collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Custom made accessories? How to tell that is not real?  (Read 2160 times)

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Custom made accessories? How to tell that is not real?
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2020, 01:43:51 AM »
When I make custom made accessories I put a heart shaped paint mark on them.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2020, 04:48:31 AM »
I think it must be the instinctual "NO don't mark up a pony!!!11" reaction we've all got that makes people not want to mark a pony as a rehair/restoration/etc... even though it's already been altered. Which, I get why people would think that way :P it's our natural reaction. But I still say that all rehairs/restorations/etc should be marked in some way, regardless.

Offline Leikin

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2020, 09:52:35 AM »
I do understand that people might want the replica to look as close to original as possible, and by that choose to not alter from the original.

Although I love the idea of pearly princess wands, but my OCD brain would go mad if I had one pearly among the rest of the glittery wands with my princesses (although, noone says its impossible for the princesses to have TWO wands, one glittery and one pearly :P )

And I really admire the replicas done. the people making them are really talented ( I wish I had that talent as well)

All I'm asking for is just one little mark as replica :P
Maybe it could be an idea of collecting a list of "marks", as maybe a list of all replicas would be quite big I guess, but a list of "if your accessory contains a heart shaped paint mark (like bright rabbit wrote above) then i'ts a custom piece made by bright rabbit, or something like that.
Wanted: MOC Geman baby Lemon Drop, MIB baby Lemon Drop with purple stroller, MOC Rainbow Confetti, MOC Euro(NSS) Buttons, ,  and UK carded rainbow ponies.
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,391446.0.html
Follow me and my Collection at https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2020, 10:20:46 PM »

I really don't understand why someone wouldn't want to mark a rehair. I can understand perhaps not wanting to use permanent marker since it could leach into the plastic but there are plenty of other ways to mark it that are safe.

Honestly, I think it might be out of ignorance. I was online searching for advice on rehairing some damaged childhood ponies a few months back when I stumbled upon this forum, and prior to that, it would never have occurred to me to mark them as restores. I see now how it makes sense to do so, and I will if I ever get around to actually rehairing them (turns out I've also stumbled upon some great advice on fixing their existing hair as well, and I'm finding that very few of them are actually going to even NEED new hair!).

Also, as someone who has the capability to make wand replicas (I work with acrylic for a living and have contemplated trying to make one if only I can get my hands on a real one in order to make a mold from it), I'm glad this has been discussed, as I'm not sure I would have thought to mark it, either, but as much as I say my collection will remain with me, who knows whose hands it could end up in someday if I'm not around to control where it goes next.

Offline skyline

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2020, 11:54:29 AM »
On the subject, I feel like there's been a rash of re-pinked ponies on eBay that aren't marked as such - anyone else feel that way?

sig by starscout!

Looking for Lucky Bell’s Musical Dream Pony (Keypers fakie)! PM me if you’re selling !

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal