collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony insurance and COVID-19 shipping estimates: Question from our FB group  (Read 508 times)

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Hi ponies  :biggrin: An interesting question was asked on our Facegroup today, and the OP would love your input on a couple of topics! She  asks:

Need some help on two topics: Pony insurance and estimating shipping.

I am slowly working on getting my collection insured and our insurance company wants a list  of and description of each pony with photos. Anyone had experience with this process and have some pointers?  My collection is fairly large and I am not sure of the best way to do this other thsn making an Excel spreadsheet.

I am also wanting to start selling extras from my various collections but I am dreading the estimate process for shipping given COVID, increasing costs of shipping, making a buyer wait, having packaging on hand, etc, etc. How do you streamline this process? Some of the stuff I have is fairly large as there are multiple playsets.

Any tips appreciated. I need to clear out my closet and protect my treasures.

Oh and any experience with having your collections appraised? My insurance company wants that done as well😬. I don’t want some uninformed jack wagon undervaluing my babies.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
I recommend getting a scale if someone is doing a lot of shipping.

I personally use a kitchen scale (escali brand). It worked just as well as my shipping scale. And then at some point you really can estimate things. Like a bubble mailer is about 1 oz. A  g1 pony is 3-4oz. A small box is 5oz.  Actually the trickiest things can be the boxes, since some are heavier then others. eta: and misc packing material can add up weight too.

Playsets can be tricky because they can potentially be oversized and might get a surcharge. (if in the US). Personally, if I had playsets, I'd try to work out a deal with a local pick up. I hate shipping oversized things, and usually people don't want to pay a surcharge... otherwise it's good to check with UPS and fed ex to see if it's a better option then USPS (if in the US).
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 12:46:09 PM by banditpony »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
Thanks for making this thread Dragonfly!

Unfortunately, I think there is only one other collector I know of in my general area and only 3 within my state that I am aware of. I have thought of offering to my MN friends but most are still hours away.

I was using a kitchen scale before but was primitive and analog. Of course I broke it recently too lol.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal