collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Guess this is just about my apartment now.  (Read 2022 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: Guess this is just about my apartment now.
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2020, 04:51:01 PM »
Yeah, I'll definitely have to change pharmacies from Wal-Mart to Publix. I don't know if Publix delivers. I'm only going about 7 miles away but it's on the other side of the bridge. Basically, it's from the 'outskirts' to downtown. Much more convenient for me since I don't drive.

I am going to miss all the wildlife around here though.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2020, 07:18:15 PM »
I am going to miss all the wildlife around here though.

Oh there will still be lots of wildlife downtown... just of the human variety  :lol:
But it still sounds like it's going to be a better fit for you.

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2020, 03:40:30 PM »
I got to see it and I have my keys! Everything is finalized and I can move in whenever! :cheer:

It's 10x better than I imagined :biggrin: New carpets, fresh paint, everything nice and clean. Nice big balcony (I want to try and grow tomatoes), lots of counter space and cupboards. My sink has a sprayer and a garbage disposal! TONS of closet space. I even have a doorbell :lol: I haven't lived a place with a working doorbell since I left Wisconsin 20 years ago!

When I opened the door I got a big blast of cool air, ahhh! They actually require the A/C to be set at 76 or lower to inhibit mold and mildew which is fine with me! I usually try and set ours at 74 before my dad changes it (and I'm the one who pays the electric bill).

My building in right across from the office and mailboxes too! Packages are brought to your door so I don't have to worry about lugging them up the stairs. The stairs are sturdy and broken up in two sections with a landing (is that the word?) in between and my balcony is a great size. I had some trouble going up, my left leg didn't want to help lift my body but I made it. Going down was actually easier than the stairs in this house for whatever reason. I'm sure I'll get used to it and I hope since I'll have to use them at least once a day to get the mail, that it will help me get some strength back and maybe I can get healthier.

I think my cat will like it too :) Since the other cats came into the house, she doesn't soak in the sunlight like she used to and she spends most of her time in my room. I think she'll appreciate being the only cat and there are nice big windows for her to sit in. Plus I'll have the room to get her some of her own furniture.

Everything is paid for and I can move in anytime so I have renewed motivation to pack!

The other day I started having some serious doubts. Looking around at all my stuff, thinking about the stairs, worrying about my cat... all kinds of things were rushing through my head and I ended up thinking about backing out. When I signed up for the waiting list 4 years ago I was in better health - not great, but better. I was still able to go shopping. The last three times I've gone shopping, employees had to come to my rescue in one way or another.

Having actually seen the place today though, all that stuff is out of my head :lol: Now I want to get in there ASAP. I'm so stupidly happy about that doorbell and everything else :lol: Seriously, my apartment is in much better condition than this place. The landlord for this house lives in New York and doesn't pay for anything. So much stuff is broken or outdated. I'm going to be wowed by the smallest things for a while :lol:

My Living room! The yellow building across the street is the office and you can just see the mailboxes to the left.

My kitchen! So many cupboards!

The hallway lined with closets!

The bathroom! I'm so glad the tub doesn't have glass doors.

The bedroom! This is not a good pic.

I forgot to take an outside shot of my balcony. This complex also has a gym and a "business room" but they're both closed due to the virus. I think the business room has laptops and internet? I dunno. There's also a playground and a dog park. The manager is super nice too!

Ahh, I can't wait to move in!

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2020, 07:01:52 PM »
Whoa, what a place!  It looks fantastic, congratulations on the new chapter of your life about to start :biggrin:
I'm super jelly about your bathroom, but most jelly about the dog park! 
And I'm glad to hear you had only a little trouble with the stairs. Just take your time and like you said; maybe having to use them everyday will get some of your strength back  :)
You will have to let us know how the move goes and send pictures when you are all settled, including any pony displays!  :hope:

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2020, 02:06:36 AM »
Wow! Looks so lovely - plus access to a gym and close to the mailboxes, too!
Good to hear that cats are allowed. And there's nothing quite like having your own control of room temperature!

:devious: I saw closets and automatically thought "pony storage"  :lol:

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2020, 06:45:35 AM »
How exciting for you, & what a lovely looking place it is!!!

I wish you all the best in your new living space, & hope all goes well with the (yep I know it can be very much) stressful move xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2020, 04:33:44 PM »
My sister and I brought some stuff over today and my dad came with to see it for the first time. He had some trouble with the stairs but said the apartment was nice. Then he had to ruin it and start trash talking my neighbors -_-

I'm still packing! :freak:

I got knocked down for a few days with a bad sinus infection but I'm feeling much better. I also have all my head meds for the first time in months so I should be feeling A LOT better soon. My goal is to be moved in by next week :cheer:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Satin Slipper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2020, 04:35:36 AM »
Congratulations on your new place.  I would hire movers to help move furniture, definitely check references.
I wouldn't want to take an elevator during this Corona Virus Pandemic.
On the plus side, you wouldn't be tempted to ride the elevator with groceries instead you get to exercise hoing up stairs. 
You could get used to that amount of exercise and possibly look forward to taking the stairs.

For groceries, you could leave some in your car and just take some up rather than carry all of the groceries at once.
*Frolicking Away*

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal