collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: NerdGirlNerdBoy custom design etsy order review  (Read 862 times)

Offline Princess_Luvlee

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
NerdGirlNerdBoy custom design etsy order review
« on: May 15, 2020, 01:57:45 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

wel shootypoo, I can't figure out how to get photos from my insta here. I'm @scatterbrat & the shop owner is @shelvesofwhimsy

I had a custom request.

My mom and I just did our xmas, on my birthday, in the park, in April 2020.

She's getting older and less sharp; anytime she isn't sure the name of an item she calls it "my little pony". My mom and I only just now formed a relationship last year (after 10+ yrs trying) & it's so nice to have, not a child/parent ship, but a good friendship with her .

I am so grateful to every pony in creation for believing in miracle healing with me. 

My mom has only had a passing interest in my passion, but was actually excited about the miniature ponies.  She even picked out one of the birthday bags based on the fact it resembled the pink & blue castle that was community property kept at my Gramma's. And she lit up like a xmas tree all excited when I told her to pick her favorite one to keep. 

I'm not able (endometriosis) to have a kid & this experience with her is the absolutely the closest I'll ever come to knowing the joy of sharing the love for MLP with my own daughter. 

She chose Minty. I'm Mindy lol & we're proudly Irish. I picked the oddly (what why are you kidding me) wingless Firefly becuz FF is always my pony pick & here I am physically disabled; a perfect reflection of this new Firewalk we'd just unwrapped together.

Then I told her that we can both carry our ponies with us always and the love magic of My Little Pony will create a rainbow connecting our hearts.  Minty fit just exactly perfectly in her glasses case standing upright as if saddled by the bridge of my mom's glasses.

She remembered the nursery in such vivid detail! That nursery was the only MLP playset I had as a kid. With my mom helping jog my memory I clearly recall the thin texture of the bow, the feel of the roof, and the way the corner banged and dug into my leg when I carried it.

Even though I had planned on my first purchase from here being the Perfume Puff Palace I had desperately wanted as a kid & only got to play with at my friend's house, getting dressed up with Twirler becuz I was severely allergic to Perfume Puffs & my friend had to stash hers in a box in her mom's closet before I could come over to play.  My friend was several years younger than I and thrust Twirler into my hands, "this is you" and forever more it was so when I came to play. Night Glider, Floater, Windy, Swirly Whirly, Tall Tales, and Up Up & Away & I welcomed her to my herd away from home & I hope to get a Twirler one day. Pony memories daww.

I decided to get the nursery for my mom instead & headed to nerd girl and nerd boy etsy.

But almost as soon as I decided that, this idea for a bff locket pony carrier formed very fully and completely in my mind's eye. 

If they couldn't bring my vision to life then I resolved to fashion carry lockets from vintage polly pocket & I sourced right then which ones I'd need, but it wouldn't hurt to just ask the shop owner if it was possible to make what I had in mind.

It was possible. Look at it. Isn't it amazing?! Not only that but the letters on the blocks could be changed to my mom & i's initials.  They were kind & patient with me thru the entire process & I cannot recommend the shop enough. 

So that neither of us lose our ponies. (haha,my TBI) the plastic packaging from worlds smallest has a very secure base that I will cut and E6000 onto a magnet i sourced on my own which both fit into the circle on the floor of each room.

This was my first purchase, but it will not be my last.

If there's a thread for their reviews, then please cross post this there.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal