, you definitely want a sturdy box and lots of bubble wrap. If it's super wet or rainy in your area, you also might want to consider a ziplock bag or plastic bag. One of the first few times over two decades ago I shipped something MLP, it was moc and the po left it out to the elements and it got rained on. :(
Poo on you Photobucket!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal