collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Life Trailer!  (Read 2845 times)

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
Re: Pony Life Trailer!
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2020, 03:46:56 AM »
Oh, dear. >.<

Yeah, I feel like this is going to be kind of terrible, but I will watch the first episode at least and give it a chance. My husband is excited about it, though! lol! Bronies... ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2020, 07:24:45 AM »
Part of me kind of feels this could be a kind of "What G3.5 was to G3" in a sense, a more simplistic version of what came before it, and it's even "chibified" both times.  I do feel that G3.5 may provide more substance though, but again I need to see an actual episode of Pony Life to judge it fairly - there may also be a touch of of "What Tales is to G1" due to it incorporating real world elements, but that may be a comparison I'm even less likely to make (someone else said it, and that's probably what they meant.)

I’m still excited for this! :blush: It looks fun. Sometimes it’s nice to have something simple to throw on in the background. Not everything has to be a masterpiece yah know? I know the G3 cartoons were not very well written or deep, but they’re like a comfort thing for me. That’s kind of how I’m viewing this series as well. The art is cute and fun to look at.
I thought the G3 cartoons were very well written, personally, but to each their own - either way, I get what you're saying and that's a good way of looking at it.

I also don’t mind the use of modern technology in the show. It will age the show pretty bad in time, but oh well. This was never meant to be a big production I don’t think! :P I’m just taking it for what it is!
I'm unsure about it, as it wasn't really part of MLP in general for me (I can let the technology in Tales slide though.)  I don't think it will really date the show that much, as I've seen shows with now old technology, and they don't seem dated at all - you may know what year/decade it came out, but all that does is create a kind of nostalgia for that time, or something.  That's how I feel about it anyway.

I'm fine if others are okay with it (or disagree with any other of my opinions), but it kind of feels out of place to have internet stuff, it kind of feels like a fanmade addition at best... and at worst including it because they feel they need to, but if it works for this, then fine.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2020, 08:33:03 AM »
I hate to say it but it actually makes FiM look good in comparison :( It has literally everything I hate about modern cartoons, the character designs, the expressions, the "lol so randum" vibes, it's just horrible.
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2020, 11:53:59 AM »
Again unrelated to the contents of the trailers, but in the description, on the official channel, it says it's a new G4.5 series. :wonder: Thought that was interesting. I didn't catch it at first because of how much word salad the description is. XD Maybe "word salad" isn't the right term, but they're really throwing everything they could think of in there to get views...

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2020, 02:03:33 PM »
Is it me/my settings that make the music incredibly loud but you can't hear the ponies talk?

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline PinkieLopBun

• Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2020, 02:35:09 PM »
Is it me/my settings that make the music incredibly loud but you can't hear the ponies talk?
Might be something on your end. I could hear them just fine.
Follow me on Twitter and Tumblr.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal