collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Does dollyhair take paypal?  (Read 1077 times)

Offline faespirit

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • Will there be exciting sights to see...
    • View Profile
Does dollyhair take paypal?
« on: May 26, 2020, 03:31:19 PM »
Idk if I should've made this a whole thread but does dollyhair take paypal? or can you only use credit card? I'm only 16 so I don't have a credit card of my own and my dad doesn't trust other credit cards which is understandable. I was just wondering since the paypal button is at the bottom of the site but it isn't an option when checking out. yeahh I'm stupid and I have no idea how anything along this line works. :blush:

I'm buying from Retrodolls instead which takes paypal plus she's not as nasty. thanks for your input everyone.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 07:43:14 AM by fanime5 »

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Does dollyhair take paypal?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2020, 03:34:34 PM »
Dollyhair is not a reputable seller to buy from.  Please read this thread for more info:

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396890.0.html

Also if you search the Trader Support forum you will see dozens of threads featuring her business.  Take heed.
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 04:03:19 PM »
I agree with Squirmy, I would stay away personally.
There are reputable sellers on both eBay and Etsy. I've used RestoreDolls which takes Paypal, too.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2020, 11:33:46 PM »
Dollyhair’s been around for many years, and she’s had slow shipping issues, refund issues, incorrect item issues, shorting product issues, missing product issues, communication issues, and...we’ll call it “drama” issues for all of it.  She used to be the only game in town, and she’s had enough (sometimes barely) acceptable transactions to keep getting orders, but now there are other options.  I’d recommend looking into those.   

I’ve been in the pony community since well before dollyhair was in business. Since day one, I’ve seen an unending stream of unhappy and frustrated customers complaining about her.  The things mentioned in baby squirmy’s link is a relatively new development(or at least the exposure to the general community is new), but she’s been pretty bad since day one.  She was the first person to really sell large quantities of hair for customizing, so people had to deal with her.  They don’t have to anymore.

Not every transaction with her is terrible, but problems are very common, and fixing them can be miserable. That’s  not even getting into any of the “drama” stuff. 
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 11:40:16 PM by goddessofpeep »

Offline faespirit

• Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2020, 07:34:54 AM »
Dollyhair is not a reputable seller to buy from.  Please read this thread for more info:

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396890.0.html

that's actually disgusting

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2020, 08:22:29 AM »
As with all transactions involving money, it's good to research first.  Please feel free to ask any questions about how you can make your online MLP shopping safer!  :)  We have a ton of resources here on the Arena for that. 
Credit cards online are actually pretty safe - they come with buyer protections, even when Paypal isnt able to fix the problem.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline faespirit

• Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2020, 08:38:32 PM »
As with all transactions involving money, it's good to research first.  Please feel free to ask any questions about how you can make your online MLP shopping safer!  :)  We have a ton of resources here on the Arena for that. 
Credit cards online are actually pretty safe - they come with buyer protections, even when Paypal isnt able to fix the problem.

aha thanks and of course

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal