collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: head different shade from body? (help)  (Read 629 times)

Offline ShannonInPonyland

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
head different shade from body? (help)
« on: June 18, 2020, 09:09:49 PM »
Hello all! I recently gathered all of my G1 collection from storage and have been going through them all to give them a bath. I came across my Sea Shimmer sea pony (non pearly) and re-remembered how discolored her head is compared to her body :lol: she has nothing else wrong with her other than her head being a few shades too dark but after searching around a bit on google I've noticed this seems to be kind of normal with this particular sea pony?
Anyways, I was posting to see if there is any way I could possibly try to lighten it a couple shades so its not as noticeable? Of course I'm not looking for a perfect match, but even a shade or two lighter would be nice! I've been experimenting with sun fading on some bait ponies so I guess my question is could sunfading her head possibly work? I've also heard of hydrogen peroxide baths and oxyclean baths but I've never tried either and don't know if they would apply to this particular situation. I know some ponies aren't good to sunfade etc so I wanted to ask everyone for their opinion!
Pics below:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: head different shade from body? (help)
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 09:56:26 PM »
My thoughts are that hydrogen peroxide or oxiclean baths will not help much and sunfading may be your best option. The first two are meant to clean out dirt and such, and the discoloration is...discoloration. If you check in often you should fair alright even if not much changes.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline ShannonInPonyland

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 10:30:16 PM »
My thoughts are that hydrogen peroxide or oxiclean baths will not help much and sunfading may be your best option. The first two are meant to clean out dirt and such, and the discoloration is...discoloration. If you check in often you should fair alright even if not much changes.
I was thinking sunfading might be the best option.... I might give it a try tomorrow and see what happens :thumb:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2020, 08:15:40 AM »
totally normal plastic discoloration in 30+ year old toys.  you either accept these flaws or you're going to be very stressed when you spend $1000's on "perfect" ponies only to have their plastic change.  :)

also there is not a treatment for this - sometimes things work, but more often they don't. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2020, 08:18:28 AM »
Maybe you could colour match her and have a customiser redo her head in the right shade.
Might be a hassle though and I think the value will drop as well. Not sure though.
Lover of Windwhistler

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal