collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G4 pony names you love?  (Read 1805 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: G4 pony names you love?
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2020, 05:30:47 PM »
Tempest Shadow

Queen Novo

Potion Nova isn't a bad name either

I have to say the worst g4 name I know of is lugnut

Yet another name shared with transformer.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2020, 08:54:12 PM »
Heartstrings - An AWESOME name!  I know that it got added on to "Lyra", which is an okay name, but let's all pause and appreciate just how good this name is on its own.  First, it's part of an idiom ("playing on their heartstrings") instead of just being two random words jammed together.  Second, it cleverly references the lyre being a stringed instrument.  Perfect name.

Coloratura - Another great name! A colorataura is *looks at Dictionary.com* "an elaborate ornamentation of a vocal melody, especially in operatic singing by a soprano".  But also it invokes the word "color".  Both of those fit in perfectly with the pony's symbol--a colorful rainbow of music notes.

Tempest Shadow - This a perfect, badass, edgelord name for an edgelord pony.

Princess Celestia & Princess Luna - Dignified and beautiful names, I love them.  (I also like Cadence but not quite as much as these two.)

Sunset Shimmer / Starlight Glimmer - They're both foils for Twilight Sparkle and thus both have names that are reminiscent of hers.  (celestial body + word for light).  I find that satisfying, but beyond that they're just very pleasant names on their own.  I rank Sunset Shimmer a little above Starlight Glimmer because Sunset's name is tailored more specifically to her design.

Rarity - Originally a G3 name, but whatever, the point is this is a great name. Reminds me of the classic G1 names like "Glory." And I actually think it fits G4 Rarity better than G3 Rarity.  G3 Rarity seems more like a Skedoodle, based on personality.

Sea Swirl - Great name, if someone told me this was a G1 sea pony's name I would believe them.

Big Macintosh / Granny Smith - I put these together because they're both "apple pun" names.  A cute idea for an apple-themed family.

I'm not super well-versed on the blind bag ponies, but I took a quick look through them . . .

Sassaflash - A clever play on sassafrass AND sassy AND flash (because her symbol is lightning bolts).  This is clever!

Sugar Grape - Just sounds delicious.

Sweetcream Scoops - Usually I am not a huge fan of alliterative names, they're a bit cringey to me.  But this one sounds so yummy, plus it actually makes sense instead of being two random words that happen to start with the same letter. *stares directly at Peachy Pie, Pearly Pie, and Pinkie Pie WHY DID THEY DO THIS THREE TIMES*
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 08:55:48 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2020, 09:19:10 PM »
Sunset Shimmer / Starlight Glimmer - They're both foils for Twilight Sparkle and thus both have names that are reminiscent of hers.  (celestial body + word for light).  I find that satisfying, but beyond that they're just very pleasant names on their own.  I rank Sunset Shimmer a little above Starlight Glimmer because Sunset's name is tailored more specifically to her design.

Similarly I like Luster Dawn's name! And her design...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2020, 07:32:42 AM »
Only one pony comes to mind

Titan :muffin:

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal