collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is mercari safe to use? Edit: nevermind  (Read 892 times)

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
Is mercari safe to use? Edit: nevermind
« on: June 18, 2020, 08:08:37 AM »
Hello everyone,

So today, in my ever lasting quest of finding ponies, I discovered mercari.
So far it looks amazing, with great deals all around and free shipping seems to be a common thing,

That got me thinking though. Is it safe to use? is the free shipping real? How do I make sure I'm not getting scammed?

Please let me know your experiences from Mercari and if it's safe to use.

Edit: just found out it's America only. Feel free to share your experiences though.

Thank you.

Cheers,

Luke
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 08:42:25 AM by kingluke »
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Re: Is mercari safe to use?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 08:13:50 AM »
I use Mercari in the US, and Mercari in Japan. I'm not sure why it wouldn't be safe, it's a pretty normal buy/sell app.

In regards to scamming... scamming happens everywhere.
Sellers have ratings. Read the ratings before you buy. Also, with Mercari sellers don't get paid until the item is received by the buyer (and they get feedback or 3 days pass after the item is received). --- I think, at least, since that was what I was told by a seller.

Not all listings have free shipping.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: Is mercari safe to use?
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 08:15:13 AM »
Mercari is about as safe as any other sales platform. Try to use Paypal if you can to have an extra layer of protection should the built-in buyer protections fail you. I can't think of anything that is Mercari specific although someone more well-versed in it may be able to speak on that.
is the free shipping real?
What do you mean by this? I think the abundance of free shipping is just meant to be a marketing tool; Shipping is never free, it's usually built in to the price.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline kingluke

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Is mercari safe to use? edit: nevermind
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2020, 08:16:02 AM »
Hello everyone,

So today, in my ever lasting quest of finding ponies, I discovered mercari.
So far it looks amazing, with great deals all around and free shipping seems to be a common thing,

That got me thinking though. Is it safe to use? is the free shipping real? How do I make sure I'm not getting scammed?

Please let me know your experiences from Mercari and if it's safe to use.

Thank you.

Edit: apparently it's America only. FML

Cheers,

Luke

Post Merge: June 18, 2020, 08:17:07 AM

I use Mercari in the US, and Mercari in Japan. I'm not sure why it wouldn't be safe, it's a pretty normal buy/sell app.

In regards to scamming... scamming happens everywhere.
Sellers have ratings. Read the ratings before you buy. Also, with Mercari sellers don't get paid until the item is received by the buyer (and they get feedback or 3 days pass after the item is received). --- I think, at least, since that was what I was told by a seller.

Not all listings have free shipping.

That's true about the scamming. It's not available in europe though. Just found that out...

Post Merge: June 18, 2020, 08:18:11 AM

Mercari is about as safe as any other sales platform. Try to use Paypal if you can to have an extra layer of protection should the built-in buyer protections fail you. I can't think of anything that is Mercari specific although someone more well-versed in it may be able to speak on that.
is the free shipping real?
What do you mean by this? I think the abundance of free shipping is just meant to be a marketing tool; Shipping is never free, it's usually built in to the price.

Good to know it's safe. I just learned i cannot use it however. Thank you for explaining the shipping. I just get so happy when I see free shipping, i forget it's included in the price.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 08:18:11 AM by kingluke »
Lover of Windwhistler

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Is mercari safe to use? Edit: nevermind
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2020, 02:08:10 PM »
Kingluke, it may be possible to use a proxy service which will collect up your parcels for you in the US then ship them to you. I have one I use in Japan to send stuff to the UK - some folk here I know have US ones they use to ship overseas, maybe they can give you advice as to which ones are the best if you decide to go down that line.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline kingluke

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Is mercari safe to use? Edit: nevermind
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2020, 07:26:50 AM »
Kingluke, it may be possible to use a proxy service which will collect up your parcels for you in the US then ship them to you. I have one I use in Japan to send stuff to the UK - some folk here I know have US ones they use to ship overseas, maybe they can give you advice as to which ones are the best if you decide to go down that line.

That could really work, thank you for the good advice.
Lover of Windwhistler

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal