collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: German Baby Cotton Candy (Baby Karamell)?  (Read 2070 times)

Offline Ossie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
    • MLP Merch
German Baby Cotton Candy (Baby Karamell)?
« on: April 13, 2020, 01:42:04 AM »
Hey all,

While browsing several nirvana topics and the wiki, I noticed that the backcard of the German babies includes a Baby Cotton Candy (named Baby Karamell): http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/File:Baby_cherries_jubilee_MOC_back_card.jpg

However, on the wiki there is no other mention of this German variant, and I can't seem to find any images of her. The only other thing I can find is a mention of her on Strawberry Reef, without a photo: https://www.strawberryreef.com/Index/G1/Country/germany.html

Does anyone know if was she skipped in this German set, or is she simply the exact same as the regular release? I got really curious now :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

MLP Merch Blog | MLP Merch Databases

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
Re: German Baby Cotton Candy (Baby Karamell)?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 08:03:55 AM »
The only real difference, from what I remember, is she is missing her Pat Pend hoof stamp

Taffeta's site has some great information on the Euro releases

http://www.etherella.com/scrapbook2/germany_babyponies.htm

Here she is carded from the nirvana gallery

Love pkw xxx

RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Ossie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
    • MLP Merch
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2020, 12:42:24 PM »
Ah that clears it up, thanks for that!  ^.^ And totally forgot that the Scrapbook has a section for German ponies too, lol  :biggrin:

MLP Merch Blog | MLP Merch Databases

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2020, 06:16:10 AM »
I am happy to help :)

Yes, I love Taffeta's site, it is very useful and has lots of cool information on, it is always my first stop for UK and Euro information :bigups:

Love pkw xxx

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2020, 09:45:33 AM »
Ah that clears it up, thanks for that!  ^.^ And totally forgot that the Scrapbook has a section for German ponies too, lol  :biggrin:

One thing I want to do going forward, depending on a lot of factors, is make that more integrated into the main area so that it's more obviously there where people can find it. COnstructive feedback noted.

Also PKW's knowledge here is better than mine. I've never had a Baby Karamell come through my hands (confirmed as BK) so I did not know about the pat pend (although the year release makes sense). It's all a bit murky given the other carded PACS babies across Europe as well.

Also, please do not use Strawberry Reef as a G1 resource. Please don't use it AT ALL for European ponies, ever. Nor Nirvanas. It has its purpose, especially as a G3 site, but I have repeatedly mentioned this and will continue to do so until it takes effect...

Using a site because it's popular even if it's not accurate is like reposting fake news because it has a lot of likes, only in a pony context.

The information is outdated and suspect, and the site is no longer being updated, so suspect data cannot and will not be corrected. SR has not been corrected in about ten years and some of its information, especially about European regions and releases is grossly inaccurate.

It genuinely should not be used by anyone for G1, not even if its pictures are very pretty. But certainly NOT for European information. It is not a viable resource.

Wiki is also questionable when it comes to international stuff but is preferable.

I keep pushing this but it's very important. Sites that use the DV system of 'years' to classify ponies are usually not accurate resources for MLP outside of the UK. The Wiki is the best of the existing bunch, but it should still be used in context with other sites (as should anything).

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2020, 12:37:31 PM »

Also PKW's knowledge here is better than mine. I've never had a Baby Karamell come through my hands (confirmed as BK) so I did not know about the pat pend (although the year release makes sense). It's all a bit murky given the other carded PACS babies across Europe as well.

:blush: :blush: :blush:

I have only seen one that was loose which could be confirmed to be Baby karamell (the lack of a PAT PEND stamp in itself isn't a guarantee). This is why I ONLY have the MOC Baby Karamell in the nirvana gallery, as she is carded there is no question there who she is :P :bigups:

It does take some untangling to get your head around all the varying carded/boxed releases and versions of the Play and Care babies. It is something I am going to have to think about on my next nirvana gallery update :P I know they aren't "nirvana" but I want to include them so the information is readily and easily available for people to find and read :bigups: and for me to refresh my memory :blush:

Strawberry Reef hasn't been updated in a very long time :(

Love pkw xxx

Offline Leikin

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2020, 01:46:54 AM »
Is it positive that all baby Karamell are lacking the pat pend  stamp? I mean, I'm not sure here, but I think I remember others from the set have pat pend, so why should she be the one that had got it removed? I would guess if the others exist both with and without the PP stamp, then she does too.   

Also, I assume she was sold with the other regular carded babies (Firefly etc) in Germany as well, are there any differences between these two?
Wanted: MOC Geman baby Lemon Drop, MIB baby Lemon Drop with purple stroller, MOC Rainbow Confetti, MOC Euro(NSS) Buttons, ,  and UK carded rainbow ponies.
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,391446.0.html
Follow me and my Collection at https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2020, 03:09:57 AM »
Is it positive that all baby Karamell are lacking the pat pend  stamp? I mean, I'm not sure here, but I think I remember others from the set have pat pend, so why should she be the one that had got it removed? I would guess if the others exist both with and without the PP stamp, then she does too.   

Also, I assume she was sold with the other regular carded babies (Firefly etc) in Germany as well, are there any differences between these two?

I can check the four that are exclusively to that set, but it's a good point. Their release year is 1987 (I have the card and the promo booklet so I am certain about that), and that is around that time where things change from Pat Pend to not (thinking of the big brothers) so it's possible that not all do.

And that some of them are just leftovers from previous issues. It's my theory that that's why there are some movie star buttons with the SS symbol here in the UK, that they're probably leftovers who never got flocked.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2020, 05:46:37 AM »

The PAT PEND stamp thing is why I only have the carded version in the gallery. Sadly, I have lost the information (along with the nirvana gallery) about her as to whether or not she had a PAT PEND stamp or not. I will have a dig about and seeing if I can find it or ask the owner of the picture.

It is always worth remembering that after 1987ish ALL ponies lack a PAT PEND stamp since the patient had been granted for MLP by the stage. You get a whole mix of hoof stamps around this time thinking of the Big Brother's, Princesses, Loving Family Ponies :faint: it is all rather confusing.

Here are a couple of images from my archive of German stuff, I am not sure who these images belong to unfortunately.

Love pkw xxx

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2020, 06:01:23 AM »
My five others are all missing pat pend. Buttons etc I mean. All other pacs type babies have it but not the four painted symbol ones.

The second insert image suggests they may have trespassed into 1988 as well as those insert designs crossed over 87 to 88.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 06:04:15 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2020, 11:04:33 AM »
Trespassed :lmao: that is the perfect way to describe it!

Here is an advert from the comic, no Baby Karamell though......

From what I have found the "German releases" were available a little later for some reason, for example the Princesses and the Daddies. Not by much, but enough to affect the hoof stamps.

I am thinking now either Baby CC was super popular, so Hasbro kept re-releasing her OR she didn't sell so they kept repackaging her and sending her back out to try again.

Love pkw xxx

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2020, 12:25:58 PM »
Adventure boys here were also 1988.

But that is off topic ;)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leikin

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2020, 08:15:12 AM »
My Honeycomb, CJ and Hopscotch have a faint pat pend mark, looking like they had tried to cover it up. I have a Cotton Candy with the same faint marks as well, that was sold to me as german a long time ago. My Buttons dont have any pat pend stamp at all, no trace of it and the hoof is compleetly smooth.
So I would belive both exists. Unfortunately I dont have baby Lemon Drop at hand to compare.  She houses in one of my other Collections  :lol:
Wanted: MOC Geman baby Lemon Drop, MIB baby Lemon Drop with purple stroller, MOC Rainbow Confetti, MOC Euro(NSS) Buttons, ,  and UK carded rainbow ponies.
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,391446.0.html
Follow me and my Collection at https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2020, 07:23:56 AM »
My Honeycomb, CJ and Hopscotch have a faint pat pend mark, looking like they had tried to cover it up. I have a Cotton Candy with the same faint marks as well, that was sold to me as german a long time ago. My Buttons dont have any pat pend stamp at all, no trace of it and the hoof is compleetly smooth.
So I would belive both exists. Unfortunately I dont have baby Lemon Drop at hand to compare.  She houses in one of my other Collections  :lol:

Yes, my Baby CJ and Honeycomb have a faintish mark too, so did my Baby Hopscotch (I have since sold her).

Love pkw xxx

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal