collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Dungeons and Dragons Ponies  (Read 9068 times)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons and Dragons Ponies
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2020, 04:08:22 PM »
I haven't played DnD yet but I may have to get these.  I'd like to see them in person first to see if they'd be good candidates for customs as well.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2020, 04:25:27 PM »
I showed my friend these and they said they were pretty sure the molds used for these ponies are not new.. at lest the bodies.. they seem to think they came from either an ornament mold or a blind box mold... How can I prove otherwise? I've been trying to find a size comparison with the dice in the image but I'm striking out lol
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2020, 04:27:39 PM »
I showed my friend these and they said they were pretty sure the molds used for these ponies are not new.. at lest the bodies.. they seem to think they came from either an ornament mold or a blind box mold... How can I prove otherwise? I've been trying to find a size comparison with the dice in the image but I'm striking out lol

The heads look like a more refined Mishmash, but the poses look newer. Actually, the lifted front leg pose reminds me of a tweaked Gingerbread pose.

They also look like they've got Loyal Subjects designs too.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 04:29:53 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2020, 04:37:25 PM »

The heads look like a more refined Mishmash, but the poses look newer. Actually, the lifted front leg pose reminds me of a tweaked Gingerbread pose.

They also look like they've got Loyal Subjects designs too.
That's what I'm trying to tell them that the molds are fairly new, but they are thinking the green and white one looks way too familiar. I'm thinking they are thinking of a fakie line but if it's the ones I'm thinking of they are Ponyville size... these look larger.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2020, 04:46:35 PM »
Looking at the box makes me think they might be the same size as the Retro Main 6 set from Amazon.  The eye design is the same, though I don't think the body molds are. 
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 04:50:19 PM by Pokeyonekenobie »

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2020, 05:03:03 PM »
Looking at the box makes me think they might be the same size as the Retro Main 6 set from Amazon.  The eye design is the same, though I don't think the body molds are. 
I think the bodies are the same mold but harder to tell because of the accessories, Looking at Rarity from the Amazon set I think a close mold of her was used...

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2020, 05:04:15 PM »
Okay, I like that their making dnd ponies. And I’m also somewhat amazed at how many of us here haven’t played. I’ve been wanting to dm for a while, so if anybody wants to play...
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2020, 05:10:51 PM »
These are very cute, love how they have hair like the G1 animated ponies. Loving the green haired one the most, the Barbarian is cute too! I wonder if the other collections coming will have 5-6 ponies per set as well! Looking forward to seeing those now.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

For Sale Wants

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2020, 05:12:06 PM »
I think the bodies are the same mold but harder to tell because of the accessories, Looking at Rarity from the Amazon set I think a close mold of her was used...

Yeah, it's hard to tell because of the accessories and they may very well be the same.  Either way, I hope that the accessories/clothes come off--it would make using them for customs easier.  :)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2020, 05:17:10 PM »

Yeah, it's hard to tell because of the accessories and they may very well be the same.  Either way, I hope that the accessories/clothes come off--it would make using them for customs easier.  :)

Eh. The retro molds were 3 inches.

I could be completely wrong, but the info for the single ghost buster pony said "Plasmane is an exciting character mashup 4 5-inch figure has a retro My Little Pony form factor "
https://www.mlpmerch.com/2020/05/my-little-pony-x-ghostbusters.html

And since periods were completely omitted in the text grab, I think it's a fair guess these might be 4.5 inches.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2020, 05:19:45 PM »
Looks amazing!

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2020, 05:21:19 PM »
These are interesting!  I personally would have liked a few brighter colors.  They are definitely the retro rainbow mold with molded hair.  I’ll pick up a pack if they aren’t too expensive or hard to track down.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2020, 05:25:36 PM »
I wonder what their names are?

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2020, 05:29:23 PM »
I love playing dnd, and I will take the entire stock! And it even comes with a dm screen!

What's a dm screen?

DungeonMaster screen.  :)  It's a fold out screen that the DM (person organizing the game for the other players) puts up.  Usually it has a cool image on the "outward" side (towards the players) and a bunch of info on the other side for the DM's use, like charts and stuff.

I didn't notice it came with a die at first!  Awesome, I can always use more dice.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2020, 05:30:13 PM »
I love playing dnd, and I will take the entire stock! And it even comes with a dm screen!

What's a dm screen?

DungeonMaster screen.  :)  It's a fold out screen that the DM (person organizing the game for the other players) puts up.  Usually it has a cool image on the "outward" side (towards the players) and a bunch of info on the other side for the DM's use, like charts and stuff.

I didn't notice it came with a die at first!  Awesome, I can always use more dice.

Oh.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal