collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Packing Tips  (Read 879 times)

Offline KottonKandy

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Pony Packing Tips
« on: April 23, 2020, 11:50:04 AM »
Hello pals, I’m moving to another state soon which means I’m spending a lot of my quarantine time packing. That includes my collection of +/- 300 loose ponies as well as playsets and accessories. I’ve been wrapping them in acid free white tissue and labeling them. I was wondering if anyone here has any pointers for me or cautionary tales.

I’ve been making sure that chartreuse hair isn’t touching their bodies. Are there any other colours that stain bodies that I should be aware of? They’re all going to be packed away into Tupperware rather than boxes. I’m just trying to take as many precautions as possible and would greatly welcome any advice!

Offline SaraMari

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Packing Tips
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 12:32:02 PM »
The chartreuse hair is the one that stains

Most of the horror stories I hear about moving ponies is generally around them getting lost or thrown out, so make sure you yourself move the ponies to your new place. Otherwise it sounds like you have a good system, I'd throw some silica packets in the bins
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: :heart: https://www.instagram.com/moonglowdreams  :heart: :heart:

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2020, 01:41:48 PM »
Silica packets is an excellent tip. Tupperware can trap moisture and may cause mold or an unpleasant smell.
If your ponies get squished, pouring some hot to boiling water should help un-squish them.
I remember hearing about some G3 ponies turning sticky after being stored in plastic containers, but I think time is a large factor in this.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2020, 03:11:38 PM »
Keep a checklist with every toy on it so you know who you have and who might be missing.

Keep special requirement ponies in their own separate things. I.e ponies with 3D symbols, special customs with moulded on clay, ponies going through plasticizer leech etc.

Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline KottonKandy

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2020, 06:39:16 AM »
In my job, I’ve seen the horrors of what moving companies do to belongings, so I’m 100% doing the moving myself. It’s not cross country or anything, just about 8-10 hr drive.

I love the silica idea! I can’t believe I hadn’t thought of that, I’ll definitely be using that idea and definitely gonna keep a list of who is in what bin and such.
Thanks for all the input!

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2020, 04:36:16 AM »
If they’re going to be packed for awhile, I would put some folded tissue paper between their legs to help them keep their shape. Easier than trying to fix wonky legs later on. Otherwise everything above sounds good.

Elf

Offline KottonKandy

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2020, 12:09:57 PM »
Ya, I’m gonna allow ample room and not squish them so hopefully that’ll prevent any warping. I’m wondering how best to pack away the wingers and SHS with earrings. Maybe just make sure they’re towards the top of bins?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal