collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Change In Eating Habits  (Read 1640 times)

Offline Satin Slipper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
Change In Eating Habits
« on: June 03, 2020, 12:02:54 AM »
Has Anyone Else Experienced Changes In Their Eating Habits?

Before The Quarantine I Ate Very Healthy On Weekdays...

Breakfast:
Cereal And/Or Bagel And/Or Fruit

Lunch:
Rotisserie Chicken Or Salmon Or Pasta Or Sandwich
Vegetables And/Or Potatoes And/Or Rice

Dinner:
Pizza And/Or And/Or Crackers And/Or Chicken Wings

Since Quarantine Started, I Can't Find The Energy To Cook Everyday.

Now:

Eggs
Bagel
Donut
Popcorn
Potatoe Chips

1 A Week:
Restaurant Food (Which Lasts More Than 1 Meal)

My Appetite Has Greatly Decreased From Before Quarantine.
I'm Not Very Hungry And Don't Have Energy To Eat.
Has Anyone Else Experienced Changes In Their Regular Diet?

*Frolicking Away*

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: Change In Eating Habits
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 09:06:45 AM »
Well, i love my junk food. Over the winter and through the first part of lockdown, I ate a lot of comfort food. :) I'm now trying to adjust that so I can get back into shape before my birthday.

Quarantine was a big lifestyle change for people, and not knowing what to expect, and which info to trust, can be anxiety inducing or even cause depression.  I understand not having the energy to do certain things that used to be routine. What are you doing to take care of yourself, hun?

It sounds like your diet doesn't have a lot of nutrients which would help maintain your energy levels and health...a lot of carbs, which feel good to eat, but there's a crash afterwards, and not healthy to have it as a large percentage of your dietary intake.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 11:42:16 AM »
Now that I don't have 2 jobs and am not working 70 hours a week... I actually have time to eat.  Which is a problem because my job kept me very active.  Now I am lucky if I get 1000 steps in a day. 
I used to almost fall asleep while having dinner, now I am thinking about dinner at 11am.
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2020, 02:20:03 PM »
Our low carb diet kinda went out the window. We're still staying home but decided we better get back on it at least for the majority of the time. However, this shortage of Diet Coke with Splenda lately makes that incredibly difficult and we're having to go to regular Coke =l

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2020, 02:54:41 PM »
I'm actually eating way better then normal. At this time, everything is super clean, with lots of protein, good veggies, and few carbs.

I was too exhausted with my work schedule to prep healthy foods for meals at work. u_u; So I figured I'd take the opportunity of this precious time that I've gained in my life.

Although in the beginning, on purpose, I ate a TON of junk food because I could. I just made a promise to myself I wasn't gonna gain a pants size.I sorta did, but then worked it off. It's kinda hard to tell weight gain sometimes in pajama pants, haha. But at this point I'm on track to be down a pants size when I gotta go back into work. :)

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2020, 03:30:40 PM »
My feeding habits really have not changed that much, but I find myself drinking much more water than I used to. I’ve been trying to limit my non-water consumption, and I feel great since I never drank enough water.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2020, 09:20:41 AM »
I haven't experience any changes in eating due to COVID, other than adding regular vitamin and mineral supplements.  However, I stumbled across something that has made me ponder my eating habits more in the past couple weeks: It was an article about dietary preferences of people with autism.  I've always been a finicky eater and never understood it.  I have very, very strong aversions to a lot food smells,  textures,  etc....and it's something I've never really talked about. This article listed a very limited number of food preferences that fit me perfectly. So now I've started contemplating my diet more in recent weeks and how it may correlate with other aspects of my life: shy awkwardness,  rigid adherence to things like grammar and formality, a need for quiet to de-stress after work,  etc... I'd never been diagnosed as being on the spectrum, and now I wonder. Sorry,  slightly OT.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 09:22:35 AM by northstar3184 »

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2020, 01:16:58 PM »
My feeding habits really have not changed that much, but I find myself drinking much more water than I used to. I’ve been trying to limit my non-water consumption, and I feel great since I never drank enough water.
I was so excited when I read "...I find myself drinking much more..." and thought "oh good, I'm not alone" and then read it was water and my excitement died  :P

Not being on my regular work schedule has impacted me both with my eating and drinking habits, both in excess.   But after 3 1/2 months that stops this week, as hubby goes back to work tomorrow, which means exercising on my lunch hour again and I have already prepped my zero point WW lunches for the week!

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2020, 08:10:36 AM »
Nope, I always had garbage eating habits.
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Ribbs

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • My music
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2020, 03:24:01 AM »
I've actually been on a health and fitness kick, but have maybe been drinking a few more bottles of wine than normal during all of this.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2020, 10:18:41 AM »
I haven't experience any changes in eating due to COVID, other than adding regular vitamin and mineral supplements.  However, I stumbled across something that has made me ponder my eating habits more in the past couple weeks: It was an article about dietary preferences of people with autism.  I've always been a finicky eater and never understood it.  I have very, very strong aversions to a lot food smells,  textures,  etc....and it's something I've never really talked about. This article listed a very limited number of food preferences that fit me perfectly. So now I've started contemplating my diet more in recent weeks and how it may correlate with other aspects of my life: shy awkwardness,  rigid adherence to things like grammar and formality, a need for quiet to de-stress after work,  etc... I'd never been diagnosed as being on the spectrum, and now I wonder. Sorry,  slightly OT.

Autism and diet is one of those areas that people deal with in different ways but I think it's quite individual in many cases. I was more finicky as a kid than I am now, but I have issues with textures.

On topic...my eating habits have probably been better for the most part because being stuck at home means being stuck somewhere where people know how to operate an oven and how to follow a recipe. In london I had to make do with what I could. But there's been less going out because my navigation stops me going walking much and the buses haven't been accessible (plus shielding). So whether it's been good for me...not sure.

Anxiety about the situation can definitely impact diet though.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline pawpatrolbab

• Power Puff Pony
  • Never be afraid to be yourself
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2020, 08:16:36 AM »
I used to drink pop every single day and now I haven't in over 3 weeks which is a big accomplishment for me. Have been trying my best to take vitamins too
🌈Wordpress Blog: https://natescoloringbook.wordpress.com/
✨Tumblr Blog: https://crayoncritter.tumblr.com/
I don't have much of a collection anymore due to immigrating but I hope to bring my trade score up so I can participate in the future! Always open and looking to make friends with fellow adults 💙 Please don't hesitate to shoot me a message!

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2020, 11:44:34 AM »
I have put on some weight unfortunately but I wasn't dong my pole dance lessons and I have just started back so hopefully I will lose what I have put on but I do comfort eat sometimes :)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2020, 08:17:02 PM »

Autism and diet is one of those areas that people deal with in different ways but I think it's quite individual in many cases. I was more finicky as a kid than I am now, but I have issues with textures.

I have been diagnosed with Autism and I used to have issues with foods touching as a kid and also I couldn't eat sandwiches for the longest time because I was traumatized by the texture of soggy buns. But on the other hand I like vibrant flavors like sour and spicy and try to seek them out.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2020, 11:00:32 PM »
I can entirely relate on soggy buns.
Soggy is not good.

Soggy bread products/cereal and squishy fruit & veg. My two pet food hates.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal