collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Let's talk about Wingers!  (Read 3643 times)

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
Re: Let's talk about Wingers!
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2020, 02:51:28 AM »
They are very pretty and delicate, I never realised how tiny they are until I found one in the fleamarket! It was Whirly, and so far she's the only Winger I have. Her wings are a little damaged but at least they are original. :)

I'm generally drawn to yellow and green ponies so I think my favourites are Cool Breeze, Little Flitter and Starry Wings. But I really love Moon Jumper's symbol and her shy pose!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline starstrider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pony pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2020, 05:05:17 AM »
I really love wingers! Never had any of them as a child, but one of my MLP activity/colouring books had a colourful illustration of them on the cover and I've wanted them ever since. I'd always assumed they were the same size as regular ponies, but I was surprised and delighted when I got my first one and found they were actually much smaller and quite petite. Definitely some of the cutest ponies around.

Here's a picture I took a few weeks ago which shows most of mine. Buzzer came just a few days ago and I haven't had the chance to photograph her yet.

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+202)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2020, 05:52:39 AM »
I think the wingers are one of the few sets I wanted all ponies from :) I also have the Argentina set.

Cool Breeze (both regular and Argentina variant) and Starry Wings are my top favourites.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2020, 07:33:49 AM »
These are a favourite set with me.  I have 9, all the Summer Wings plus Whirly, Moon Jumper and Starry Wings.   I prioritised Wingers quite strongly at one point, with Moon Jumper being the hardest to find. She's my favourite as she reminds me of a Marc Chagall painting.  I got her around the same time as German Sweet Clover which is a really nice memory to have. I love the insect theme.

I'm having trouble posting individual pictures at the moment but there are some photos of wingers in my pony page: https://florencemeade.com/2018/05/11/i-also-restore-1980s-toys/

Lovely photos Artemisia.  ^.^
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline aquamarinemolly

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ig @aquamarinemolly
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2020, 07:59:32 AM »
I love these! I've got Glow, High Flier, Little Flitter, Moon Jumper, and Flurry. I think Flurry is my fave, it's the heart/snowflake symbol that I love so much.  ^.^
ISO princess ribbons, vintage pony pins, and UK variant Glow in The Dark mane Princess Sapphire

Offline Skandalous

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2020, 08:18:13 AM »
I made the mistake of buying High Flyer on a whim once. As soon as I opened the package and realized how tiny she was I was like
 “oh no.”
“Now I need them all.” XD

I have High Flyer and Sun Glider is on her way. I’m also mid negotiations for Buzzer. I debated over and over on purchasing moon jumper during ponycon but she was just too expensive what with the shipping. My favorite would have to be Flurry. Her color pallet reminds me of one of my fav G2 color combos- Petal Blossom.  ^.^
:rainbow:Skandy's G2 Wishlist:rainbow:

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2020, 12:38:52 AM »

Lovely photos Artemisia.  ^.^

Thank you!

I made the mistake of buying High Flyer on a whim once. As soon as I opened the package and realized how tiny she was I was like
 “oh no.”
“Now I need them all.” XD

I remember that feeling!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2020, 02:21:28 AM »
Wingers are awesome <3 I think I like the Windy Wing set more, but I love all of them. I agree about how small they are! I never had any as a kid, only one flutter pony, but I remember finding High Flyer at the carboot sale and thinking how little and cute she was. And the wings are sturdier. (I will always love flutters probably more, but if they're dragonflies, the wingers are little butterflies :D)

I don't have any of the Argentinian ones, sadly. But I have all of the regular release ones. Albeit I only have HK versions of the Summer Wings (I don't know that any other type came out here? I've never had one) and China versions of the Windy Wings (ditto). My sister also has Whirly, Flurry and Moon Jumper!

Most of them came from local except Starry Wings who came from the US. She was the only one I couldn't find here. Naynie's three, and my Cool Breeze and Sun Glider came from a local collector here selling up all together. They cost £1 each and were part of a bigger haul. The WW ponies are a lot less easy to find here.

I also have Glow and Buzzer MIB (Buzzer's box is UK, Glow's is US, they're the same except for how they're punched at the top). And one of the freaky put together Wingers - a Frankenbuzzer, with Flurry's tail, I think Whirly's wings? Someone else's wing stopper and Buzzer (made in China!) body. Unfortunately she's lost a wing so she's even more of an oddball xD. I know someone else on here has a more complete one, but I think mine has a different colour wing stopper.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline RLisa

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2020, 12:10:54 PM »
It's nice to read everyone's responses and also see that opinions on favorites vary a lot!

I never realized that it may be a surprise that they're small the first time you see one IRL. I guess it makes sense that they're smaller than the flutter ponies.

What I also like about wingers is how sturdy the wings are and the various color designs.

I also have Glow and Buzzer MIB (Buzzer's box is UK, Glow's is US, they're the same except for how they're punched at the top). And one of the freaky put together Wingers - a Frankenbuzzer, with Flurry's tail, I think Whirly's wings? Someone else's wing stopper and Buzzer (made in China!) body. Unfortunately she's lost a wing so she's even more of an oddball xD. I know someone else on here has a more complete one, but I think mine has a different colour wing stopper.

That seems like a true Frankenbuzzer! Do you have a picture of her by chance?

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2020, 12:46:24 PM »
I thought that I did but I haven't found it right now. It's getting dark here now so it's not possible for me to take a fresh one, and she;s in the cabinet anyway, so it's an undertaking.

Maybe in the meantime the owner of the more complete Frankenstein Buzzer pony will see this and post a picture in the thread. But I'll go check my folders again...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2020, 02:54:48 PM »
I love all the Wingers, but these are my only three.  The first two are from childhood.  The last was a surprise I got in a lot.  I always loved Skydancer because she makes me think of colored clay.

Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2020, 03:11:15 PM »
I love them. Little Flitter was the first pony I bought from ebay when i started collecting. I had Glow, High Flyer, and a couple of the other summer wing ponies (i don't remember which) as a kid.

Right now I have all except Cool Breeze. Hoping to find her soon and complete my winger collection.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2020, 07:39:11 PM »
I don't really collect them intentionally, but I do have two right now, High Flyer and Buzzer.  High Flyer is so beautiful, I'll probably keep her - I loooove that pose!  As a kid I had Little Flitter, and thought she was cute but kind of hard to play with. 

I currently have only one, buzzer. I’ve head-cannoned buzzer as a grouchy boy, kind of like a grumpy bear kind of guy. I’m not sure what made me look at “tiny butterfly fairy pony” and think of that, but it’s stuck now. Can’t change it.

That's amazing  :lol:  I'll never look at Buzzer the same again!
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2020, 11:18:49 PM »
Ok, it's not a great picture, apologies for my phone, but this is my Frankenstein buzzer.

I think her wing stopper is Cool Breeze's but it's hard to see through the cabinet glass and without moving all the G4s I can't get it open.

((Moon Jumper is perfectly normal, she just happened to be there because for some reason I have to babysit my sister's wingers as well as my own >< ))
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline RLisa

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2020, 12:14:33 PM »
Ok, it's not a great picture, apologies for my phone, but this is my Frankenstein buzzer.

I think her wing stopper is Cool Breeze's but it's hard to see through the cabinet glass and without moving all the G4s I can't get it open.

((Moon Jumper is perfectly normal, she just happened to be there because for some reason I have to babysit my sister's wingers as well as my own >< ))

Whoa she looks cool like that! The yellow and pink hair combination is not bad!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal