collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What would the 40th anniversary of the franchise mean to you?  (Read 3672 times)

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
Re: What would the 40th anniversary of the franchise mean to you?
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2020, 04:52:09 PM »
Personally, I feel 50 should be the big anniversary. They could do a re-release of the My Pretty Pony I suppose. Really get back to it’s original roots.

I agree, I think they should wait until the 50th
As much as I want my hands on a my pretty pony...it would be better to wait. I second the motion!
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2020, 02:42:31 AM »
This is nuts for me to think about. I so vividly remember going to the store to get the 25th anniversary ponies, it really feels like it was just a couple years ago to me! 40 is impressive, but I agree with the others who say we should wait for the 50th anniversary to go all out. :) That’s a huge milestone and I’m sure Hasbro will want to celebrate it somehow! The basic fun ponies have given me my G1 fix for now!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2020, 06:54:09 AM »
It means that I'm old.  :yikes:

I personally consider the anniversary to be 1982 because that's the earliest date I have seen hoof-stamps within my collection.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2020, 09:01:39 AM »
For the next anniversary they should finally start acknowledging all generations and really pander to my old farty self :P
No Mane Six retro anything. Show off what the franchise looked like throughout the years -- and not in a quasi-parody youtube video but officially on all their Social Media channels.

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2020, 10:51:04 PM »
This is nuts for me to think about. I so vividly remember going to the store to get the 25th anniversary ponies, it really feels like it was just a couple years ago to me! 40 is impressive, but I agree with the others who say we should wait for the 50th anniversary to go all out. :) That’s a huge milestone and I’m sure Hasbro will want to celebrate it somehow! The basic fun ponies have given me my G1 fix for now!
I get that Hasbro might want to wait until til the big 50 (if they do anything For it at all) but what about the generational fan base? I wonder if there are any pony fans that are going to do anything big to celebrate the 40 anniversary.

Post Merge: April 24, 2020, 11:17:12 PM

Even as someone who experienced the MLP franchise from the very beginning, I don't have a stake in exactly when the anniversary is declared but I do certainly hope they will celebrate it officially in some way.  I'd love to see Hasbro really hype it up!  I can't really imagine what they'd do though.  Maybe a special release of a repro classic playset since we already have the original ponies by Basic Fun?  I also wouldn't mind seeing a whole big line of retro-styled merch, personally.
I can’t imagine anyone who wouldn’t consider MPP as part of the MLP franchise. I wasn’t around at its start, so personally, I would love to know if anyone was (and what month is was released on), of if it has a date under their hoof, so that I can have an accurate frame of reference thank just spitballing the anniversary as “some month in 2021”. I know others may not really consider MPP’s release to have any impact on the MLP anniversary, but this is just my own subjective thought on it.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 11:17:12 PM by Mana Minori »
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline Wardah

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2020, 05:21:46 AM »
35th never made sense let alone 40th actually.

But right now I guess it would mean to me all of us safely coming through the current crisis and being here to share it.

The only thing they really did for the 35th was start the Basic Fun ponies. I imagine for the 40th it would be something low key like marking it on the Basic Fun ponies. If they really wanted to do something special maybe some glitterized versions of the collector's ponies with tinsel hair.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline SaraMari

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2020, 07:05:05 AM »
Very true point Wardah, Hasbro didn't do anything. And honestly I feel like the "35th anniversary" on the first few Basic Fun ponies was just for marketing more so than celebrating

Transformers got a deluxe full series DVD box set and new figures for the 25th, 4k remastered movie release, a comic book compendium, new figures etc for their 30th anniversary.Then new deco'ed figures and surprise boxes for all the influencers for the 35th. MLP just doesn't seem to get the same treatment

Well I hope they do something, like at least 1 figure or comic or shirt. But I hope the 50th will be something huge and special so I can enjoy some cool stuff in my twilight years haha

:heart: :heart: https://www.instagram.com/moonglowdreams  :heart: :heart:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2020, 08:14:27 AM »
Something "new" that's what I would like to see. Perhaps something that should have been but wasn't...an actual release on a prototype or maybe even a mix up of some ponies in different poses? So Applejack like Skippity Doo and Bow Tie like Posey...that kind of thing :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2020, 08:38:09 AM »
It wouldn't really mean anything to me. My sweet spot memory for the franchise was the later years of G1. Nothing is ever done to celebrate those ponies. It's always the early years.

But I would like to see tasteful merchandise that I could use within the house, and didn't feel like a kid product. I don't think an anniversary is needed to make that though.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2020, 09:09:03 AM »
It wouldn't really mean anything to me. My sweet spot memory for the franchise was the later years of G1. Nothing is ever done to celebrate those ponies. It's always the early years.

But I would like to see tasteful merchandise that I could use within the house, and didn't feel like a kid product. I don't think an anniversary is needed to make that though.
Tea towels!!!!  :D 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2020, 09:09:31 AM »
I'm not really looking forwards to it, because I know that the 40th anniversary will celebrate all 40 years of it, which means it will also include G4 and G5, which I'm not exactly fond of...
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Sugarberry

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2020, 08:41:47 AM »
40 years of mostly happy memories.   ^.^
For me, it is as Taffeta mentioned, 1982.  It was my birthday in November that year when I got my first pony.  Since then, pony series has brought many friends, taken my mother and I across the US, over to France, England and Scotland too.  Countless hours trading, searching flea markets and resale shops have passed.  Many of my ponies are priceless and treasured gifts from family members and friends now gone.  Different gens don’t bother me.  I have favorites, but I love them all- save Pony life, which jury is still out on due to the commercial song choice and animation style.  The toys are okay.
I’m hoping to get a little local friend-style group together a few times a year, starting next year, but with my parents being 89, and 88 now, and Illinois being horrid, I have to wait and see what time brings.

What is happening is a complete house and collection room tidy... dusting and cleaning.  There are far worse ways to be quarantined than with a pony collection!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2020, 10:09:50 AM »
35th never made sense let alone 40th actually.

But right now I guess it would mean to me all of us safely coming through the current crisis and being here to share it.

The only thing they really did for the 35th was start the Basic Fun ponies. I imagine for the 40th it would be something low key like marking it on the Basic Fun ponies. If they really wanted to do something special maybe some glitterized versions of the collector's ponies with tinsel hair.

*groans* That would be aggravating.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline caseysealia

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2020, 10:18:58 AM »
I'm not really looking forwards to it, because I know that the 40th anniversary will celebrate all 40 years of it, which means it will also include G4 and G5, which I'm not exactly fond of...
Same..

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2020, 04:47:42 PM »
....wait, are they...are they not supposed to? I’m very confused.
formerly nightmare muffin

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal