collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony collector statues?  (Read 2388 times)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Pony collector statues?
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2020, 04:08:36 PM »
Nope.  I have a 3d printer now.  If I wanted to print figurines, I totally could.  But I have so many in our house already.
so jealous, squirmy! I have always wanted one, and been curious whether actual Takaras could be 3D printed, if the collector fandom really wanted to.
i cannot confirm or deny this possibility *shifty eyes*
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2020, 04:30:34 PM »
I don't like the EGQ statutes.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Mana Minori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2020, 05:44:58 PM »
Nope.  I have a 3d printer now.  If I wanted to print figurines, I totally could.  But I have so many in our house already.
so jealous, squirmy! I have always wanted one, and been curious whether actual Takaras could be 3D printed, if the collector fandom really wanted to.
fine. No matter. We have ways of making you talk.....
(Soon as I think of one. Gimme a sec...)

Post Merge: May 10, 2020, 05:45:30 PM

too human?
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2020, 06:46:47 PM »
I personally don't like the EQG because the human designs feel very, eh, 2011? There was a period where I saw more realistic interpretations of the characters (like Fluttershy would have some muscle from dealing with animals! And wouldn't look super Cyute all the time because it's a hard job) so I'm bored with the designs.
Except Rainbow Dash. That one is perfect.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline FiddlePhan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://myworld.ebay.com/specialefxgreetings
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2020, 11:28:47 PM »
I love figurines that have great details but if they're in the $400 or $500 range then that's way too much for me.   It's art though so it's subjective.   To some it might hold that value and to others they'll feel it's not worth $20.

Oooh a Tokidoki G1 MLP crossover?  Yes please.   

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2020, 06:24:42 AM »

too human?

This is a brand called My Little Pony,  not My Little Dolly. And they're creepy. And certain sorts of people make the creepy even worse.

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2020, 07:53:45 AM »

too human?

This is a brand called My Little Pony,  not My Little Dolly. And they're creepy. And certain sorts of people make the creepy even worse.
i get that. I do. But it’s really not much different than the g1 humans being involved  with the ponies. G1- magical ponies cross dimensions and whisk human girl off and have her saving the world from Tirek and other bad guys with magic. EQG- magical pony crosses dimensions and involves human girls into saving the world with pony magic.   So it doesn’t come as a surprise that they get their own merch- granted the EG has significantly more merch than Megan, Molly, and Danny do- but the fact remains- they still have merch. And I don’t think anyone was really up in arms (correct me if I’m wrong) about the g1 human dolls that came with the ponies.
But I respect your decision. We all can like or dislike our own things, and if you don’t care for the humans in the brand, that’s ok. I also much prefer the ponies. All I’m saying is that they have been in there from the get-go, and I would be interested in hearing your opinion on the merch of the g1 humans dolls.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2020, 08:42:42 AM »
Yes but you see, those are people who are their own characters. Not ponies turned into people and fetishized. There's a HUGE difference.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2020, 10:25:59 AM »
the G1 kids aren't exactly moe moe desu desu anime chicks, though. Not everyone's into that stuff.

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2020, 10:58:34 AM »
Yes but you see, those are people who are their own characters. Not ponies turned into people and fetishized. There's a HUGE difference.
wait, where did the fetishized part come in, in EQD? What? No seriously- what! When? (Do you mean the borderline suggestive poses their sculpts are in, in the Kotobukiya line?)
But ok I see your point- EG is definitely inspired by anime magical girls. Fair enough.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2020, 11:46:13 AM »
wait, where did the fetishized part come in, in EQD? What? No seriously- what! When? (Do you mean the borderline suggestive poses their sculpts are in, in the Kotobukiya line?)
But ok I see your point- EG is definitely inspired by anime magical girls. Fair enough.

Well in fairness, Hasbro can't control how some fans choose to "react" anymore then any other children's company can  And they obviously weren't intended that way. But these certainly didn't help.

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2020, 12:26:47 PM »

Well in fairness, Hasbro can't control how some fans choose to "react" anymore then any other children's company can  And they obviously weren't intended that way. But these certainly didn't help.
ok I wasn’t sure if you were talking about the fans, the merch, or the show. Thanks for clarifying.
And yeahhhh...skeevy fans are going to be skeevy fans in any fanbase. I really don’t find the Koto poses of EG to be too outrageous. Fluttershy, maaaaaybe, just because she’s unintentionally squeezing her girls with the shy pose she’s in. But Rarity’s is definitely pushing the line, with the backless dress and highlighted lady parts, but then again- it’s Rarity. Not only a teen, but not really known for being modest and not using her feminine wiles to her advantage.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2020, 08:22:50 AM »
you know, this does make me wonder how old the Bishoujo figures are actually meant to be. To me, they're human versions of the main six, not the Equestria Girls versions... so are they adults or teens? I don't think the M6, as ponies, are meant to be teens. (I could be wrong, I don't watch FiM) That's always confused me about these figures, what exactly they're meant to be.

(I do like them, though.)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2020, 08:14:51 PM »
In EG they are in high school.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2020, 07:33:51 AM »
Rarity owns three boutiques. In the show, she is absolutely an adult.
In EQG, they are all in high school (perpetually, maybe they should have bumped it to college at some point but I get that that might not be so relatable to a lot of the kids who watch).
My guess would be young adults for the Bishoujo figures.

Sig by Starscout <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal