collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Week of April 28: COVID-19 info, facts & updates  (Read 9220 times)

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
Re: Week of April 28: COVID-19 info, facts & updates
« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2020, 12:24:50 AM »
 Most of the colleges in the state announced going online for the fall 2020 semester. Shops can open for curbside pick up, the malls and movie theaters won’t open till stage three. Each county is initiating some part of stage 2 but there is confusion. Over when the mandatory shelter in place will end.

I'm not going to change my routine if it ends as listed on May 31st as I ha e underlying health issues. Masks are required when shopping and when in public. Not everyone is following the rules adding to confusion etc. Taking walks, hiking and going to the beach are allowed. As long as people social
distancing.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 20, 2020, 04:57:21 AM »
Our stay at home order is completely pulled it seems, and everything is a suggestion under a "health advisory". I have mixed feelings, as I would of liked there to of been a trend down or antibody testing available to everyone. But since it came out no where and didn't seem in line with his original plans, there was some political force behind it.. the governor was trying to avoid the courts to overrule what he had done.

I wouldn't care as much, if people took it seriously with just some social distancing when in public places. All this time it's kinda like eh, people are going to gather anyway, and that's their thing. But if they are out in public, then they should be more mindful, since they don't know the health condition of the person next to them.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 12:59:12 PM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 20, 2020, 05:58:03 AM »
Yesterday there was another press conference and everything that is planned for June 1st is through.

So restaurants are allowed to open, inside 30 people only and outside unlimited. But keep the social distancing in mind and you need to make a reservation. My favourite sushi place: here I come :)

Public transport is going to be on full schedule again but with marked seats. Still the advise is to travel when necessary and don't use as a nice day out. But I am pretty sure that will happen. Facial masks must be worn, for those who don't risk a 95 euro fine. Meanwhile the masks start to show up at stores and I found affordable fabric ones. So I am settled :)

Schools start to open up more. And the government insist that those who live far away should not be using the public transport. So either walk, bike, brought buy their parents or school has to create a solution.

Cinemas and theatres are open too, 30 people only.

The zoo and other entertainment places are open too but not full capacity and reservations upfront.

The only branches that are not set to be opened soon are the gyms and the performers with lots of audiences.

Overall its also starts to look like a kindergarten. "he is allowed to open, I want to open too". There is a reason why there is an opening schedule.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 20, 2020, 11:46:26 AM »
Here's the latest info where I live. 630 cases, 50 deaths 401 people recovered.

People are still acting like the "strong suggestions" (We're encouraged to wear masks but unless a business/office  has specifically stated that you must wear a mask to enter it's encouraged but not required.)   don't apply to them. I saw 2 people today that wore a mask to enter a store but once inside they pulled their mask down so their mouths and noses were exposed. In my opinion that defeats the purpose of wearing a mask

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #79 on: May 20, 2020, 02:11:53 PM »
You're exactly right. That does defeat the purpose of wearing a mask.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #80 on: May 22, 2020, 11:17:26 AM »
I haven't watched many of the UK briefings lately, but I know that our testing is finally getting a lot better. Statistically now testing more per million than Germany and the US but not as many per million as Italy or Spain. Still work to do.

Priti Patel gave today's briefing, apparently. So glad I missed that. Really cannot stand her.

...In other news, numbers in the UK are steadily on the downward slope, but it is going slowly.

And people decided to pack south west beaches.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 22, 2020, 12:42:05 PM »
We are at Phase 1 re-open which means medical care, dentists, restaurants, etc.  No gyms or pools or movie theaters or summer camp though.  We just all have to be distancing, so basically at less than half capacity.  Anybody with digital no-contact payment /services is doing much better in sales obviously. 

I'm planning on becoming much more of a recluse this summer and working from my garden.  :D  My workplace already decided that we are working from home most of the time and having a day or two be our "office day".  we all have our own offices and hated being boxed up. but now it works for us! 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 18, 2020, 04:11:47 PM »
Our cases have been expanding rapidly.  We are at 1032 cases now and today the local news media released a list of exposure sites that includes many bars and  restaurants.

Ponyfan

Offline Harmonie

• Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 19, 2020, 05:18:04 AM »
Well, my state is in the news both for the stupid Trump rally and also the cases apparently doubled yesterday. Lovely. If we had just stayed closed up longer maybe we'd actually be getting better instead of this. *shakes head*

|My Collection|

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #84 on: June 19, 2020, 06:06:52 AM »
Well, my state is in the news both for the stupid Trump rally and also the cases apparently doubled yesterday. Lovely. If we had just stayed closed up longer maybe we'd actually be getting better instead of this. *shakes head*

Stay safe Harmonie!

I'm in Texas outside of Austin. In my area we crossed 1000 cases this week. I'm just so disappointed in us. Amusement parks are reopening at max 50% capacity. i guess outdoor parks in the hot sun may be safer. i still can't imagine going to a restaurant.

Our governor is pushing to reopen everything and leaders of our largest cities are trying to pull back or at least get people to wear masks. the masks are annoying and i know people with breathing problems have a lot of trouble with them. but it seems like if people who can wear masks wear them it will also protect those who can't wear masks. it just seems like the least people could do. in the city it seems like more people wear masks but in the more rural areas i see less people wearing them. We get take out sometimes and go pick up groceries.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Harmonie

• Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 19, 2020, 02:48:05 PM »
Stay safe Harmonie!

Thanks, you too!

Thankfully, my family and I are staying home. We rarely go into stores, we usually do pick up or delivery (which is all I've done, I haven't seen the inside of a store in a very long time), and we only do pick up/delivery for meals from outside the house, too. I can not imagine going to a restaurant!

The only time I have actually gone into somewhere is for doctor's appointments, my MRI, etc. I always wear a mask, and I notice that people have been very good about wearing masks in the hospitals. That's nice because I've heard it's not the case elsewhere.

|My Collection|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 26, 2020, 07:35:15 PM »
We are moving backwards where I live. All reopenings have been paused at their current state.   Bars are closed again and restaurants have to go back to 50% capacity instead of 75%   People are still encouraged to wear face coverings and all businesses must require employees to wear them.

Ponyfan

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #87 on: June 27, 2020, 12:32:49 AM »
There's been some stuff on the news here about case numbers going up stateside.

Stay safe everyone, especially since the July 4th holiday is just around the corner.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #88 on: June 27, 2020, 07:10:38 AM »
Yeah Texas is in big trouble. With Father's day last weekend and the 4th coming up a lot of people are just going to go to each other's homes and spread it around more. I know that people need to stay home and not go see family, got out to eat etc. I just wish people would behave without laws. The idea of forcing people to stay home makes me uncomfortable. I know it may be the only way. but Texans don't like to be told what to do.

Also i'm sure a lot of business will go under now. It makes no sense to reopen bars and then tell people to stay home. If bars are open people will go to them. Pay businesses to stay closed and pay their employees.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #89 on: June 27, 2020, 10:41:55 AM »
Cases are definitely increasing again but no one wants to be told what to do so I doubt anyone will actually stay home. My county is in the Green phase somehow.

Sig by Starscout <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal