collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: i feel like a little kid I ruined a pony :(  (Read 1201 times)

Offline faespirit

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • Will there be exciting sights to see...
    • View Profile
i feel like a little kid I ruined a pony :(
« on: May 14, 2020, 07:30:09 PM »
So Ploomette came today .
I washed her and put fabric conditioner and then actual conditioner in her hair to help soften it. Her previous owner decided to cut out her tinsel for whatever reason (idk why they might recognize this if they're an arena member.)
I could tell that they did a terrible job removing the tinsel because there were still itty bitty strands of it sticking out and on top of that, some of her actual hair was cut along with the tinsel. I have a pet peeve with detinseled ponies that show little bits of tinsel along their mane and definitely if its little bits of regular hair chopped by accident,, so I decided to fully remove the tinsel and bits of hair. I didn't have small enough pliers (I forget what they're called) but they were the only ones I had so I used them. and some scissors.
I wish I had been more patient and gone to Walmart to get the proper tools but I wasn't. I made a bunch of stray cuts with the scissors which did accidentally butcher a few strands of her actual hair making it worse than before. I wasn't able to fully remove the tinsel but cut it shorter and I don't know what to do about that. On top of that, after I finished and washed her again with conditioner, her hair started to dry a little at the ends. like when she arrived, her hair was decent so I don't know what I did there??  :shocked:
I still think I have a chance to fix her. hopefully. but I feel guilty and stupid especially considering that Ploomette is a pretty rare pony and so gd beautiful and I made her even worse than before.  :yikes:
I was thinking of maybe using a curling iron to defrizz everything but then again, using it does have side effects on older g4s from my experience it makes the hair even drier eventually. 
this isn't a pony I can get more than once I won her by pure luck like what can I do I don't want to leave her this way. :shrug: :bawl:
I'll add pics if anyone would want that

[Edit for clarity - Loa]
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 11:54:06 PM by fanime5 »

Offline ladygodiva

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: i feel like a little kid I ruined a pony :(
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 05:15:47 AM »
Let's see, we all make mistakes, I got to brush the hair of a Brazilian nirvana, I have accidentally erased a little gusty Spanish baby's eye, :shocked: I'm also a case. Show us photos to see what happened and how it can be done give the best solution

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 07:17:31 AM »
:grouphug:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline LivioKelem

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2020, 07:52:38 AM »
Pony-collecting may be so nervous sometimes. Like factory deffects, restoration mistakes, bad deals and more.
Once I try to delete one little spot on pony's hip. Near her mark. You know...  >_<
We must be strong for our little tailsy girls
 :good:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2020, 09:39:37 AM »
I'd love to see pics, I'm sure we can fix her up a bit. Ploomette is really quite pretty, but she's not a once in a lifetime pony!

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2020, 09:55:16 AM »
Big hugs to you, we all make mistakes with pony maintainence; I've done it several times before, even with having done research beforehand. And let's emphasise here that you have the chance to fix her; that in itself is a big plus. :hug: Best wishes to you with repairing or rehairing her, if it comes to it! :)

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2020, 10:33:52 AM »
I know how it feels, when my Fizzy arrived I really messed up the front of her mane while trying to comb it because she was my first pony ever, it looked literally like hobo hair, I felt like such an idiot that it almost caused me to give up collecting altogether before I even really started it, but luckily I found a solution and now I use my mistake as a learning experience
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline faespirit

• Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2020, 06:44:16 PM »
I still feel terrible but thank you lots everyone I appreciate it :rainbow:

anyway, here she is ...
https://imgur.com/a/p9EJHaj
from this view she doesn't look too bad but I kid you not it gets pretty bad  :lookround:

https://imgur.com/a/IDxjsFo
I used a curling iron in her hair with conditioner bc it was drying up and I was getting really anxious. It did help a little but her hair is still dry and dead straight when wet down. I know that some collectors wouldn't really care but I'm the one picky collecter who likes to style/curl their pony's hair with elastics (I even made a youtube channel last year about it) and hates dealing with dry hair. I prefer softer, sleeker hair like ploomette's friend sweetie swirl's  ^^;
https://imgur.com/a/c2cRdP0

as you can see her tinsel was cut and I tried fully removing it out but I failed ..
https://imgur.com/a/beudtNB
https://imgur.com/a/3CC3wnE
https://imgur.com/a/IvXkgQm

Some of her regular hair was cut too (some were my my fault) and now itty bitty hairs are sticking everywhere  :cry:
https://imgur.com/a/5pEND2P
https://imgur.com/a/6Yjh2AU
https://imgur.com/a/hdRQkE8
at this point, I really dont know what I should do. I don't like dealing with dry porcupine hair and bits of tinsel and was thinking of either rerooting her or sell her on here for a lower price because I feel like I've done too much. Mabye it's time for someone who actually knows what they're doing to handle her. :(

Like mabye I'm just overreacting and getting all depressive over nothing. There's still some hope for restoration, but man do I feel guilty for ruining one of the prettiest of the g4 ponies. :sad:

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2020, 06:49:42 PM »
I think she'd look lovely if you rerooted her! You could even give her longer hair and restore her tinsel if you wanted. 
I don't think she looks that bad honestly but it's disheartening when you feel like you've ruined a pony.  :hug:

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline faespirit

• Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2020, 07:36:23 PM »
I think she'd look lovely if you rerooted her! You could even give her longer hair and restore her tinsel if you wanted. 
I don't think she looks that bad honestly but it's disheartening when you feel like you've ruined a pony.  :hug:
lol, thanks .. I might rehair her then. :bawl: :hope:  :heart:

Tbh, I'm very new to the whole rerooting thing as I've never actually bought hair from anywhere only used the hair of baity g4 fashion styles from my collection. Now that I might rehair ploomette, I want the best for her so I'm considering buying from a website like dollyhair. but like I've seen pictures of rehairs and customs before and the hair seems to be on the stiff side. Is this actually true in person?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 11:21:42 PM by fanime5 »

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2020, 12:03:05 AM »
Have you tried plucking the short hair and tinsel out with tweezers?

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2020, 05:37:17 AM »
I've bought some hair before, it's very soft. It sticks up a bit at first, but if you style it properly by using hot water, you can get it to smooth down more.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline faespirit

• Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2020, 09:38:52 AM »
Have you tried plucking the short hair and tinsel out with tweezers?

tweezers? no. but her longer hair is damaged too and the tinsel is cut too short. I honestly don't want to do anything else with the hair other than replace it entirely. ( I still dont know if that'd be a good idea) She already lost a plug in that endeavor of plucking hair and tinsel out anyway. :facepalm:
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 09:41:43 AM by fanime5 »

Offline ladygodiva

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2020, 04:55:54 AM »
You can tear off the excess tinsel with tweezers and then stick a needle into the socket with the idea that the thread will sink inside the head and it should not have more. Another possibility is to reinsert it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal