Creativity > Arts & Crafts Corral

Etsy

(1/1)

Faerie-StarV:
So I made myself an Etsy account a while ago and I wanted to sell some crafts and art pics but I'm a complete noob and don't know where to begin, set prices, etc.

If any of you have Etsy accounts that are pro's at selling things, can you give me(and probably others) some tips? Like how to set your prices? Shipping and handling, scammers, and other stuff. Anything you can share for newcomers and how to avoid making mistakes would be great.

By the way, what is your Etsy account so I can follow? Here's mine https://www.etsy.com/people/zlfsrgyw?ref=hdr_user_menu-profile

lovesbabysquirmy:
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,392506.0.html

tailrustedtealeaf:
I think the link sheds a lot of light on Etsy. I've not used it myself but have heard many negative things lately, especially with the ad fees.
Setting your prices is uniform across all art things. Factor in your material costs, time costs, and skill cost (goes hand in hand with time cost). Figure out how much you'd want/think you should be paid per hour, just add that all up with the materials. Personally, I'd try to start high with my price and work down eventually. I do fear for selling art personally because I worry I wouldn't be able to turn a profit that makes sense...
Shipping and stuff depends on what exactly you're selling. Packaging your products well and distinctly could help set you apart, and I would perhaps look into getting business cards to throw in as well.
Are you on Instagram? I think that's a good place for building a following (if you don't already have one) and eventually selling. Wishiwhims comes to mind as a higher end craft seller who has a quaint(ish) following on Instagram that sells their product quickly.

Iceglider:
Mine is new, D&D not pony related, but haven't sold anything on there, yet. Link in my sig.

AnnaPommes:

--- Quote from: tailrustedtealeaf on June 15, 2020, 08:24:34 PM ---I think the link sheds a lot of light on Etsy. I've not used it myself but have heard many negative things lately, especially with the ad fees.
Setting your prices is uniform across all art things. Factor in your material costs, time costs, and skill cost (goes hand in hand with time cost). Figure out how much you'd want/think you should be paid per hour, just add that all up with the materials. Personally, I'd try to start high with my price and work down eventually. I do fear for selling art personally because I worry I wouldn't be able to turn a profit that makes sense...
Shipping and stuff depends on what exactly you're selling. Packaging your products well and distinctly could help set you apart, and I would perhaps look into getting business cards to throw in as well.
Are you on Instagram? I think that's a good place for building a following (if you don't already have one) and eventually selling. Wishiwhims comes to mind as a higher end craft seller who has a quaint(ish) following on Instagram that sells their product quickly.

--- End quote ---

this is very good advice! Jon of Wishiwhims also has a very freindly personality and is more unique in his style. Also i look up to shadowonthemoons Insta and Estyshop. She is an 3D and 2D Artist who sells Customwork and also custom supplies(like her wings).
Also i would much recommend Tinrobos Insta and Etsy. Her style is cute but stylish, she works in 2D mostly. Her accounts and cooperate design are just flawless *o*

You can find maaaany more! also you might want to follow the hastag  you would use for your own items, you can learn from others.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version