collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: anyone make replica tails?  (Read 678 times)

Offline tornadoe

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
anyone make replica tails?
« on: April 11, 2020, 05:47:43 AM »
My daddy galexy is nearly finished but needs a tail. As the tail is made of four colours I am a tad apprihensive about making it but I won't take another from a donor pony unless that pony is being customized.

Which got me thinking... has anyone considered setting up a business that makes replica mlp tails for customizers or restorers?

It would save a lot of people a lot of time.

PS if you have a galexy tail going spare Then I would love to buy it from you.
Let your heart guide you. It whispers so listen cloesly..

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: anyone make replica tails?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2020, 10:53:33 AM »
I think the biggest problem is- that the cost of nylon is so high- + shipping nylon to crafter, and then a bit of labor to turn the pony tail into a clip, and then ship out to you-  well, you could kinda already do that just by ordering from one of the hair people.

The cost of adding a "middle man" would mean the tail would be more like $10 and in that case, many would prefer to just find a donor tail on ebay.

The other problem is that matching is pretty hard- even though most of the hair sites have suggested matches, it is far from a perfect system and as you know, a lot of the hair can fade a bit-  and there are also some natural variations between nylon batches-  so without having the actual pony in front of you along with the actual hair-  it would be impossible to match perfectly. 

Thinking about it - it might actually just be easier to see if RestoreDoll would accept you mailing your pony right to her, for a perfect match.  I wonder if she'd do that?  Probably too busy but it's worth a shot...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal