collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Has your collection chaning direction??  (Read 574 times)

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
Has your collection chaning direction??
« on: May 10, 2020, 08:34:14 PM »
I have this problem. I do like the G3s and G4s but I think its time to get rid of more than a few. I have already with the G3s. I feel like I only want to collect the G1s the ones I love. Im running out of space too. :/ I even sense that it looks weird to have the newer ponies in the old G1 ponyroom. :/ I put up my G4s so far and i thinking of doing the same with the G3s. To see if I miss them or not. :/ Has anyone reached the pony cross roads? What did you do? Also I havent been buying many ponies. I have been going through a long dry spell.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 08:36:19 PM by SkyCakes »

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Has your collection chaning direction??
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2020, 09:25:01 PM »
I used to get every pony I saw at the thrift store (you know, to save them--they were usually 50 cents each) and ended up with over 400 G3s over the course of ten years.  They ended up in boxes in my closet for years and I finally made the decision to go through them, keep only my favorites, and rehome the rest.  So I pulled them all out, selected my favorites and then made "Mystery Boxes" with the others, making sure that there were as few doubles in each box as possible.  Now they're sitting in the other room waiting until I can send them away to new homes (with the whole quarantine thing it put the process on hold) and my few favorites are in my closet (I lack display space at the moment) with my childhood G1s and the box of baits I kept for customs.  Since making the decision to get rid of those that weren't my favorites, I have passed on any G3s that I've seen at the thrift store and only picked up G4s that are not mane 6 characters.  I still rescue any G1s that I see, though I think I've only found 4 in the last year and two of them were babies so it isn't like they're piling up like the G3s did. 

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2020, 10:52:45 PM »
I’ve started collecting G3 Unicorns (with Lily Lightly being the first one I brought)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2020, 02:33:58 AM »
I bought some g3's in the past but I didn't feel a connection with them. I tried multiple ties to sell them but even at low prices, nobody is buying. I'm probably just gonna donate them to the local thrift store or my little niece.
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2020, 08:12:27 AM »
My habits have changed slightly. Before the stay at home orders, for a few months I was much more interested in finding ponies I could sell online. I even got frustrated if it was a pony I didn't have yet, ha. I'm not OUT of space but my displays are rather nice and I don't want to rearrange them to accommodate more ponies. But that didn't involve me letting go any singles. Now I'm buying more ponies that I don't have yet because the thrifts are closed and part of the thrill of finding ponies was the hunt rather than which pony it was. Not very interesting to buy ponies I already have unless they're part of a lot.
I did sell off my Equestria Girls once it felt like I was buying them out of obligation rather than actual enjoyment of the figures. I do have small regrets about that sometimes but overall it's freed up a bit of space and I didn't pay them any mind before so it's a net positive. I could always buy them back anyway.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline blonde2themax

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2020, 07:08:17 PM »
It may sound crazy but, I am trying to collect all the g3 so soft babies I didn't even know where available.  It's quite difficult to hunt them down now.  Especially, since I like them with all of their accessories. Maybe it's the fact that I'm not really attached to the new line of toys.   
Thanks Shenanigans for my sig & Sirithfin for my profile pic :D!
My Sales Page :D!http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,319444.msg580218.html#msg580218
My G3 and Season Swap Wishlisthttp://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,327117.new.html#new

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal