collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Other Collections?  (Read 1793 times)

Offline deermeat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fakie!
  • Out and about since 2007
    • View Profile
Other Collections?
« on: May 09, 2020, 11:17:50 AM »
Howdy-Meows, everyone! A lot of us here are collectors, that is a given now ain't it? Well besides MLLP-related things, do you have any other collections? : o

My collections:
- Bottle Caps
- Can Toppers
- Pokémon Cards
- VHS Tap

I mentioned before how I lost the majority of my things and that's just the sad reality of it all, but no way is any of that gonna slow me down baby ;p

What collections I used to have:
- Coloring Books
- MLP Figures (G1, G3, and G4 mainly)
- Bones/Skulls
- LPS
- Candles
- Bar Soap
- Journals
- Silly Bandz
- CDs/DVDs
- Random Scrapbook Stuff
- Pins
- Bouncy Balls/Regular Balls
- Stuffed Animals
- Cameras
- Books
- Art Supplies
- Stickers
- Perfume
- Rocks
- Cups
- Jewelry

Etc, etc. I am trying to re-build everything and more! As you can see, I've just restarted my VHS tape collection. Someone on Craigslist was giving away 17 blank VHS tapes- lucky me! No contact either, he left it on his porch for me to collect. With the VHS, there was a whole slew of empty cards as well.
A truly lucky find
:bunny:

I am so hyped for this dreadful pandemic to be over. I am physically disabled. I have no income either and need to wait to re-apply for SSI. Along with that, I am going to go into Assisted Living. Very helpful indeed but meanwhile I am stuck with my roommate and he can get needlessly aggressive due to stress.
Collecting things brings me so much joy because you can start at any time with anything and distracts me, how about you? What brought you to start collecting? What brought you to continue collecting? It'd be nice seeing your POV, this world can be doom and gloom but always remember light can be seen from every angle, it's about the perspective :thumb: Stay safe, stay healthy, keep that chin up and don't worry about being wealthy. Your well-being is all that matters, show the ones you love how much you care for them because that's the most you can do <3
I love cats!

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: Other Collections?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2020, 10:46:19 AM »
I mostly just stick to ponies, but I also collect Webkinz, Care Bears, and Lion King toys. I've got a tiny Voltron and Ready Player One collection as well
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2020, 10:58:05 PM »
Oh boy this might be long but here’s what I’m collecting

Attack on Titan (Blu rays, figures of my favourite characters, funko pops)
Fruits Basket (Blu rays, manga)
Miraculous Ladybug
Barbie
Stephen King (books, Blu rays of my favourite movies, Funko)
Five Nights at Freddy’s
Pokemon (have to rebuild this up because my parents got rid of them along with my Digimon)
Digimon
One Piece (Mihawk only)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 08:17:37 AM by bright rabbit 1 »

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Rychu

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2020, 06:18:25 AM »
I primarily collect care bears! Ponies have been a side collection for years now, but ive been focusing on getting the g3 plushies more and more as of recently. I collect stuffed animals for a lot of other brands too such as pillow pets, beanie babies (specifically the buddies), Aurora, and recently ive been collecting babs. I also have an interest in maybe collecting sanrio toys but im not sure yet.

I used to collect dice (and still do in some capacity, i like buying weird and unique dice) and rubix cubes (and other related brands and puzzle toys).
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 06:21:03 AM by Rychu »

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2020, 12:34:34 PM »
They can't all be called proper "collections", but I do love to gather the following:

- Sylvanian Families
- Jewellery
- T-shirts
- Anything related to The Cranberries
- Anything related to my favourite island
- Anything (magical) forest-related (toadstools, fairies, trees, owls, pine cones, etc.)
- Semi-precious stones/crystals
- Cat hair. :P

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline deermeat

• Fakie!
  • Out and about since 2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2020, 01:21:07 PM »
They can't all be called proper "collections", but I do love to gather the following:

- Sylvanian Families
- Jewellery
- T-shirts
- Anything related to The Cranberries
- Anything related to my favourite island
- Anything (magical) forest-related (toadstools, fairies, trees, owls, pine cones, etc.)
- Semi-precious stones/crystals
- Cat hair. :P

Hehehe, cat hair. You have a cat? What kind? Also what's your favorite island? I too like to gather theme-related items- and you are right, I'm not exactly sure if they are 'collections' or not.
I love cats!

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2020, 01:23:01 PM »
I have two cats actually, just regular shorthairs. :P My favourite island is one of the Dutch Wadden islands. The nature there is gorgeous!

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2020, 04:37:04 PM »
I have a collection of Transformers as well as ponies...both my early childhood loves  :cool:
I also collect crayfish-themed stuff, mostly people just gift it to me rather than me making an effort at it, though, ha ha
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline freezestime

• Forever and Always the Prom Queen
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2020, 07:57:41 AM »
Oh geez so muh stuff

Bratz
Barbie
Monster High
Pokemon
Sailor Moon
One Piece (Sanji only)
My Little Pony
LoL OMG
Cute japanese stuff
Sims games
Shopkins
Lalaloopsy
Freezestime's Masterlist! https://bit.ly/3x1te5n
Dedicated G2 thread! https://bit.ly/3vIIJhL
Dedicated G2 V2.0 thread! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,403447.msg1880080/topicseen.html#new
Forgotten Toy lines! [urlhttps://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=395090.150[/url]

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2020, 10:10:36 AM »
Ever since I was a little kid I've been collecting tiny glass bottles, metal lunch boxes, and shells (mostly collected myself, and some from my late aunt's collection - I fill fishbowls and glass jars with them for display).  As an adult I got back into ponies and also started collecting dolls (Monster High is the big one, but also Ever After High, Novi Stars, and any plump dolls I can find, along with whatever else tickles my fancy).  I used to have a pretty big collection of VHS and DVDs, and hundreds of books, but had to get rid of most of those during some moves. 

The older I get, the more I want to streamline my collections for ease of display and storage - it's hard to not want to keep acquiring more though.

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2020, 01:30:31 PM »
Howdy-meows to you too! Incidentally, that is an excellent greeting, it makes me very happy as  a hardcore cat person. :) Your positive approach to life is also immensely invigorating; I'm wishing you the best of luck with entering Assisted Living. Fingers crossed for the best for you! :heart:
In regard to the main topic of your post, re: collections, my non-pony collections are...
- Vintage teapots and milk jugs, something about them is immensely comforting, especially those with incredibly stodgy designs from the 1970s (My pride and joy is a 1970s Meito milk jug with pink blossoms on it against a dark brown background that fades into white, it's so nice!
- Kitty in my Pocket  - Again, incredibly comforting. I love cats to the other side of the universe and back, and the sets that the '90s kitties came with, like garden gates, fireplaces and sofas, take me right back to simple, undemanding memories of my childhood
- As Broken Irishwoman mentioned, semi-precious stones/crystals; they're absolutely beautiful, things such as a piece of opalite gleaming in the morning sun or tiger eye catching some rays are really a beautiful sight and my lift my spirits immensely!
- I also like collecting video game art books and soundtracks on vinyl, especially anything Shadow of the Colossus-related.

Offline LivioKelem

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2020, 10:01:00 AM »
Not so much, little L.O.L. surprise collection only. 45 dolls or something like that. Sometimes I buy pokemons but it is not a collection. Like some items what made me happy in my childhood. I have a dream about little figure collection from my favorite games: like Gothic, Penumbra or Lineage 2 (mages and fighters in ng armor, like in C1-4), but this games not so popular now and I can only dreaming about it
 :cloud:

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2020, 01:02:08 PM »
My plush shark, Bakana, collects shark toys, while sitting around are my collections of:
Troll dolls
Posters
DVDs
CDs
Soft Toys in general
Poseable Wuzzles
Poseable Care Bears (Pink Kittywinks is sculpting some rare Cousins for me including a Noble Heart Horse with brushable mane & tail)
Fairy Tails
Keypers
Ornaments, especially of cats, dogs & horses
Fast Food figures
Glow In The Dark Stars (the plastic ones)
Stickers

Things I used to collect:
Postcards
Keyrings

Things I don't collect per se, but still ended up with:
Furbies
Assorted 12" & 6" dolls (I had to buy them a house)
One 18" doll
Sand creatures
Candles

I've always had the bug for collecting things, & I don't mind toys who can interact with the Ponies because it helps to build the world
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2020, 03:15:48 PM »
I probably have too many collections for this small house. XD SOme are small amounts, others large. Besides ponies:

Model trains
Insulators
Car and Warplane models and diecast
Semi trucks (diecast, models, etc)
Music cassettes & records
Railroad items. Namely signal equipment including a working crossing gate
Fruit jars
Bottles
toys and other items from the 80's
R/C vehicles
Unicorns
Horses
Plus I have all of the salt & pepper shakers and other knick knacks that belonged to my mom.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 03:17:20 PM by lonewolf »

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

Offline babyprincessnicole

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2020, 06:38:57 PM »
My main collection is G1 ponies, but my second most-loved collection is vintage Pyrex bowls and kitchenware.  I have a lot of pieces, I really need to find a mid-century hutch to display them all!

Nicole

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal