collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: ***MLP Arena Spring Colouring Competition! - closed for entries***  (Read 5239 times)

Offline ColoringContest

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
:glitter: My Little Pony Arena :glitter:
Spring Colouring Competition

:bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

Welcome to our Spring Colouring Competition!
We have two fun, indoorsy activities to choose from – of course, you can enter both divisions if you like!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Division 1 – Lineart
Our talented Shaiyeh has created this beautiful lineart for you to colour! You can use any medium you like to colour your work – traditional, digital, even mixed media. This division is for original, new designs only, that means no Hasbro ponies or personas are allowed. Let your imagination run wild! You may add symbols or markings but no altering the lineart, please.

Download the file here: Link

Division 2 – Painted Eggs
Paint your own pony themed egg! You may use real eggs or anything roughly egg-shaped as your base, the only requirement is that it features at least one handdrawn or painted pony. All ponies are welcome, Hasbro ponies and OCs included.

Please read the directions carefully:
  • You must be an active Arena member to enter. By active we mean that you have recent posts and are not here only for the contest. Active newbies are welcome to enter, of course!
  • All entries are to be PMed to ColoringContest. If you have issues hosting your photos privately, entries can also be emailed – please PM the contest account for instructions.
  • The title of your message must state which division your entry is for.
  • You may enter both divisions but only ONE entry per division.
  • Do not upload your entry online for public view till after the winners are announced. This is to make sure that all entries stay anonymous for judging. After the judging you are free to start a thread to show off your work, or post it to any other websites you like.

Deadline
All entries are due by 30 April, 5 p.m. EDT (9 p.m. UTC)

Judging
The winners of the competition will be chosen by YOU the members! Keep an eye out for a voting thread after the deadline. The entries will be posted anonymously and all Arena members are eligible to vote.

Prizes!
The lucky winners of each division will get to choose from a digital commission piece or an online gift card!

The contest starts NOW! Get working and have fun!  :sunny:
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 05:43:12 AM by ColoringContest »

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
Re: ***MLP Arena Spring Colouring Competition***
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2020, 11:30:10 AM »
Ooh, another coloring contest! I didn't get to participate in the Halloween one, hopefully I can do this one :) I'm confused though - for the lineart division, can we not color the ponies in as Hasbro ponies?

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2020, 01:01:42 PM »
I’m going to participate in the line art

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline ColoringContest

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2020, 01:28:41 PM »
Ooh, another coloring contest! I didn't get to participate in the Halloween one, hopefully I can do this one :) I'm confused though - for the lineart division, can we not color the ponies in as Hasbro ponies?

That's right, no (recognizable) Hasbro ponies! This doesn't mean that you need to think of something totally different, there are only so many colour combos after all. So feel free to use even the most common pony colours if you like! And Hasbro inspiration is fine. Just no Hasbro symbols please (if you draw any), and no iconic hair and body combos matching the species. To give some concrete examples, when no symbols are visible:
- Gusty's colours would be fine, since none of the ponies pictured are unicorns.
- Bowtie's colours and white freckles would not be allowed, unless you add something that makes the pony sufficiently different, such as a third colour, or unique markings, or at least a noticeably different eye colour.

There's a reason behind this rule and it's quite simple: to make sure the contest is about creativity, not only technical skill! :)

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2020, 01:34:21 PM »

That's right, no (recognizable) Hasbro ponies! This doesn't mean that you need to think of something totally different, there are only so many colour combos after all. So feel free to use even the most common pony colours if you like! And Hasbro inspiration is fine. Just no Hasbro symbols please (if you draw any), and no iconic hair and body combos matching the species. To give some concrete examples, when no symbols are visible:
- Gusty's colours would be fine, since none of the ponies pictured are unicorns.
- Bowtie's colours and white freckles would not be allowed, unless you add something that makes the pony sufficiently different, such as a third colour, or unique markings, or at least a noticeably different eye colour.

There's a reason behind this rule and it's quite simple: to make sure the contest is about creativity, not only technical skill! :)
Ah, that makes sense! Thanks for explaining it :D I'll get started today!

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2020, 01:59:37 PM »
Shame the line-art's earth Ponies. Were they unicorns I know EXACTLY who I'd have made this family!!! Oh well...

Using my own (not based on Hasbro) Customs in this: future OC persona Bookworm, yet to be Customised Taurus, & recently Customised Chocolate Bunny. No symbols added & only sealed lines to allow colouring in digitally. (Windows Paint)
I hope it's ok???

Doubt I'll win though lol
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 04:57:01 PM by Ponybookworm »
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline freezestime

• Forever and Always the Prom Queen
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2020, 12:52:46 AM »
So would characters like Bootsie and Cuddles be off limits?
Freezestime's Masterlist! https://bit.ly/3x1te5n
Dedicated G2 thread! https://bit.ly/3vIIJhL
Dedicated G2 V2.0 thread! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,403447.msg1880080/topicseen.html#new
Forgotten Toy lines! [urlhttps://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=395090.150[/url]

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2020, 01:30:53 AM »
Count me in! I’m working on coloring right now and I wanted to jump in and say Shaiyeh, you did an awesome job on the line art! It’s so crisp and smooth, I’m having a blast coloring it in! :)

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Griffin

• Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2020, 01:49:36 AM »
Shame the line-art's earth Ponies. Were they unicorns I know EXACTLY who I'd have made this family!!! Oh well...

Using my own (not based on Hasbro) Customs in this: future OC persona Bookworm, yet to be Customised Taurus, & recently Customised Chocolate Bunny. No symbols added & only sealed lines to allow colouring in digitally. (Windows Paint)
I hope it's ok???

You did a great job but please read the competition rules carefully :) All entries are to be PM'd to ColoringContest and must stay anonymous for judging. Unfortunately we can't accept this entry anymore since it was posted here for everyone to see. I hope you'll find the time to make another, though!

So would characters like Bootsie and Cuddles be off limits?

Yes they would, if they can be recognised from the image.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 01:52:44 AM by Griffin »

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline AnnaPommes

• glow-in-the-dark pony
  • Trade Count: (+62)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pommes cute things
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2020, 02:06:41 AM »
what amazing Lineart Shai made! *o*
Both contests are amazing, i hope to find time to color the lines, even if it is not for the contest. ^^ to bad i have no acess to a laser printer, printing with ink will make the lines wash away with water. u.u
~ Visit the Pommes-shop ~
www.etsy.com/shop/AnnagretStudio With usefull artprints, cute decor, stationery and crafting kits!
Or linktree with more fancy things!
wonderfull avatar by the lovely Shaiyeh!

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2020, 12:09:36 PM »

I hope it's ok???

You did a great job but please read the competition rules carefully :) All entries are to be PM'd to ColoringContest and must stay anonymous for judging. Unfortunately we can't accept this entry anymore since it was posted here for everyone to see. I hope you'll find the time to make another, though!
Sorry about that
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2020, 12:49:33 PM »
Oh this looks fun!  I'm definitely going to participate   :art:
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2020, 03:50:54 PM »
I started but Photoshop crashed, boo.
This picture is so cute though! I work on Easter otherwise I would love to paint an egg...maybe I'll do it regardless as the week goes on. We use so many eggs for baking now that we're stuck in the house.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2020, 05:47:26 PM »
Did it right this time, chose different Custom Ponies

Offline Twizel

• Switchblade Kitten
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • This crown gives me a feeling of power! POWER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2020, 08:37:44 AM »
This looks like fun, I won't get to it today, but I'll start working on something soon :) Lots of time in quarantine... :p

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal