collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What happened to your childhood pony?  (Read 4241 times)

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
Re: What happened to your childhood pony?
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2020, 05:21:31 AM »
A few of mine stayed with me as far as I know. There is the elusive quackers that I have a pic with that I do not have recollection of...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2020, 06:02:56 AM »
I still have most of mine but a few got away during my "never going to be in to ponies again" stage. I gave away Pina Colada/Hula Hula and Baby Palm Tree to a little girl.  My childhood SS Twilight disappeared but I have found another one.  I lost all of my childhood sea  ponies except Baby Celebrate to the mold monster because I played with them in the tub.

Ponyfan 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2020, 06:06:25 AM »
I threw them away, repeatedly. My dad saved them from the trash, and lectured me. :/ But it's not something I regret.. I don't like feeling guilted in keeping things that I want to let go. It's a hard process for me to make that decision in the first place.

The only thing I would of done differently if I could go back in time is consider saving a few that I thought was important to me.

I ended up finding some that got buried behind some stuff about 5-7 years ago. And I kept one, and gave the rest away.

XD I know, I know. My response is very different then most users here...

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2020, 06:13:17 AM »
My childhood pony was Cotton Candy. My Mum denies it but I think she donated her.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2020, 07:30:54 AM »
I still have my original  herd and they are proudly displayed with my other 'new' purchases.  I do believe Posey is my first, and although I bought an upgrade for display years ago I kept my original as well;

Oh boy the things this gal has seen

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2020, 07:57:11 AM »
Thrown in the garbage by my dad because they were "girl's toys".

>_<

Sometimes what hurts us makes us stronger. The fact that my Mum donated my ponies has definitely contributed to my having a big collection as an adult.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline ladygodiva

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2020, 08:01:52 AM »
Once I fell out of the window and my mother picked it up. He warned me very severely that it was the last time. To take him out for a walk (he lived on a ground floor) I tied several ropes together, with The bad luck that one broke, and it did not even occur to me to tell my mother that the pony had fallen, I thought that if a neighbor came by, he would pick it up and give it to me, with such bad luck that a neighbor boy took it, that I did not have much confidence and this he gave to another girl with whom I had less confidence :(. Come on, let me run out of the pony. My mother still tells me today "Well if the pony had fallen I would I would have picked it up from the street "What hurt me the most is that I never had another pony at home until I started collecting :cry:. It was sweet stuff and I think it was a Spanish nirvana

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2020, 04:18:07 PM »
I recently learned that my sister and I both played with MLPs when I was super young. It's no telling what happened to them. There is a crate of old toys in the garage. I'm hoping that the MLPs weren't toys that got sold in garage sales.

|My Collection|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2020, 06:18:54 PM »
Most were given away because my folks decided I was too old for ponies. Some got lost in a move. Or maybe swiped by my greedy cousins. I've been working on getting them back. So far I've got:
Gusty
Fizzy
Moondancer
Dazzleglow
Shady
Mirror Mirror
Sweet Pop
Dancing Butterflies
Whizzer

I still need to grab
Windy
Salty
Sweet Stuff
Sunnybunch
Baby Starflower
Princess Tiffany and Friendly
Baby Wavedancer

I'm on the fence about Lickety-split and Wildflower
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline freezestime

• Forever and Always the Prom Queen
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2020, 09:36:15 PM »
Only 1 pony. G3 Rainbow Celebration Sweetberry.

She got yeeted to a charity shop along with all my other toys when I was taken into care.
Freezestime's Masterlist! https://bit.ly/3x1te5n
Dedicated G2 thread! https://bit.ly/3vIIJhL
Dedicated G2 V2.0 thread! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,403447.msg1880080/topicseen.html#new
Forgotten Toy lines! [urlhttps://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=395090.150[/url]

Offline goddessofpeep

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2020, 02:46:09 AM »
I still have them all, though my childhood Powder seems to be MIA.  Most of my playsets are still back at my parents’ house, but the ponies made it here.  I had a brief freakout moment a couple years ago where several of my childhood ponies disappeared/got mixed into the trade bin(including my first pony ever), but I think I got it all sorted out. 

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2020, 06:43:14 AM »
When I was 13 I sold them all for 20p each at the school jumble sale.
I started collecting when I was 25 and some of the first ponies I bought were the ones I used to have.

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2020, 06:54:43 AM »
That is all I loved in the G1 erra! I had so many....and was asked to give up my pretty Parlor to a girl who had little....well come to find out it was a scam and her mommy sold it. She did this trick to many families. I was forced to box up all but 10 of my ponies....well the box got damaged and my mom threw it out in the trash. I grew up on a darm....our trash was burned:(

I still have my 10 and using my memory to find the rest. It is weird how in sight I have a hint of memory of the pony...but as soon as I touch and smell the pony I remember each adventure I had with them!
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2020, 05:19:15 PM »
Mine are still with me, but for many years (later childhood/teenager) they were in storage split between a plastic box (the babies) and the Lullabye Nursery (housed my adults) shoved up in the top of my closet. Which unfortunately is why my two so softs have all sorts of bug marks on them (crawled through those open windows) which I still need to eventually get up the nerve to attempt to clean off. Everyone else for the most part survived storage fairly okay (well, if we consider having braids for like 20 years as the worst thing). Now the play set pieces, that is a whole different story and I still keep finding ones in random boxes at my parents house. At least I have my mom trained to set aside anything that looks like doll toys if she finds things when she is cleaning/sorting things.

Offline lalalei2001

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2020, 06:14:09 PM »
I still have her! :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal