collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is Pony Life going to age well?  (Read 1925 times)

Offline DreamvalleyMLP

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Is Pony Life going to age well?
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2020, 03:23:46 PM »
I'm pretty sure it will age about as well as all those old totally radical shows about a bunch of cool, skateboarding, surfing, slang-talking kids.

Lol, this. It isn't of the highest quality - to say the least... I couldn't sit through the 15-something minutes of the first episode. PL has a very distinct style and filler fodder storylines. Won't make much of an impression IMO. I don't think it is meant to, either. Maybe they had to keep something going to keep the trademark (or copyright, whatever the difference is) on the names? Or just keep MLP on the shelves in-between main gens.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Is Pony Life going to age well?
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2020, 08:43:30 AM »
The internet makes it possible for people to get any "in" joke now and those kinds of oldie references have actually gotten kind of popular.

Not all in-jokes as some would rely on kids immersing themselves in an adult online subculture that is far from kid-friendly :lol: But I get your point.
And I also agree with you that nostalgia is a big factor in some things aging better than others. Like, people thought the rainbow unicorn trend would have died by now but it's only getting stronger. Demand for pastel pony stuff will be around for a long while to come and these cartoons will get reruns, the toys popping up at yard sales and fleamarkets.

Kinda like Keypers, Lady Lovely Locks or Moondreamers is still huge with people who like cute and kitschy stuff, despite its age and never getting a popular reboot.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal