collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Price check - G1 mail orders  (Read 644 times)

Offline whizzer19

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
    • Sea Pony Utopia!
Price check - G1 mail orders
« on: May 26, 2020, 09:49:57 AM »
Hi! I am selling my G1 mail order ponies. Hopefully this isn't breaking any forum rules to ask for a price check here, since I already have them posted in the For Sale - For Auction section while I try to work out prices. If it does break any rules, moderators can delete or message me as appropriate. :)

I've found some of them as recent sales on ebay, but am having some trouble finding others here or there. I'd love to save the hassle of ebay listings, but I also don't want to undersell here since there is a smaller market of buyers.

I have virtually every MO except magenta Satin 'n Lace and one of the sparkle ponies. So I pretty much need price checks on everything. :D Would especially love advice on Mommy & Baby, Hollywood, Rapunzel. Oh, heck, I'd love help with all of them. LOL. Assume very good used condition for all of them.

Thanks in advance! By way of background - I haven't actively bought new ponies in over 10 years, so I really am out of touch with current market. I used to be very well known in the community but have been MIA for quite some time. I promise I'm legit though. :)

Post Merge: May 26, 2020, 10:06:58 AM

I should add that I'd appreciate market advice in general. Including whether listing on ebay is the smarter move right now. Or whether Covid-19 has had much effect on sales. It doesn't seem like it from what I've noticed. But again, I'd love any advice.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 10:06:58 AM by whizzer19 »

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: Price check - G1 mail orders
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2020, 12:25:59 PM »
The most price checking I could offer would be based off the Bluerose price guide and whatever the averages are, but I'll say as someone who's not been actively listing ponies on ebay or Depop, I've had quite the steady trickle of sales? Mind you I'm not putting up very hard to find ponies or anything, most of them are just commons I've thrifted and primarily G3-4. I did sell a G3.5 Starsong within 2 days of uploading which was odd. If you're looking to sell some cheaper ponies, you'd probably be able to get them out but I think larger investments may take a while to sell.
I think a lot of people are looking to sell off in some capacity right now so I'd imagine prices may tank a little bit. I'm not on Facebook so can't speak to an influx over there, but we've certainly had a few older members just selling off en masse compared to the past few months.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 12:53:43 AM »
Baby sugar time and game time consistently sell these days for $300 - 400 usd each
Hollywood has decreased in price, she sells for any where between $20-100 depending on wings and what accessories she has
Rapunzel has increased in price, she sells for $750 -1000
TAF babies around $80 - 100
Mommy and baby pony $500 + for the set. I have seen mommy sell of late priced between $300 -500 alone, the baby I haven't seen sell buy itself for some time I would guess she would sell around the $200 mark.
Sweet scoops is really pricey around $500 plus for just the pony, the charm easily increase the price by a couple of hundred dollars
Clipper $30-50
Magenta satin and lace $75
SS Magenta satin and lace $50 -75

Sales seem to have increased over covid! I find this rather ironic, I think now is the time to sell cause in a few months I bet some people will be forced to sell collections and prices will decrease and the market becomes saturated.

Offline whizzer19

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
    • Sea Pony Utopia!
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2020, 08:34:18 AM »
Thank you both for the replies!

The one I'm most surprised about is Hollywood. I can't believe how cheap she has been lately on ebay! If I recall correctly she used to go for around $400 about 15 years ago. My memory may be wrong on that, but I do know she was highly sought after and pricey. So strange!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal