collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What would the 40th anniversary of the franchise mean to you?  (Read 3636 times)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: What would the 40th anniversary of the franchise mean to you?
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2020, 11:33:39 PM »
35th never made sense let alone 40th actually.

But right now I guess it would mean to me all of us safely coming through the current crisis and being here to share it.

The only thing they really did for the 35th was start the Basic Fun ponies. I imagine for the 40th it would be something low key like marking it on the Basic Fun ponies. If they really wanted to do something special maybe some glitterized versions of the collector's ponies with tinsel hair.

*groans* That would be aggravating.

I think it would be nice to have something different. I really liked the Stranger Things Applejack that came out last year.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2020, 02:59:17 AM »
I'm not really looking forwards to it, because I know that the 40th anniversary will celebrate all 40 years of it, which means it will also include G4 and G5, which I'm not exactly fond of...
....wait, are they...are they not supposed to? I’m very confused.
I'm just saying that I don't like G4 and G5 so I'm not interested in something that features them.
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2020, 07:21:32 AM »

But right now I guess it would mean to me all of us safely coming through the current crisis and being here to share it.

The only thing they really did for the 35th was start the Basic Fun ponies. I imagine for the 40th it would be something low key like marking it on the Basic Fun ponies. If they really wanted to do something special maybe some glitterized versions of the collector's ponies with tinsel hair.

I think it would be nice to have something different. I really liked the Stranger Things Applejack that came out last year.

I'm saying I want them to move away from the first couple years.

I'm not really looking forwards to it, because I know that the 40th anniversary will celebrate all 40 years of it, which means it will also include G4 and G5, which I'm not exactly fond of...
....wait, are they...are they not supposed to? I’m very confused.
I'm just saying that I don't like G4 and G5 so I'm not interested in something that features them.

No they won't, that's half the problem. They don't celebrate squat and other companies hafta do it for them. They gave us precious little of what made G3 such a great and expansive gen and tried to tie its identity down to 4 ponies that got revamped for G4. The only G2 that got a shout-out was McDonalds retro Light Heart.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 07:24:55 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2020, 10:28:20 AM »

I'm saying I want them to move away from the first couple years.

Oh I agree with that. But I do think that they would probably want to call back to the original ones for an anniversary release. I'd personally like them to do both later years stuff and new versions of previously released ponies.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2020, 01:04:07 PM »
What would the 40th anniversary of the franchise mean to you?

That I'm old.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal