collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Thoughts on allowing young kids to play with vintage ponies?  (Read 3120 times)

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts on allowing young kids to play with vintage ponies?
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2020, 04:41:29 AM »
Ponies are ponies, and they're toys! Nevermind if they're vintage. If you've purchased certain ponies for display only, that's one thing, but otherwise I would not have an issue with this.

One time, I donated an entire box of G1s to the daycare where I worked, inc. some HTF euros. Would it be possible for you to keep a box of play-condition ponies around for the kiddos and keep your collection items on the shelf or even out of view (if there's a door you could close)?

But - don't let them play with anything you wouldn't want to get messed up, you can't replace, or you'd be sad/mad if something happened to it.

I will have a place for them soon...I'm getting a hobby room once our basement remodel is completed, can't believe my husband is actually letting me use it, but I think he's sick of ponies taking over the linen closet in our bathroom! I'm regretting getting rid of a couple IKEA bookcases I had a couple years ago before I got back into collecting...oh well.

Oh man...I'm a bit envious of that daycare and that box of HTF euros! I'd trade them for my box of baits and duplicates any day! Funny though...if kids of today get to play with G1 ponies, maybe it is helping to breed a whole new generation of collectors, as they may grow up and be nostalgic of them.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal