collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Mistakes  (Read 6389 times)

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Mistakes
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2020, 01:53:48 PM »
Tried to remove the hair from Baby Nightsong, well the head broke in my hand; my forceps near enough pinched me.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline munchy

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2020, 06:43:33 PM »
Mine is playlet related and I just discovered it the other day! I had two Dream Castles--one from my childhood and a random one I picked up along the way. A family friend asked if she could buy one for her daughter who was very into ponies at the time, so I grabbed the first one I found in the basement and gave it to her. It was nice bright pink and everything worked perfectly. I just dug the second one out of storage and it is rough! Faded, broken, basically a bait playset. I'm torn because I know for a fact that playset saw a TON of play time and has been very well loved, but I'm still bummed I'll have to upgrade my collection Dream Castle now. Ah well--at least I can still visit the nice one every now and then!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2020, 06:46:38 PM »
It’s not a drastic mistake, but I found for myself a princess royal purple at a shop. Her mane and tail were braided, so I figured I would just unbraid her hair when I washed and cleaned her up.
...yeah, turns out that braid was the only thing keeping her tail together. When I unbraided it, the whole thing just fell apart in my hands. I’m guessing it was some kid with scissors, but it gave me a fright, having pink hair and tinsels falling everywhere.

I don't think anybody could have predicted that. So not your fault.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline PrincessKittyDragon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • All Ponies are Best Pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2020, 12:01:06 PM »
This one is painful and I've actually cried about it multiple times before :sad:

Years ago I found a G3 Styling size Rarity at a garage sale, she had awful hair the frizziest I'd ever seen.
I tried everything, conditioner, fabric softener etc. I ended up trying a flat iron. I melted her hair :<
Back then I was obsessed with customizing so I decided it wasn't a big deal, I took out all her hair and even removed all her paint

She's still in my drawer at my parent's house completely blank. I was younger then around 15 so I didn't really occur to me what I had done. I was pretty dumb.

It still eats me up sometimes but my boyfriend surprised me with one he bought on ebay (she is gorgeous with perfect hair) so now it hurts a little less

I need to get her back someday and actually make something of her

:heart: Instagram is princesskittyowo! :heart:

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2020, 02:50:08 PM »
This one is painful and I've actually cried about it multiple times before :sad:

Years ago I found a G3 Styling size Rarity at a garage sale, she had awful hair the frizziest I'd ever seen.
I tried everything, conditioner, fabric softener etc. I ended up trying a flat iron. I melted her hair :<
Back then I was obsessed with customizing so I decided it wasn't a big deal, I took out all her hair and even removed all her paint

She's still in my drawer at my parent's house completely blank. I was younger then around 15 so I didn't really occur to me what I had done. I was pretty dumb.

It still eats me up sometimes but my boyfriend surprised me with one he bought on ebay (she is gorgeous with perfect hair) so now it hurts a little less

Oh no, that's such a sad story! I have had similar events - just recently, I tried to flat iron a super-frizzy fakie ... yeah, now she has frizzy hair with a big nice MELTED CHUNK near the bottom. I was so upset I put her in a box to deal with later! :lmao: She'll probably just get a nice little mohawk - but lesson learned for sure! Luckily Rarity isn't too rare (ironically), so I hope you feel better now! :hug:
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline PrincessKittyDragon

• Ouchy Roids Pony
  • All Ponies are Best Pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2020, 09:42:20 AM »

Oh no, that's such a sad story! I have had similar events - just recently, I tried to flat iron a super-frizzy fakie ... yeah, now she has frizzy hair with a big nice MELTED CHUNK near the bottom. I was so upset I put her in a box to deal with later! :lmao: She'll probably just get a nice little mohawk - but lesson learned for sure! Luckily Rarity isn't too rare (ironically), so I hope you feel better now! :hug:

Definitely lesson learned! I'm glad she wasn't rare because that would have just felt awful!
Frizzy pony hair is the bane of my existence, my ponies with frizzy hair I'm ashamed to say I kind of put them away too :lol:
I have a G3 Rainbow Flash who's hair is terrible that I still have to figure out

:heart: Instagram is princesskittyowo! :heart:

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2020, 04:49:46 PM »
I tried to sunfade both Confetti AND Gingerbread  :yikes:

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2020, 02:51:17 PM »
Ugh! I accidentally cut into the wrong part of Rosedust's neck a little trying to get her head off.  :facepalm: :really:

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2020, 02:41:05 PM »
I got a Raincurl from the thrift store, nearly perfect except her head was a little yellowed.  After a day and a half in a sunny window, her head is so blindingly white that her body looks discolored now...    >_<

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2020, 03:19:11 PM »
"To remove the fur you need to boil your So Soft pony first!" .... and into the pot you go, Ribbon!! Well... yes, the fur came off.... XD and the bright yellow mane bled into the water and yay, it turned Ribbon into a bright green beauty :lmao: OMG, I can only imagine my face when that happened back then.  :shocked:

"To stop pony cancer from spreading you need to boil your pony!" ... did so. Burned my hand because, well... ponies are hollow. And there will be water INSIDE when you take it out of the boiling water  >_< . Also, no, I will never again use metal (!) pliers to get the pony out of the water and prevent myself from burning my hand. It WILL leave a mark. Poor Baby Tangles, still having that mark on her head 

:rain:

bonus : Got Dainty Dahlia, my first Perfume Puff Pony back then, and... tried to comb her. 50% of her mane broke off.  :shocked: :cry: Dry rot...
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 03:23:02 PM by Einhornbaby »

Offline WaterDraw

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • Back from the dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2020, 01:26:52 PM »
I stored a near mint Twilight in a plastic bin with my Monster High dolls. I don't know what it was in the bin, but something rubbed off on her. Now her blush has a bright red mark on it :( It isn't noticeable from a distance because it's just red on red, but when you get close you can totally see it.

Mimic drawn by me~
Inspired by one of the Fluttershy redesigns and The Last Unicorn

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2020, 04:50:39 AM »
This one still gets me.

I found wild ponies at the thrift store for first time ever! I was so excited I bought them all! One I was most interested in was Flower Bouquet! Still has factory curls, hair was faded but not completely white!
I took them home to give them all a proper cleaning. I even invited a couple friends over to show them what I found. In the middle of me cleaning them my power goes out because of a storm. We all lit small tea candles around the house and a few on the table I was using to clean the ponies.... well... that was huge mistake!
My friend asked if they could look at Flower Bouquet, Sure! Looked at her and placed her next to a candle and lit poor Flower Bouquet's hair on fire! :yikes:
I was so upset I cried lol!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 04:53:39 AM by SpaceButtPonies »

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2020, 09:03:58 AM »
Accidently cut through Tiddlywink's neck plug white try to pry it off due to stubborn glue.

Found a bunch of MLP at a yard sale, took the ponies but left all the accessories because I didn't know what they were. I do now and could cry.

My biggest regret was I saw a MOC G2 Blondie on ebay for like $90 and didn't buy her because I thought she was a fake - I had yet to learn about variants.

Offline Shimmer Mist

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • Also likes transforming plastic robots
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2020, 10:24:35 PM »
When I was just getting back into collecting, I knew very little about restoration and I decided to clean my G1 Sugarberry's whole body with a magic eraser. Thankfully, I didn't scrub too hard but her symbol definitely isn't as crisp as it should be. She's still passable on a shelf but when you look at her up close you can tell. The strawberries look hazy and some of the tiny vines were rubbed off. It bugs me even more knowing that I kept her in pretty great shape for years despite being a pony I played with as a kid.

The second two involve acetone. I was trying to clean off some "eyeshadow" on a well-loved G3 Denim Blue and like a dummy I swiped right over one of her eyes with a q-tip. She was already bait but I was hoping to clean her up as best I could instead of prepping her to be custom fodder. Same for some cheek blush on a G1, don't remember who at the moment. Unfortunately she wasn't as baity as Denim Blue so I regret that one a lot more.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2020, 07:28:48 AM »
This one still gets me.

I found wild ponies at the thrift store for first time ever! I was so excited I bought them all! One I was most interested in was Flower Bouquet! Still has factory curls, hair was faded but not completely white!
I took them home to give them all a proper cleaning. I even invited a couple friends over to show them what I found. In the middle of me cleaning them my power goes out because of a storm. We all lit small tea candles around the house and a few on the table I was using to clean the ponies.... well... that was huge mistake!
My friend asked if they could look at Flower Bouquet, Sure! Looked at her and placed her next to a candle and lit poor Flower Bouquet's hair on fire! :yikes:
I was so upset I cried lol!

Oh no! :hug:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal