collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Flutter Pony/Windy Wing/Summerwing Opinions  (Read 1865 times)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Flutter Pony/Windy Wing/Summerwing Opinions
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2020, 02:39:40 PM »
LAW I used that tutorial for my flutter wings as well (except Custom Virgo, whose wings were a sweet gift from Pink Kittywinks)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Custom Virgo, wearing Pink Kittywinks wings

My used to have flutters were: Rosedust, Lily, Peach Blossom, Wing Song, & Tropical Breeze (so count me as another TB fan lol!!!); while my UTH (you can work it out) Summer Wings were Glow & High Flyer. I never used to have any Windy Wings, but now have all the Flutters & Wingers. When I was younger I made wings for the UTH Flutters using cardboard & aluminium foil like wrapped round sweets & eggs & stuff.

Anyway, I love them as a sub-species of Pony who can't mate wi the regulars. I have a few G3 Breezies, & a few more G4 Breezys as well, & they're related to the Wingers
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2020, 04:36:24 PM »
LAW I used that tutorial for my flutter wings as well (except Custom Virgo, whose wings were a sweet gift from Pink Kittywinks)

My used to have flutters were: Rosedust, Lily, Peach Blossom, Wing Song, & Tropical Breeze (so count me as another TB fan lol!!!); while my UTH (you can work it out) Summer Wings were Glow & High Flyer. I never used to have any Windy Wings, but now have all the Flutters & Wingers. When I was younger I made wings for the UTH Flutters using cardboard & aluminium foil like wrapped round sweets & eggs & stuff.

Anyway, I love them as a sub-species of Pony who can't mate wi the regulars. I have a few G3 Breezies, & a few more G4 Breezys as well, & they're related to the Wingers

Loving those wings!  :lovey:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2020, 05:30:28 PM »

They were lovely by themselves. Pink Kittywinks did herself proud wi those!!! But that particular pair also go really well wi the rest of Virgo's colours!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+153)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2020, 06:11:08 PM »
Love both.....i always loved flutter poniessss...had forget me not , yum yum and lily as a kid...my cousin had flurry and I wanted her so badly....they are all awesome

Offline KottonKandy

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2020, 06:13:08 PM »
Flutters are my number one favourite set! They're just so graceful and dainty looking.   
They were also the first set I completed and I could've fainted one year when my mom gifted me a Hollywood in absolutely perfect condition.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2020, 06:14:24 PM »

They were lovely by themselves. Pink Kittywinks did herself proud wi those!!! But that particular pair also go really well wi the rest of Virgo's colours!!!

They do. Your Virgo is just lovely. Did you do the rest of the zodiac as well?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2020, 10:18:58 PM »

They do. Your Virgo is just lovely. Did you do the rest of the zodiac as well?
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,398541.0.html
As you requested

Offline WaterDraw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Back from the dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2020, 11:51:22 PM »
Tropical Breeze is best flutter.

Just had to share that <3. She was my childhood flutter and maybe the first pony I remember picking out for myself with my fifth birthday money.

Yay for a chance to bring this pic out again:

Childhood one is the one at the front with the superbly frizzy hair. Those are her original wings, but they've been repaired. I wasn't that careful a five year old that they didn't break but I used to slot them between the button and the holder if I wanted her to fly xD.

I have one other not in the picture, when this was taken she was still in London.

I love the wingers, both Summer and Windy, but the Flutters are special somehow. The delicate wings that break almost as soon as you look at them are kind of the draw for me and I have a bunch of them MIB because honestly, that is the best way to display a flutter without feeling like they might fall apart.

All my loose Flutters have wings but only a few have unbroken wings. One of those fell 7ft from a shelf once but somehow didn't break (gasp!) so maybe it's to do with the fluttering that makes them especially delicate.

But even though they were a bit of a faulty design idea, I love the Flutters.

In French they were called Dragonfly ponies, so that's how I see them. Whereas the wingers are butterflies to me.

Oh my, your Tropical Breeze collection is lovely!  :lovey: They're all so stunning.

Ahhh what a pretty custom, those wings are amazing! I commented more on your dedicated thread to your set of these, but long story short they're all amazing  :heart:

Also if anyone else wants to share their flutters/windy wings/summer wings please do post! I'm sure we'd all be excited to see some lovely ponies  :)

Mimic drawn by me~
Inspired by one of the Fluttershy redesigns and The Last Unicorn

Offline Stargaze

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+83)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • MLP Land
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2020, 04:02:10 AM »
Even though I like the bright colors of the windy/summer wings more, I feel more for the flutter ponies, because I only had one as a child (Peach Blossom) and I've always loved her so much. I love the pearly wings and as a kid it was so magical to me  :inlove: I have all the summer/windy wings, 2nd hand, though, and they are all on display and the first thing I see when I enter my ponyroom  :)
For information about G1 + G2 + G3: Visit MLP Land 
~*~ My Wish List ~*~  :rainbow: ~*~ MLP Land Sales Albums ~*~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal