collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Location information  (Read 1039 times)

Offline Mana Minori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Location information
« on: May 11, 2020, 08:59:17 PM »
A few locations that I have always found intriguing are only given brief mention in passing it very quickly travelled though in the animated series. Most of the following locations was given mentions in “the magic coins”, and each location seems to have an ancient artifact among them.

The first being the “heart of fire”, which is a ruby that lies in the crater of Fire Mountain, which actually is home to an active volcano. Who put the ruby on its pedestal in the volcano? What properties does the heart of fire hold?

The second is the “Emerald Idol”, which lies in the ruins of the city of the ancients. This ruined city has always piqued my interest, and I have long since wondered who these “ancients” were. Alicorns? A non-pony creature? There doesn’t seem to be any info within the episode itself to answer these questions.

Then there is the Golden Rose in the haunted garden, and I have to wonder who enchanted the hedge animals to protect the Rose? What magical properties does the Rose hold, if it needs protecting? Again, the answers aren’t made clear, as the main focus of the episode is simply retrieving the items from these very interesting and severely underutilized locations.

Lastly, there is the Golden horseshoes, which were featured in “the Golden horseshoes” episode, with Mimic. These items were said to have been crafted out of “mystical starlight “, and their location of origin- along with Mimic’s ancestor- came out of the land of “Argyte”. Where is that is land? Why have we never seen it outside of the mentions in the Moochik’s book? Will we ever see it? Who made the horseshoes, and why out of starlight? Was it the great Star Unicorn, from the g1 comic, Moonstone Adventure?

Am I crazy for wondering about these items and places? Does no one else wonder? There’s so much left unexplained and unexplored! @_@
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline Ribbs

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • My music
Re: Location information
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 09:12:46 PM »
I always wonder about the different places in pony lore too. The MLP and Friends series was full of little one-off mentions of places and things that sounded so cool. I personally think Mimic's "ancestor" is Majesty from the Dream Castle.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2020, 12:11:26 AM »
I don't remember many from the tv series but I do remember as a kid trying to map out some of the areas of ponyland based on the comic locations which were more frequently recurring. For example were the Misty Mountain and Rainbow Mountain near each other? Where did ponies come from to ponyland and why? And who decided when a pony had to move to Memory Lane...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2020, 07:37:56 AM »
When I was a kid, I was particularly intrigued by the City of Ancients, it really bothered me that they referred to it as a city even though it was just one big building, I eventually came to conclusion that there used to be an entire city of wooden buildings that didn't stand the test of time and the one remaining structure was a palatial complex or something like that, lol. Another place that always fascinated me was Tambelon, why were all Troggles adult males and apparently all in uniform, who put that giant bell there etc. Or Grundleland, what it looked like and how many citizens it had (possibly more than five, in which case those witches are more messed up than they seem) Or the Kingdom of Mountain Elves from "Golden Horseshoes". Or the Heart of Ponyland. Or the Jewel Desert. Or that realistic horse statue in the town square in Tales. There was actually quite a lot of it throughout years.
Inka Dinka Doo

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2020, 08:17:24 AM »
Or Grundleland, what it looked like and how many citizens it had (possibly more than five, in which case those witches are more messed up than they seem)

I'm pretty sure the witches did wipe out the rest of the Grundles - didn't the Grundle King say something along the lines of "we're all that's left"?

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2020, 09:19:00 AM »
This kind of stuff is pure fanfiction fuel - I can understand you at least being curious.  Also, thanks for the possible inspiration.  :)

Is this just for G1?  Because for years I've been interested in/inspired by the other castles mentioned in the G3's The Runaway Rainbow.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2020, 01:18:11 PM »
Or Grundleland, what it looked like and how many citizens it had (possibly more than five, in which case those witches are more messed up than they seem)

I'm pretty sure the witches did wipe out the rest of the Grundles - didn't the Grundle King say something along the lines of "we're all that's left"?

I agree with Carrehz. :D The Grundles we see in the movie managed to escape when the Smooze destroyed Grundleland and are the only ones left.

I think Grundleland was on the other side of the Black Mountains. The Bkack Mountains are where the Raportorians and Porcina lived.

If we’re talking about G4 locations also I’d like to know more about Abissymia where Capper is originally from. I know some of it was explained in the movie comic but I’d love to know more.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2020, 02:41:26 PM »
This kind of stuff is pure fanfiction fuel - I can understand you at least being curious.  Also, thanks for the possible inspiration.  :)

Is this just for G1?  Because for years I've been interested in/inspired by the other castles mentioned in the G3's The Runaway Rainbow.
i noticed that too! And to me, it seemed to line up with the line in G4’s the Journal of the Two sisters book about how there were many kingdoms existing and ruled by ponies before the founding of Equestria. I mean, both g3 and g4 have mention of Unicornia, the “Crystal Princess”,   And the castles / “kingdoms” that celebrate something different- happiness, friendship, family, music, kindness, and rainbows. Funny how the “friendship” kingdom is purple. And there. Are g4 elements of Harmony named, with some of them. I have always found that interesting.

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2020, 04:34:49 PM »

I agree with Carrehz. :D The Grundles we see in the movie managed to escape when the Smooze destroyed Grundleland and are the only ones left.

I think Grundleland was on the other side of the Black Mountains. The Bkack Mountains are where the Raportorians and Porcina lived.

If we’re talking about G4 locations also I’d like to know more about Abissymia where Capper is originally from. I know some of it was explained in the movie comic but I’d love to know more.

Ponyfan
there’s also Nightmare Heights, mentioned in passing by Hydia, in the movie, when she was talking about their family. G4 also mentions the Black Skull Mountains bin the 2017 movie. Wonder if there is any connection to the Black Mountains.
 I’m quite interested in the dialogue the witch’s give, though, that the valley was theirs before the ponies came in. Where did they come from?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 04:48:34 PM by Mana Minori »

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2020, 05:37:46 AM »
I’m quite interested in the dialogue the witch’s give, though, that the valley was theirs before the ponies came in. Where did they come from?

I don't know but it probably wasn't a very nice place seeing how ponies were willing to move in next to those three. Come to think of it, what kind of place was Flutter Valley located in if they literally needed a magical artifact to keep it from turning into a wasteland in one day? Combine it with the fact that Ponyland was seemingly "dark, dank and dreary" before ponies came along, and the whole area seems much less welcoming...
Inka Dinka Doo

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal