collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Your childhood pony stories  (Read 1119 times)

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
Your childhood pony stories
« on: May 06, 2020, 09:03:50 AM »
I don’t know if this has done before since I can’t see it as a post. As the title says what are the stories of all of your childhood ponies and what happened to them. Do you still have them? Post pictures of them.

I had Seashell as a child at the age of five, (from a friend of the family), well I brought her to my grandparents house and one of my cousins broke her. Seeing as they no longer produce her I was heart broken to loose her (well my cousin got slapped because of doing that).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Your childhood pony stories
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2020, 06:11:32 PM »
I didn't have any ponies as a kid (I got my first pony at the age of 32), but our local VHS rental place had some tapes with the G1 cartoon.

(well my cousin got slapped because of doing that).
:devious:
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2020, 06:46:31 PM »
Childhood Windy and Pinwheel went with me to the lake one time, and Windy started to float away!  Luckily she was rescued.  That's one story I remember.  I remember taking baby Moondancer to school.  I have a photo showing me and Applejack at Granny's house, so I know she went on an adventure before her death.  Some of you guys here may remember my Applejack story, my dad burned her in a burning barrel.  My dad would burn our toys if we left them laying around.  My only surviving childhood transformer is the head Headmaster to Chromedome, and even it has melted bits.  I remember getting Boysenberry on a trip to Granny's house too.  I have memories of getting Blueberry Baskets and Raspberry Jam for Christmas.  I remember buying Paradise, Magic Hat and Magic Star in store.  I remember cutting out horseshoe points and mailing away for Star Hopper and baby Clipper.  I still remember opening the box the day they arrived.
As for what happened to them all, it was decided I shouldn't play with "girls" toys, so I forced to give them away.

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2020, 08:42:54 PM »
I had this great aunt who was fond of buying us the new toy of the time. One year it was Butterscotch & Blossom. Blossom, & both tails, went missing but Butterscotch (whose tail was replaced with orange wool) stayed wi me until my early 20s. She gained some friends too along the years: Baby Sea Ponies, Twinkle Eye Ponies, UK early Ponies (Honeycomb et al), Movie Star Ponies, First Tooth Ponies, & on & on, some bought new, a good few bought second-hoof. Last two Ponies I bought new were Baby Splish & Baby Splosh. last Pony I bought at that time was Roller Skate Melody. I had nearly 100 Ponies, the Buggy wi Baby Cuddles, the Bonnet School, Peachy's Grooming Parlour & the Show Stable.

Then a bad time happened & I lost almost everything. How I kept my diaries & folders I will never know, but most of the other stuff was gone, including the ENTIRE Pony collection, which also included UK comics, Mini World books, UK Club merchandise, a Lickety Split tail bag & a mug wi Firefly, Bubbles & Bowtie on it. Some of the leaflets I had too have since become very HTF, & I still don't have all the stickers either!!!

One of my folders has logs, pictures & other things detailing my Pony collection of old, & some of the Friends & Doll-people they hung out with.
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline IceCrystal02

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2020, 02:37:12 AM »
I still had all my childhood ponies until a few weeks ago. I now traded a few because I need space in my display cabinet for the ponies on their way to me and the ones still on my wish list.  :) But I still have a decently sized childhood herd and I'm so happy they are all in excellent condition.  :lovey:

After moving out (I grew up with my grandparents), my ponies spent over a decade in my grandad's old car, so after both my grandparents had died, I moved them to our flat and bought a display cabinet for them. They have moved twice since then and I have now decided which ponies will stay with me, 21 childhood ponies are amongst them.  :)

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2020, 07:09:14 AM »
Mine have had several lives. When my husband and I first got married, we were super broke. He had kids from a previous marriage, and we were anticipating having them come live with us for a while. We had nothing for them, other than beds and the clothes they came packed with. We 'borrowed' my old pony collection (80+ ponies, clothes, and every playset ever made in the US except for Dream Castle) so that we would have something for them to play with. It was a dream come true for my 10-year-old stepdaughter, and even her brothers played with them, too! One of my favorite pictures of me with my stepchildren is taken with us in the middle of the pony village we set up together.

A few years later when we moved cross-country, we brought the pony stuff back to my parents' house because the kids had grown out of playing with ponies. We placed 4 huge boxes in their basement under a large window well, and figured they'd be safe there. I was wrong...apparently during a rainstorm the windowwell filled up and burst open and flooded that corner of the basement. When I asked about the ponies a few months ago (we've since moved back to the area) my mom mentioned the flood and was ambiguous about what exactly happened to most of the pony stuff. She said I was welcome to poke around the basement if I wanted, but that a lot of stuff got thrown out.

I found what looked to be about a third of the ponies, and some of the clothes, but none of the playsets other than Baby Cuddles' buggy (although now missing the top heart clip to keep it together, and NO ONE will sell me a new one!). I took them home, cleaned them up, and was surprised at how great they look despite how carelessly they were stored, and played with by 2 sets of children! I've set about my mission to replace all that was lost (plus a few more  :sheepish: :silly:). I've found the cleaning process to be really relaxing and rewarding. I let my son play (carefully) with a few of the worse-condition ponies I wasn't able to completely salvage, and give him some of the duplicates I get when I purchase bait lots.

Some good news: my mom called me to tell me she found another box that she believes to be pony stuff, and has set it aside for me to pick up when this quarantine is over. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high about being reunited with some of my old friends again, but we all need something to look forward to right now, so here's to hoping!

Offline IceCrystal02

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2020, 07:28:29 AM »
Lady Amalthea: Oh, that would be great if more of your old ponies turned up! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!  :frolic:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2020, 07:56:37 AM »
The older brother of my neighborhood friend got ahold of some scissors while we were playing outside with my ponies.  So we were coming around the back corner of the garden and saw him holding a pony.  I screamed and he chopped Starshine's mane almost clean off.  And then he chopped her tail!  I was so angry... I still remember grabbing the scissors out of his hand and stabbing him in the leg with them LOL  I didn't get in trouble, but he wasn't allowed to harass us anymore...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2020, 11:46:08 AM »
Lady Amalthea: Oh, that would be great if more of your old ponies turned up! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!  :frolic:

Thanks! I hope so too! I'll probably be so happy I'll have to post on the brag arena page if they do...

Post Merge: May 07, 2020, 11:47:04 AM

The older brother of my neighborhood friend got ahold of some scissors while we were playing outside with my ponies.  So we were coming around the back corner of the garden and saw him holding a pony.  I screamed and he chopped Starshine's mane almost clean off.  And then he chopped her tail!  I was so angry... I still remember grabbing the scissors out of his hand and stabbing him in the leg with them LOL  I didn't get in trouble, but he wasn't allowed to harass us anymore...

Sounds like he deserved what he got! I'd have stabbed him, too.

Post Merge: May 07, 2020, 11:58:45 AM

Childhood Windy and Pinwheel went with me to the lake one time, and Windy started to float away!  Luckily she was rescued.  That's one story I remember.  I remember taking baby Moondancer to school.  I have a photo showing me and Applejack at Granny's house, so I know she went on an adventure before her death.  Some of you guys here may remember my Applejack story, my dad burned her in a burning barrel.  My dad would burn our toys if we left them laying around.  My only surviving childhood transformer is the head Headmaster to Chromedome, and even it has melted bits.  I remember getting Boysenberry on a trip to Granny's house too.  I have memories of getting Blueberry Baskets and Raspberry Jam for Christmas.  I remember buying Paradise, Magic Hat and Magic Star in store.  I remember cutting out horseshoe points and mailing away for Star Hopper and baby Clipper.  I still remember opening the box the day they arrived.
As for what happened to them all, it was decided I shouldn't play with "girls" toys, so I forced to give them away.

My goodness, that's horrifying...poor Applejack! I know I've threatened to bag up my son's toys for the trash before if he doesn't pick them up, but I'd never follow through with actually getting rid of them, maybe having him earn them back or something. I would have been devastated if my parents did something like that.

And I'm so sad for the child 'you' that you were forced to give your things away because they were 'girl toys'...as the mother of a boy who only likes girl toys, I hope to never break his spirit like this. I'm so sorry someone did this to you.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 11:58:45 AM by LadyAmalthea »

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2020, 01:12:17 PM »
I still remember grabbing the scissors out of his hand and stabbing him in the leg with them LOL

How much did he bleed?
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2020, 01:16:50 PM »
I had no childhood ponies but I do have a memory of the episode I watched at my grandma's house. It was a fragment of Fizzy playing with a ball and using her bubble magic.
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2020, 01:34:58 PM »
I still remember grabbing the scissors out of his hand and stabbing him in the leg with them LOL

How much did he bleed?
I have no idea.  I think we gathered up my ponies and ran away screaming to my mom.  As little ones do...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Cide85

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2020, 06:53:39 AM »
Well me and my best friend had 2 My Little Pony Kingdoms. Mine was ruled and still is by Wigwam, and hers was ruled by Barnacle. We created all sort  of interactions between our 2 kingdoms and all sort off stories happened... just no idea anymore what all. ^^

Not all of the ponies in this picture are from my childhood, but Daddy Sunbright, Baby Meadowsweet (of course as a result they needed their whole family together), Baby Splosh and Sea Breeze are from my childhood. I have a picture and know Sea Breeze traveled from Finland all the way to Turkey on a holiday trip. I do hope she enjoyed the warm weather there.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bdba1ixx1nx7r6q/DSC04223.JPG?dl=0

Poor Baby Splosh is the worst condition of the 3 seaside babies, but what can you do, when she did enjoy water quite a bit. I do wonder how many of these leaflets that came with her can still be found.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nhbiqonetln0qrj/DSC05768.JPG?dl=0

But those are at least some memories from childhood. ^^

Edit to add: I am glad my mom herself is a collector of old dolls... as thus almost everything was kept around, even if it may mean that also a lot of useless stuff has been kept around.... We also together went to a lot of different flea markets when I was a kid. Wigwam was one of my finds from a flea market, and I was getting him asap as I saw him with his hat. When I was about 10 years maybe younger even we quite regularly even did trips to Helsinki (Finlands capital) for the very big flea market that it had. We would leave with bike at around 4 am to bike to the train station, and from there embarked on a 4 hour journey to Helsinki, so we could be there right as the place opened up at 8 a clock in the morning.... I know I at least got some italian ponies from there, so soft Magic Star a type of pony I had never seen before and Princess Royal Blue with her dragon for 30 markkaa as in now days would be 5€ (it felt like a lot of money back then though). Princess Royal Blue is still one of my favorites, and the amount she cost is the only one I remember... I was quite dedicated to ponies back then... And thus my so to speak childhood collection reached about 120 ponies or so, even when I probably only had around 20 ponies from actually a shop. Of course I never could get everything I wanted, I had to pick my favorites to buy as there was a lot of them for sale back then in a flea market. But I remember those trips quite fondly.

So yeah, I feel bad hearing other having lost their childhood ponies, I do hope LadyAmalthea can find some more of her ponies as well. ^^
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 07:19:44 AM by Cide85 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal