collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Dreams (and maybe nightmares)  (Read 1609 times)

Offline WaterDraw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Back from the dead
    • View Profile
Pony Dreams (and maybe nightmares)
« on: May 16, 2020, 02:30:18 PM »
Hello everyone!! I had an idea for making this topic after I keep having a reoccurring dream with ponies. The basic gist of it is I walk into my local thrift store and find a whole bunch of ponies (primarily g1) in amazing condition! They all happen to be rarer ones too. Off the top of my head, I remember finding Night Glider and Munchy, but there were tonsss of others. I remember they even had a whole wall dedicated to mint in box ponies and they had a deal where if you bought 4 it would only cost $100. It was an amazing dream and every time I'm about to check them out and take them home I wake up and realize it was only a dream  :(
I've also had pony nightmares too. The most reoccurring one is where I'm swimming in the ocean and suddenly a bunch of g1 ponies wash up out of the water and are all moldy and rusty (I have submechanphobia, so this is terrifying to me, along with a minor fear of rust) and they keep touching me and crashing into me while I scream for help. I've also had another nightmare of finally finding my precious Mimic and someone (usually my mother) says she left her in the tub since she thought my Mimic was filthy, and when I find her in the tub she's just rusty....ughhhhh *shudders*
Most of my pony nightmares involve submerging and rust (sometimes mold) if you can't tell  :shocked:
Buuuuuuuuuuuuut moving on from my pony dreams and nightmares, do you guys also have dreams (or nightmares) about ponies? I'd be really interested to hear them  ^.^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Mimic drawn by me~
Inspired by one of the Fluttershy redesigns and The Last Unicorn

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Dreams (and maybe nightmares)
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2020, 05:06:58 PM »
I had a dream recently where I found a G1 Surpise MOC but as soon as I picked it up the plastic bubble fell off the card.  Then I woke up so I have no idea what the point of it was.

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2020, 05:21:23 PM »
I've never had a dream about ponies (that I remember...I don't think I sleep soundly enough to dream most of the time), but I had to look up submechanphobia, and I totally have that!! I didn't know it was a thing, or that there was a name for it, but it is why I won't swim in bodies of water other than a nice, clear, artificial blue swimming pool.

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2020, 07:16:25 PM »
The only two pony dreams I can remember happened many years ago and they were both nightmares :(
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2020, 08:24:37 PM »
I can’t recall ever having a pony dream or nightmare, tbh. But op, your dream of the rusty ponies in the ocean touching you actually made me chuckle a bit- I’m sorry. I really don’t mean any offense, but the the thought of a pony lover and collector screaming for help as a bunch of ponies float around them just painted a humorous picture in my mind. Though I cannot relate to your fear, however- I do have my own, and can also only imagine that that would truly be terrifying for you, and I apologize that you have had such nightmares. Also, I was left to wonder how such ponies came to be in the ocean- even if it was a nightmare. What dreamscape d-bag is out there throwing plastic ponies in the ocean?
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline SaraMari

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2020, 09:48:41 AM »
I don't think about ponies enough to dream about them as I've never dreamed or had a nightmare about them (I never have nightmares in general)

:heart: :heart: https://www.instagram.com/moonglowdreams  :heart: :heart:

Offline Mysticmints

• Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2020, 02:51:10 PM »
had a pony dream last night about aquiring tex and masquerade,, why must they be fake,, BESTOW UPON ME THE EQUINES

Offline WaterDraw

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • Back from the dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2020, 03:05:01 PM »
I can’t recall ever having a pony dream or nightmare, tbh. But op, your dream of the rusty ponies in the ocean touching you actually made me chuckle a bit- I’m sorry. I really don’t mean any offense, but the the thought of a pony lover and collector screaming for help as a bunch of ponies float around them just painted a humorous picture in my mind. Though I cannot relate to your fear, however- I do have my own, and can also only imagine that that would truly be terrifying for you, and I apologize that you have had such nightmares. Also, I was left to wonder how such ponies came to be in the ocean- even if it was a nightmare. What dreamscape d-bag is out there throwing plastic ponies in the ocean?

It's okay, my boyfriend and I poke fun at it all the time  :lol: Humors a nice way of coping.

I think it might've been because I watched a video on those Garfield phones that wash up on this one beach because the boat that was carrying them sunk? So in my head, my brain might've been like "Oh these ponies are from a shipment that crashed NEARLY 40 YEARS AGO but they're still washing up. Teehee have fun!"
My brain is like that sometimes  :P

Also here's the link to the Garfield phone beach if anyone is interested LOL : https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-47732553

Mimic drawn by me~
Inspired by one of the Fluttershy redesigns and The Last Unicorn

Offline Goanna

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2020, 08:55:58 PM »
I have had the dream multiple times, of going into a thrift store or market and finding ponies. Sometimes they're real Hasbro ponies, sometimes they're totally made up ones I guess my brain invents for fun :P

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2020, 01:31:18 AM »
I have had the dream multiple times, of going into a thrift store or market and finding ponies. Sometimes they're real Hasbro ponies, sometimes they're totally made up ones I guess my brain invents for fun :P

Me too! Sometimes they are nirvana ponies (made up ones usually) and I can't believe my luck. Often in these dreams I discover more ponies than I can buy and I need to make some hard decisions. Or other people keep picking up the ones I want. :P

It's been a while since I had one of these dreams, though. I mostly have them when I'm actively collecting and hunting for ponies. I don't think I've ever had a pony related nightmare...?

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2020, 04:40:30 AM »
I actually had one last night. I was watching My Little Pony Tales and for some reason there was one episode I had never watched before (the only episode I actually wouldn't get to watch for years was Gribet and I finally saw it back in 2018), it took place inside the schoolhouse and revolved around a talent show or something. I think there was probably a group of ponies dancing on two legs while wearing tutus, and there was a pony on a unicycle balancing another pony on their front hoof who was balancing another who was balancing another etc., someone called it "Pierre the dragon" in a bored voice (I think it had something to do with "Puff the magic dragon", don't know why), probably the balanced ponies were meant to be the "dragon's" neck and head. Then suddenly another group of ponies built a fort out of books (or something else?), threw some books inside and set those books on fire. They were pretending to be reading the burning books, but then they started screaming when the books started burning their hooves and miss Hackney started complaining about what a stupid idea it was. The fire finally got out of control and spread all over the school, then I suddenly remembered that I had seen the episode's thumbnail showing the school's interior in flames. There was a scene where miss Hackney was just standing frozen with a terrified face and she started mumbling something in despair. Then for some reason she turned into Maleficent with her back towards camera and her animation became really bad, as if around five frames per second or less. Then an iris out started shrinking around her face, but then went back, and then the sound was gone, I started thinking to myself what a poorly made episode it was. Then the whole screen went dark, and when it was back up it showed a live-action video of a preteen girl dressed as one of the main character although I don't remember which one, I thought to myself that since it was made in 1992 then I wondered how old she was now, then it turned out there were two girls inside a school or something, I started thinking I should put it on TVTropes under that trope where an animated medium becomes live-action or something. Then those two girls entered some corridor in the back or a maintenance staircase, I don't remember, and on the floor there were tiny animated characters (kind of like in Who Framed Roger Rabbit) recreating some classical fairy tale, possibly Cinderella, and then it went on for some time until it switched to a different dream, this one was about an A student whom a spiteful teacher moved to a school floor that was nothing but P.E. and was for trouble students or something, that student may have been Lancer but I don't think it was a pony dream anymore as at one point there was a human janitor on the same floor who looked kind of like balding Michael Jackson. Then I woke up.
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2020, 07:47:26 AM »
This is more of a nightmare I’m walking about the jungle (well riding a tiger), and we come to this place with statues of Pinkie Pie. Both of us go in and we come face to face with a giant Pinkie Pie (imagine King Louie (2016) coloured like Pinkie Pie). Then I wake up.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline MilkyDreams

• Beddy Bye Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2020, 11:00:20 AM »
I had a dream where my Milky Way was bitten by a dog, and her hair was ripped out. It was a very short pony nightmare, but I still remember it.

Edit: I have some more dreams I didn’t remember at the time!

1. G3 Pinkie Pie jumped into a cardboard box and turned into Party Time, with LOTS of regrind. She was completely pink.

2. Majesty turned into an Apple, and I ate her.

3. I got a Nirvana, but someone grabbed it out of my hands and burned it.

I have weird pony dreams, don’t I?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 03:15:18 AM by MilkyDreams »

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2020, 12:25:06 PM »
The other night I had a dream where the Prime Minister was being scolded for his handling of some pony thing.

I don't really know what to make of that except lockdown has driven me crazy.

...I've had tons of dreams of finding ponies at carboot sales and other places. And then I wake up.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2020, 01:02:15 PM »
I have dreams of finding ponies.  Then I'm sad when I wake up.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal