collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Mane Six redesigns, plus jabbering on about my own generation  (Read 2423 times)

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
I'm unsure if anybody remembers when I posted a handful of winger pony designs, it was quite a while back, related to the pony universe I have in my head. You know, for the event that Hasbro doesn't hire me to make G5 or even G6, lol! You can read more on that here!
Originally, I had an idea for seven new "main" characters for the story to center on. And then, I thought about using these versions of the mane six. I like them quite a bit, but I'm not for sure I want there to be main characters, yeah? At least not in the way that FiM/core 7 etc has them.

Anyway, regardless if I do that or not, I want to share these gals anyway because I'm just still super proud of them and I hope they put a smile on somebody's face in such a difficult time! :heart: Lemme know what you think and anything I can do to add onto these characters, or the world I'm building!

Earthlings
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Applejack's personality is closer to her very first iteration in my universe; she's soft spoken, a little shy and can be an anxious thing. She's far from clumsy though, in fact she's the main breadwinner in her family, as she runs both the Sweet Apple Acres ranch and cares for Granny Smith, disabled older brother Big Macintosh and little sister Apple Bloom. Although she's spectacular at her job, she prefers to stay indoors and bake her ribbon-earning apple desserts for her family and friends!

Twilight studies astrology and physics at Equestria's leading online university, whose headquarters is in Canterlot and is owned by Principal Celestia. She's often seen at the town's cafe studying or doing her work, and will happily infodump at you about what she knows about her field of work! Also has a big gay puppy love crush on her principal, she's quite shy about it but she's not good at hiding it lol.

Pegasi

Pinkie Pie is an entertainer for a variety of things! Weddings, birthday parties, bar mitzvahs, basically any event of the sort. Her favorite thing in the world is to work with foals, and oftentimes, she volunteers her services to the local hospital and nursing home to put a smile on the faces of the sick and elderly. Also, she's got fluffy hooves like AJ, because in my universe they are cousins.

Rainbow Dash is an employee at the Rainbow Factory - no not THAT one - she makes rainbows by gathering clouds from the sky, and stuffing them into a machine along with different kinds of dye that make them into rainbows. Such a task is more important than it sounds in this world, for if there are no rainbows in the sky, the ponies become depressed and cease to do anything at all but lay around and mope. Their physical energy is tied to the atmosphere around them after all, and rainbows provide the energy they need to keep on living! She's still a jock type, although her ego is toned down, and does different sports for fun in her free time. Sometimes she even volunteers to coach the foal's baseball team as well. And, she has a crush on Rarity, similar to Spike in FiM, don't tell anyone!

Unicrons

Fluttershy's the mom friend of the group. When somebody has a problem, or just is in a bad mood, they come to her cottage for tea and to talk it out. She's a good advice giver, luckily, and always is happy to help her friends. She's a wildlife rehabilitation expert- meaning, when a creature is injured, sick or abandoned, she will nurse them back to health and teach them to survive in the wild before releasing them back home. In the event that an animal is unable to be released, such as due to disability, she will care for them herself in her wildlife sanctuary. This is possible due to her legally owning most of the untouched land surrounding her cottage- and so it allows her to build large enclosures for these animals to live, with plenty of enrichment and everything they need to be happy and healthy. Blossom and Pearl, who care for the town's foals and also serve as an educational facility of sorts, often take their "class" to visit her sanctuary to learn about the different critters that she cares for, and what to do if they see one in the wild. Fluttershy likes to emphasize a "hooves off" rule in which they understand that they're all still wild, and are not appropriate pets, and should not be treated as such. It's a good trade off.

Rarity collects gemstones and precious metals of all sorts, and has a large home in which she displays her vast collection. Halls of sparkling stones make up her not so humble abode, with plaques shining silver and gold providing information on each one. Ponies who find such things come to her for appraisal, and she's often happy to either purchase them off their hooves or give advice on starting their own collections. Luckily, she also provides sunglasses for anybody who wants to come and view her collection. She also has custody of her little sister Sweetie Belle, as their parents are no longer around, and is a doting loving older sister who'd do anything for her sis.
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Mane Six redesigns, plus jabbering on about my own generation
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 06:18:14 PM »
I always like the Floating Eyebrow look. It reminds me of childhood illustrations. I also like how horsey your drawings are and how you do their hair and expressions.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2020, 11:07:34 PM »
These are adorable!!! I'n especially fond of the bi-coloured pink in Pinky's mane!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Griffin

• Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2020, 12:02:08 AM »
I've said this before but I always love how expressive your ponies are! And it's not only the facial expressions but also their body language, the poses are very dynamic. Fluttershy is my favourite for this reason. ^.^ But they are all great, I think your choices for each species make a lot of sense! And you've come up with some neat details, I love Rainbow Dash's rainbow wings. :heart:

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2020, 08:19:59 AM »
I love that you remembered that ponies have big round noses with nostrils!  :D 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2020, 01:20:14 PM »
Thank you so much everybody! You've no idea how much your praise means to me, especially because I'm not so well known and so struggle getting even 10 notes on my art tumblr lol much less commissions and such.

I love that you remembered that ponies have big round noses with nostrils!  :D

This too. I may not remember much but at least I remember what a horse is...something a toy company can't do? Hmm.
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal