collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Flutter Pony/Windy Wing/Summerwing Opinions  (Read 1873 times)

Offline WaterDraw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Back from the dead
    • View Profile
Flutter Pony/Windy Wing/Summerwing Opinions
« on: May 03, 2020, 01:40:23 AM »
So I was kind of just looking at ponies and I realized that I actually quite like flutter ponies. I never really thought of them before, but something about their unique bodies and cute little wings (that are rarely attached) really intrigued me. Soooo I wanted to know what you guys think of them? And also which year you prefer if you prefer one over the other. Personally I prefer the second year since the colors are more vivid. Plus it has my favorite flutter; Tropical Breeze! (I'm a sucker for flamingoes)
Along with flutters I also included Windy Wing and Summerwing ponies in case you prefer or have stronger opinions on them. Honestly, I think they get overshadowed by their more slender and delicate cousins, but I might be wrong.
Between the three (two?) species, I prefer the Summerwings. However I am biased as Buzzer was one of my original 2 g1 ponies.  :P As you can guess, Buzzer is my favorite of the Summerwings for this reason, heehee.
In the Windy Wings, I have a tie between Moon Jumper and Flurry. I like Moon Jumper's pose and design with the cow jumping over the moon more, but Flurry does have quite a beautiful color scheme...

I like to think of Flutter ponies as fairies and Summer/Windy Wings as pixies (especially since, according to the internet, pixies are shorter than fairies).

Buuuuuut what do you guys think? Are you fans of flutters, or windy wings, or summer wings? Do you have any favorites? Any precious memories? (heehee I have a memory of bugging my older brother with Buzzer, repeating she'll grant him any wish if he let's me on his TV) Please let me know! :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Mimic drawn by me~
Inspired by one of the Fluttershy redesigns and The Last Unicorn

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
Re: Flutter Pony/Windy Wing/Summerwing Opinions
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2020, 06:34:25 AM »
I actually just bought 2 windy wing ponies the other day! They're super cute and smaller than I anticipated, the ones I got were Moon Jumper and Cool Breeze. Luckily they still have their wings intact but their hair was unfortunately snipped, but that can be easily be replaced.

My next one I want to get is Stary Wings, I'm a sucker for space themed ponies lol!

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2020, 06:53:13 AM »
I've always loved Flutter Ponies. As a kid I wanted Morning Glory, Peach Blossom, Forget-Me-Not and Queen Rosedust, but never owned any.

Right now I have Yum Yum, Tropical Breeze, Wind Drifter, a custom named Snow Bird, Morning Glory and Queen Rosedust. I plan on nabbing Peach Blossom this year too. I'd love to have Hollywood, but its unlikely I'll find her under $40.

Making wings for them is super fun! I use Linniekins tutorial.

When I first saw the Wingers I didn't think much of them outside of Cool Breeze and Moon Jumper. Then I got High Flier and she is just so tiny and precious. Too bad Cool Breeze is WAY outta my price range. Moon Jumper is also expensive for a pony that size. My daughter has her though, she's so cute!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 06:59:29 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline IceCrystal02

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2020, 06:54:05 AM »
I love both, Flutter and Winger ponies. I grew up with two of the flutters (Morning Glory and Tropical Breeze) and I've always loved their smaller, more delicate bodies. I bought my first Winger pony around ten years ago and I was astonished at how small they are, I hadn't realised from the photos that they are baby pony size. But I love them, they're so lovely. Plus their wings aren't as delicate as the Flutter wings.

I actually prefer the first Flutter ponies, as their colours are more subtle and one of my favourite Flutters, Peach Blossom, is amongst them. The other is from the Slumber Party Gift Pack, so she wasn't released along with other Flutter Ponies.

I have two Winger ponies (Glow and High Flyer), with a third on the way (Cool Breeze).
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 06:55:57 AM by IceCrystal02 »

Offline StillandSilent

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2020, 07:31:07 AM »
I love the summer/windy wings so much that I'm working on baby customs of them.  I love the idea of the flutter ponies, but their designs are kind of boring to me.  Oooh, pastels with flowers, never seen that before. Tropical Breeze, though, hits all the right notes for me.   I love the poses and those delicate wings, I just wish they had been a little more creative with the colors and symbols. 

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2020, 07:58:04 AM »
The "fairy" ponies have always been my favorite!!  I had all of the first-wave flutter ponies when I was a kid; they were so beautiful to me then, and still are now.  :inlove:  Imo, the soft colors and floral designs of the first wave really suited their feminine sculpt and delicate wings.

Of all the ponies I want to collect, the flutters and wingers are pretty much at the top of my list (though not looking to have them all).

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2020, 08:00:26 AM »
I prefer the windy/summerwings to the flutters, but the flutters have grown on me since I've acquired them. I have the complete first set, somehow.
Cool Breeze may end up being my tax return purchase this year, she's such a perfect pony. :lovey:

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2020, 08:32:33 AM »

My next one I want to get is Stary Wings, I'm a sucker for space themed ponies lol!

Mmm yes space themed ponies are the best!
I personally think all of them are cute. The flutter ponies are long and slender, but I always thought their legs were a bit too long. I know ponies aren’t exactly proportionate, but the legs on flutter ponies seem a bit longer than they should. I do like them though.
Windy wing/ summerwing ponies I like a lot. I’ve always enjoyed butterflies, and it’s nice to see a butterfly line of ponies. The only one I have is buzzer (who if you ask me is a bit of a grouch. Just something about him reminds me of typically grumpy characters) but I would love to have more.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2020, 09:32:11 AM »
SpaceButtPonies I'm jealous of your new windy wings, those are some of my favorites! 

As a kid I had one flutter (Wingsong) and one summerwing (High Flyer), but I definitely preferred the latter.  The flutter ponies didn't seem very dynamic somehow?  Like for a flying pony I found them rather inactive-looking.  The wing-flapping mechanism was pretty cool though!  I don't remember how long my wings lasted, ha ha.

As an adult, the flutters are growing on me more, though.  Right now I have all 6 of the first set of flutters, most of which have their original wings, plus High Flyer and Buzzer.  I think I still prefer the summer/windy wing ponies, but its close.  I do have a plan for a flutter custom that I'm excited to make!  I just need to get a bait pony.
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2020, 09:52:45 AM »
Out of the Flutter Ponies, I’ve got Queen Rosedust, Morning Glory, Lily, Forget-Me-Not, Peach Blossom, Honeysuckle, Yum Yum, Wingsong, Tropical Breeze, three customs that are Hollywood (a bright pink Lily), Scribbles (bait Rosedust), and Dabble (bait Lily). I’m only missing Pink Dreams (grail), Wind Drifter, and Cold Puff.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2020, 10:21:45 AM »
I love flutters and windy wings! I only have Rosedust for flutters right now, but Peach Blossom is on my wantlist. For windy/summerwings, I have Lady Flutter and Glow, who are sooo cute. I would like to have Moon Jumper as well, she's pretty.

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2020, 10:27:34 AM »
I didn't like the Flutter Ponies as a kid; I found the toys to be less spirited and charismatic as they were portrayed on-screen in the movie, so I passed on them, with the exception of the ones that came with the party and slumber party packs. Their faces always seemed weirdly shaped to me somehow.

As an adult, they've grown on me...especially the second set, some of the colors combos are stunning. Tropical Breeze is also my favorite, I have a baity one of her sitting around I need to try to clean up; she came in with a bait lot I purchased but I think she's salvageable.

I've never had a winger pony, but I think they are cute!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2020, 10:38:38 AM »
Tropical Breeze is best flutter.

Just had to share that <3. She was my childhood flutter and maybe the first pony I remember picking out for myself with my fifth birthday money.

Yay for a chance to bring this pic out again:

Childhood one is the one at the front with the superbly frizzy hair. Those are her original wings, but they've been repaired. I wasn't that careful a five year old that they didn't break but I used to slot them between the button and the holder if I wanted her to fly xD.

I have one other not in the picture, when this was taken she was still in London.

I love the wingers, both Summer and Windy, but the Flutters are special somehow. The delicate wings that break almost as soon as you look at them are kind of the draw for me and I have a bunch of them MIB because honestly, that is the best way to display a flutter without feeling like they might fall apart.

All my loose Flutters have wings but only a few have unbroken wings. One of those fell 7ft from a shelf once but somehow didn't break (gasp!) so maybe it's to do with the fluttering that makes them especially delicate.

But even though they were a bit of a faulty design idea, I love the Flutters.

In French they were called Dragonfly ponies, so that's how I see them. Whereas the wingers are butterflies to me.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2020, 11:17:02 AM »
I absolutely adore flutters! My first one was rosedust and I almost have the first set complete except for forget me not. (The irony is not lost on me.) My favourite is honeysuckle. SHe had a good personality in the show and looks pretty. I gave her clear, glittery wings with a blue hem. I make all my flutter wings myself and it's so fun.

I don't really have strong opinions on the windy wing/summerwing ponies, aside from that their names can be confusing. Who is a windy and who is a summer and all that. I have high flier and skydancer and I like them both. I do really want moonjumper but I'm saving her for another time,
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2020, 02:06:03 PM »
Flutters are okay. I much prefer summer/windy wings though. The wings themselves are better designed.

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal