collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: am i seriously going to wait 2 weeks after my package arrives to even touch it  (Read 1392 times)

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
I've been out of cleaning wipes for forever so have been soaking a paper towel in what I have available at the time alternatively alcohol, then after my husband said save our alcohol for medical emergencies, started using dish soap on the paper towel and now I use hydrogen peroxide once we got that in. I never used any of these three products together. Don't want to do that. I just used one at a time. After the paper towel is prepared, I wipe down the outside of the box and put it in a trash bag which is taped hanging from a kitchen chair so that trash will be separate from the regular trash. My husband says whatever is inside those boxes should be fine and he is at risk for the virus but if it makes you feel better go ahead and wipe down the items inside too if it won't damage them. I then take that trash out and once I'm inside, prepare another paper towel and wipe down all surfaces that package touched and that I touched with my gloved hands such as the door knobs I have to handle to take out the trash. That's one more thing. Wear gloves the whole time. I also tend to change my clothes and either wash my face or shower afterwards. So no you shouldn't have to wait two weeks to open your packages. Sanitizing really is a hassle but sure is necessary right now. I also sanitize all my groceries right now.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 12:21:58 PM by Koudoawaia »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
I've been out of cleaning wipes for forever so have been soaking a paper towel in what I have available at the time alternatively alcohol, then after my husband said save our alcohol for medical emergencies, started using dish soap on the paper towel and now I use hydrogen peroxide once we got that in. I never used any of these three products together. Don't want to do that. I just used one at a time. After the paper towel is prepared, I wipe down the outside of the box and put it in a trash bag which is taped hanging from a kitchen chair so that trash will be separate from the regular trash. My husband says whatever is inside those boxes should be fine and he is at risk for the virus but if it makes you feel better go ahead and wipe down the items inside too if it won't damage them. I then take that trash out and once I'm inside, prepare another paper towel and wipe down all surfaces that package touched and that I touched with my gloved hands such as the door knobs I have to handle to take out the trash. That's one more thing. Wear gloves the whole time. I also tend to change my clothes and either wash my face or shower afterwards. So no you shouldn't have to wait two weeks to open your packages. Sanitizing really is a hassle but sure is necessary right now. I also sanitize all my groceries right now.

Be careful what you put directly on ponies. I think I heard peroxide can lighten them.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
Good call. Didn't know that and forgot it'd be for ponies.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal