collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MLP FIM g4 friendship is forever special  (Read 859 times)

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
MLP FIM g4 friendship is forever special
« on: June 02, 2020, 06:39:37 AM »
Hello everyone,

I was browsing cartoons on my favourite cartoon website and a couple of days ago, a new my little pony friendship is forever special(s) appeared. There are six episodes.

SPOILERS AND UNOFFICIAL SYNOPSIS BELOW, DO NOT READ IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW.

Unofficial synopsis:
Starlight glimmer and spike have a magical book to put in memories of Twilight and their friends as a coronation gift. Of course, trouble occurs as they visit each friend in a different episode.

SPOILERS:

I have seen the first 2 episodes and I kind of liked it. It's mostly a rehash of old footage serving as memories, not much new stuff. I would like to see how it turns out but for a six episode special, I expected a bit more then old footage and songs.

Spoilers over, you can breathe now.

Has anybody seen it? Any thoughts? I hadn't heard of it coming out, it just appeared online one day.

I would like to know what you think, please let me know.

Cheers,

Luke

« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 06:42:20 AM by kingluke »
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: MLP FIM g4 friendship is forever special
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2020, 07:02:19 AM »
S'alright. I think it was a very cute sendoff and it was sweet to see Twilight get some one on one time with each pony, especially for some that I feel are glossed over a lot like Applejack or Fluttershy. I did not watch the memory portion (I've seen each episode, like, at least twice and don't need to see more of it) but the clips are uploaded on their own on Youtube. I just binged them all.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2020, 11:41:03 AM »
I watched it as it came out. It wasn’t a lot of new content, but it was nice to see what happened in between the defeat of cozy, tirek and chrysalis to twilights second coronation. I like reliving all those fun times, and watching the ponies recall those moments as well. Gave a nice little send off, some closure I guess. I’ll post any of my ideas with spoilers content under the spoiler, so you don’t have to have anything exposed before you see it.
Spoiler
my one complaint is that I wish luna and celestia recounted when twilight and her friends got the elements of harmony. It was a life altering event for everybody involved, and would probably be very important to them. It was twilight and co using the elements that brought the two back together. At most, all we got was when celestia decreed that twilight should stay in ponyville with her new friends. It’s a bit nit picky, but I wish they covered that.
It was also interesting to see spikes memories, and to see just how much twilight means to him. We always knew that their relationship was close, but it was often told from twilights perspective, and her learning to appreciate spike more. Going from “dragon who sends letters” to the royal friendship ambassador. And we got so few spike episodes, I felt it was easy to forget their relationship moments. So spike recounting all his experiences with twilight was a very nice touch. Twilight grew over the series, but spike grew up as well. And he wouldn’t be the same dragon he is today without twilight being there, and him being there for her.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2020, 02:46:08 PM »
They really want to milk it for all its worth, don't they?
Inka Dinka Doo
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2020, 02:21:48 AM »
I've finally seen them all. Well, I skipped the bits I already knew. It was cute but more new content would have been better in my opinion tho.
Lover of Windwhistler

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal