collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Display MLP Collection (Walk In Closet,)  (Read 1020 times)

Offline Satin Slipper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
Display MLP Collection (Walk In Closet,)
« on: July 01, 2020, 12:53:31 AM »
The best display I ever had for my My Little Pony Collection was when I converted my walk in closet into a Displays room.  It made me happy seeing them on the shelves next to my clothes.

How do you Display your Collection?

(Moved to Pony Corral   - DF)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 04:58:46 PM by dragonfly »
*Frolicking Away*

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
Re: Display MLP Collection (Walk In Closet,)
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 08:17:39 AM »
I display mine on a bookshelf and some collectors' FiM stuff on top of the other bookshelves in my art studio.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 07:18:28 PM »
@Satin Slipper- Do you have any pictures of your closet?? Would love to see it.
3/4 of my collection (completed sets) is on several shelves that are much to high on the wall in the spare bedroom for my liking... and the other 1/4 are in a bin in the closet  :(

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2020, 05:27:29 PM »
Let's see... I've got Peachy in the Pretty Parlor on a high shelf, the Flutter Ponies on a shelf over the foot of my bed (with Rosedust and Honeysuckle in custom boxes, and the others out in the open), multiple G3s hanging from the upper track of my closet door via their hoof magnets, G3 Scootaloo and her motorized scooter on my dresser, and Majesty, G1 Spike, Firefly, Talking Celestia, and Starcatcher in Dream Castle on my dresser (next to Orthia, Volcanicus, and Titans Return Fortress Maximus). That's it for display. Scoops and Lickety-Split are put away in the Satin Slipper Sweet Shoppe in my closet. Cadence, Shining Armor, and some of my other G4s (I think) are put away with the Wedding Castle in its box, also in my closet. Same for the Explore Equestria Friendship Express. The Basic Fun reissues (aside from Peachy) are put away on my bookshelf (but not displayed as such) along with the custom carry case I made for Megan and Sundance. And the rest of my ponies are stowed in a large bin, individually bagged.
should be perma-moderated

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2020, 07:16:09 PM »
Most of mine have taken over the linen closet in my bathroom, much to my husband's annoyance. My newborn twins/newborns live crammed in the Lullaby Nursery next to my bed. Paradise Estate is being stored in a spare bedroom at my parents' house, just because I don't currently have room for it. It is my hope that soon I will have a hobby room once our basement remodel is completed, but progress on that is going so sloooooow.

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2020, 09:13:10 PM »
For right now, my g1/3 are on two shelves in my room (they are very cramped and I fear one day they might pop from being so squeezed in) and my g4 are in a box down in the basement. Someday I will get my own place, and be able to display my collections...someday.
     I like the walk in closet idea! I wanted a house with a walk in closet growing up, but my sister always rebutted with “why would you need it? You don’t have that many clothes to hang up and you put your clothes in your drawers.”. This is why. A contained display area since I have been informed that putting my geeky stuff everywhere in my future home is “uncool” and “nobody will ever want to visit.”.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2020, 12:24:37 PM »
Unfortunately, I don't have room to display a collection these days. At one point, I had well over 1,000 ponies and they were taking over the spare bedroom, but I didn't have the means to set up a proper display, and it wasn't doing them justice to be stored and stacked, so I vastly downsized. When I begin actively buying again, I think I will tend to be more mindful and cultivate a  smaller, curated collection of grails and favorites. That "gotta catch 'em all" attitude I developed in the heyday of G3 was not good for me, and ponies lost some of their joy - I think I had too many to appreciate.

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2020, 01:20:13 PM »
I also have mine in a walk in closet! My ponies live on top of the dresser in the back. It’s nice so that I can hide them when people come over but still enjoy them.

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal