collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My first HQG1C ponies!  (Read 3360 times)

Offline IceCrystal02

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: My first HQG1C ponies!
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2020, 08:06:09 AM »
Thank you very much everyone! :lovey:

@ IceCrystal02: I took these photos with my Canon EOS 400D DSLR camera using a 28-105 mm lens :)
Thanks! It's always interesting to see what camera other people use, especially if you like the results. Your photos really are spot-on, they have so much atmosphere, I love evening back light pics. :) I have a Pentax K-1.
Thank you very much! I actually wasn't completely satisfied with how they came out so I really appreciate your compliment! :heart:
I'm not familiar with that camera but did a google search and it looks like a nice camera! I started my SLR photography adventure with my dad's Pentax back in the day :)

Ohh they look lovely happy belated bday and congrats on your new ponies.
Thank you very much :D

Heh heh, me too. And as it made sense that my dad and I could both use the same lenses, my first SLR (analogue) was a Pentax (birthday present from my dad), and I've remained true to that brand ever since. This is my 5th or 6th Pentax SLR now.  :)

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2020, 08:38:59 AM »
Congrats on your new ponies! They are so beautiful!

Offline The_Loner

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • My Little Pony fan
    • View Profile
    • Dream Planet - The Toys
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2020, 06:25:59 AM »
Thank you! :)

@ IceCrystal02: I took these photos with my Canon EOS 400D DSLR camera using a 28-105 mm lens :)
Thanks! It's always interesting to see what camera other people use, especially if you like the results. Your photos really are spot-on, they have so much atmosphere, I love evening back light pics. :) I have a Pentax K-1.
Thank you very much! I actually wasn't completely satisfied with how they came out so I really appreciate your compliment! :heart:
I'm not familiar with that camera but did a google search and it looks like a nice camera! I started my SLR photography adventure with my dad's Pentax back in the day :)

Heh heh, me too. And as it made sense that my dad and I could both use the same lenses, my first SLR (analogue) was a Pentax (birthday present from my dad), and I've remained true to that brand ever since. This is my 5th or 6th Pentax SLR now.  :)

Haha, it's the same with me and my dad :D - we borrow lenses from each other.
My dad's Pentax broke. I don't remember how it happened but I think the lens broke too. He wasn't that active with photography at the time. I decided to get my own SLR camera (analogue). The guy at our local camera store recommended a Canon and since there wasn't the matter of lens compability I decided to get the Canon and got two lenses for it. My dad then decided also to get a new camera, and since I now had a Canon he got a Canon, too, and a couple of lenses that were different from mine so our lenses complimented each other. We have both stayed true to Canon since then because, well, once you have picked a brand you are pretty much stuck with it because of lens compability :P lol But I have been very satisfied with Canon and am on my third one.
I know we have went off topic. Are you on Flickr or Instagram?

Offline IceCrystal02

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2020, 07:50:52 AM »
Thank you! :)

Haha, it's the same with me and my dad :D - we borrow lenses from each other.
My dad's Pentax broke. I don't remember how it happened but I think the lens broke too. He wasn't that active with photography at the time. I decided to get my own SLR camera (analogue). The guy at our local camera store recommended a Canon and since there wasn't the matter of lens compability I decided to get the Canon and got two lenses for it. My dad then decided also to get a new camera, and since I now had a Canon he got a Canon, too, and a couple of lenses that were different from mine so our lenses complimented each other. We have both stayed true to Canon since then because, well, once you have picked a brand you are pretty much stuck with it because of lens compability :P lol But I have been very satisfied with Canon and am on my third one.
I know we have went off topic. Are you on Flickr or Instagram?

It definitely makes sense to buy the same camera brand as another family member. You can still use the old Pentax analogue lenses on DSLR cameras (I suppose it's the same with other brands), so being able to borrow lenses from each other totally makes sense, especially if you buy more expensive fast lens. Well, I think there are adapters for the different lens mounts, but I'm not sure if an adapter leads to a loss in quality or speed.

As I switched to full-frame about two years ago, I'm really glad I kept my old analogue lenses, like the 100mm macro. It works perfectly with my 35mm DSLR. I can also still use my dad's ancient ancient lenses that don't have autofocus yet.  :)

Yes, we have gone somewhat off topic.  :blush: No, I'm afraid I'm not a social media person, just good old e-mail or you can pm me here on the Arena for more photography talk.  :)

Offline ladysidal

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Tout arrive pour une raison.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog "Daily Glad."
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2020, 08:54:31 PM »
Yay. What a great bday gift. HQG1C Ponies are so fun! I love them 😍
My name is Glad. I'm glad to meet you.

Offline The_Loner

• My Little Pony fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2020, 03:23:26 AM »
Yay. What a great bday gift. HQG1C Ponies are so fun! I love them 😍

Thank you ^.^

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2020, 07:52:36 PM »
Those are some beautiful birthday treasures!
should be perma-moderated

Offline The_Loner

• My Little Pony fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2020, 05:51:46 AM »
Those are some beautiful birthday treasures!
Thank you! ^.^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal