collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

What happens when the crystals are cracked and drained of power?

Destruction of the Crystal Castle
2 (14.3%)
Queen Lily Lightly goes into a coma
3 (21.4%)
Zombie Apocalypse
3 (21.4%)
Ponyland turns black and white
4 (28.6%)
Eternal Night
2 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: May 10, 2020, 07:03:09 AM

Author Topic: Choose Your Adventure! Chapter Two and a New Choice  (Read 1691 times)

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
Choose Your Adventure! Chapter Two and a New Choice
« on: May 03, 2020, 07:03:09 AM »
In the Valley of the Crystal Castle, things have gotten pretty quiet.  Queen Lily Lightly has been travelling abroad with her entourage, leaving only a few trusted ponies to take care of the castle.  Lady Wingsong, from the Kingdom of Song, is currently is residence to handle the day to day concerns of the kingdom.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Good friends Breezie and Spring Parade remain as faithful castle guards.  Their jobs have been fairly boring for a while, but they find mischievous ways to entertain themselves off duty.
The Queen has sent word of her eminent return.
Butterscotch and Desert Blossom race around the castle to make everything perfect.  There are dishes to be prepared, plants to be tended, beds to be made.  A flurry of activity ensues.

"Breezie, can you at least make yourself useful if you are going to be in the way?" Desert Blossom is rarely prickly, but she is feeling a bit overwhelmed.
"I have to guard the entrance to the castle.  I am being useful." Breezie is slightly indignant.  Nearby, he hears Spring Parade snicker.
"What do you need, Desert Blossom?  I can help."  Spring Parade chokes back further snickering and goes into hero mode.  He is always ready to help, well, impress others.
Desert Blossom takes a deep breath and starts listing her checklist.
It's Breezie's turn to snicker.

But far below the Crystal Castle, in the long forgotten catacombs, the rustling of disturbed stones and bones echoes. A mysterious pony picks her way as delicately as possible through the dark. 
"I'm close."  She whispers, her once beautiful voice now a croak.  She slips, dislodging what she hopes is a large stone.  It felt a bit light for a stone *shudder*.  The catacombs fill with a glowing light.
"I knew it!" 
The very name sake of the castle, left undisturbed until now.  The mystery pony lets out a laugh of relief and joy that sounds suspiciously like a cackle.

The winning vote: Restoring her former beauty!

Chapter Two

"Thank you, Amberlocks.  After such a long trip you are helping me feel ready to greet the castle properly."  Amberlocks nodded happily, her curls bouncing.
"I have missed your hair. So long and lovely.  And of course, I missed you too your majesty."  She continued to devote herself to the queen's curls.

Shortly thereafter, with fanfare and joy, the kingdom gathered to welcome the queen home from her travels abroad.  The quuen thanked Lady Wingsong for watching over everyone in her absence as a royal feast was underway.

Meanwhile....

Mystery Pony: "We have them!  The Crystal Castle's legendary crystals." Oohs and aahs appropriately followed.  Twinkle Twirl couldn't resist trying to touch them, but the mystery pony snapped at her.
"Don't even think about it Twirl!  These are far too powerful for touching.  We may only have one shot at this to restore my- I mean our former beauty!"  Twinkle Twirl glanced at her mane.  Oh how she missed her long silky locks of youth.  She nodded shyly.
"Don't you think our hair will grow back over time?" Another pony among the misfits chimed in.
"Perhaps, perhaps.  But time will not fix THIS!"  With a dramatic flourish, the mystery pony removes her cloak.

The other ponies gasp in horror.  Ribbon Wishes had not been seen in quite some time.  She was remembered as a sweet pony, dedicated to making the wishes of other ponies come true.  That Ribbon Wishes seemed a distant memory.
"I was once like THOSE ponies that live in their happy little castle.  My only desire was to get a certain pony to notice me.  He was too busy.  It was a normal day when I was headed to town and saw a strange lamp seemly tossed aside.  As I touched it, a magical genie appeared!"

"What is your wish?" 

I wasn't used to thinking about my own wishes, so what popped out of my mouth was very unexpected.
"I wish to be able to make Breezie's greatest wish come true!"
The tiny genie giggled and clicked her hooves together.  "The best way to grant wishes....is to BECOME a genie yourself!" Suddenly, I felt my hair being pulled and to my horror, the lamp was trying to pull me inside!  I ripped my hair to free myself and there was a loud burst and I ached all over.  When I came to my senses, I felt....different.  I had been cursed by the lamp.  I no longer wanted to grant ANYONE a wish except myself.  When I saw my reflection for the first time, I became quite ill.  I want to go back to my former self!"
Ribbon Wishes grabbed a power crystal in her mouth without warning.  The entire cave filled with an eerie blue light that grew to blinding.

As the flashes of blue light faded, every pony had been tossed off their hooves by the sheer power.  The crystal lay at Ribbon Wishes feet.......cracked and drained of color.

Ribbon Wishes climbed to her feet.  "It must have worked!  I do not feel the curse anymore!" An eerie silence filled the cave as no one responded.
"What? What is it?  Are you guys ok?  Do we need to use the crystals to restore you too?"  Gone was the cracked voice, her voice was lovely and strong.
"Um, Wishes,"  Royal Ribbon hesitantly cleared her throat.
"What?"
"You look....amazing really, but I do not think it's exactly what you had in mind...."

"It is so good to be home.  I have missed you all so much."
Just then, a blue flash of lightning spread across the sky....
Choose Your Adventure Time!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 10:47:44 PM by Colorscapesart »

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
Re: Choose Your Adventure!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2020, 07:05:54 AM »
Ooooh this is such a cool idea for a thread! I love it!!!

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2020, 08:56:17 AM »
I had to make sure all the options were things I could actually photograph.  After this vote, another fun photo session and a new slew of choices :)

Offline IceCrystal02

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2020, 09:28:31 AM »
I love it, too! Choose-your-own-adventure is my favourite board game mechanic, so encountering it in the MLP world is a wonderful surprise! Can't wait to progress through the story.  :frolic:

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2020, 09:35:03 AM »
Ok, the last picture with the mystery pony and pony parts strewn about is freakin' awesomely disturbing  :lol:
I loved choose your own adventure as a kid.  Powered through all the ones in the school library and local library.  I mean, who doesn't like a second (or third, fifth, eighth?) chance at a happy ending  ^.^

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2020, 09:36:58 AM »
Oh this will be fun!  Or...scary...we are three photos in and there are already carcasses!

"sell them on eBay for profit" = lol
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2020, 10:03:44 AM »
Love this!! I think she should pull a Mother Gothel and restore her former beauty because I want to see the pictures of that (and because that's what I would do!)

I also love the 'carcasses'...I guess that gives me an idea for all the more hopeless cases in my pony bait box; if I can't save 'em, I can always make a dungeon for 'em!

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2020, 10:27:48 AM »
Oo, I love this idea! I picked that she should restore her former beauty, but I'd love to see her sell on eBay for profit, too.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2020, 02:18:44 PM »
Ok, the last picture with the mystery pony and pony parts strewn about is freakin' awesomely disturbing  :lol:
I loved choose your own adventure as a kid.  Powered through all the ones in the school library and local library.  I mean, who doesn't like a second (or third, fifth, eighth?) chance at a happy ending  ^.^
They were some of my fave books as a youngster too!!!

BTW these photos are awesome!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline FiddlePhan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://myworld.ebay.com/specialefxgreetings
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2020, 08:21:26 PM »
This is awesome!!!!  I can't wait to see what happens next and your photo scenes!

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2020, 03:46:51 AM »
What a fun idea, this is so creative!

Offline LNS

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Glitter Ninja!
    • View Profile
    • on pink wings ...
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2020, 07:51:46 PM »
Such a fun idea! Looking forward to seeing what happens next. :D

Offline Mana Minori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2020, 09:28:10 PM »
oh.....hmmmm. Quite the interesting setup. I look forward to seeing where this story goers.

The last picture. Exquisite! I love the lighting and shadows. Makes for a very ominous and intriguing pic. The headpiece of....what I presume to be a cloak....did you make it?
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2020, 05:24:29 AM »
You are very kind. The "cloak" is a square of felt.  If I end up needing it again, I'll have to improve it. It wont stand the test of real lighting lol.

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
Re: Choose Your Adventure! Chapter Two and a New Choice
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2020, 10:52:43 PM »
Bump for new choices!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal