collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How do you display your collection?  (Read 1123 times)

Offline starstrider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pony pride!
    • View Profile
How do you display your collection?
« on: April 09, 2020, 08:48:43 AM »
How do you like to display or arrange your ponies? Do you go by generation, year of release, by set, by pose, or by colour? Do you have a preferred order, or are they all mixed up randomly?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MerryAnvil

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • The Resident Blacksmith Pony
    • View Profile
    • Jordan's Pony Corner
Re: How do you display your collection?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2020, 09:07:30 AM »
For me, I kind of display each generation differently, since they're all on separate shelves. My G1s are arranged by year/set with the exception of my repros and Nirvanas which are all on display in a glass cabinet above my desk, my G2s are currently just all randomly displayed on one shelf (I don't really have enough of them yet to organize them), my G3s and G3.5s are by pose (again with the exception of my Rosey Posey, who is on display with my sister's in a glass cabinet as well). My Ponyvilles share a shelf with my G3.5's, and as I have the roller coaster playset thingy, I have them set up in a scene around it. My G4 brushables, plushies, etc. are by character (Mane 6) or set (Non-Mane 6). So I have all the Applejacks in a line, all the Pinkies (good lord all the Pinkies), and then for the non-Mane 6, I have all the pearlies together, etc. My blind bags are currently all in a box as I have yet to get a better shelving system for them but I had them organized by pose and color on their last shelf, and I plan to do that again.

Currently all my Funkos and GoH figurines are set up on/around the airship that I found at a thrift store! I'd love to hang it up with fishing line from the ceiling like I've done with the G4 helicopter I have. All McDonalds/fast food ponies, regardless of generation, are in a metal tub next to my desk. I just have far too many of them to display properly.

As for my customs, I have them up on my sword shelf, which is actually just the topmost shelf of my G1 display. That's where I keep my custom katana I purchased from another local sword collector, as well as my knife collection, and a few neat antique knick-knacks I've picked up over the years.

Avatar by Shaiyeh, sig by SquarePeg! <3 Check out my pony website here!

Offline PinkieLopBun

• Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2020, 09:10:25 AM »
I have one shelf that I use for just pre-G4 ponies, but other than that, I just put them where I have room.
Follow me on Twitter and Tumblr.

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2020, 12:13:51 PM »
They tend to mix a bit, though some types stay together. I love putting Ponies in playsets, so some of them are in the cafe, some in the Custom Caffe, some in the ice-cream van etc. As many of the pegasi as I can fit together sit together, same wi the unicorns. Some G1s have added to the Butterfly Island area (the Sunbrights & Good Weather of course), the Dream Castle is mostly royals (FF Butterscotch is Head Pony & Mirror-Mirror is in charge of the magic mirror), the ice-cream shop is all Sundae Bests, while the long-haired G1s live in Fifi's Salon.
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2020, 12:18:22 PM »
My collection is pretty small, about 30 ponies, so I don't have enough to display by pose or color or set. I have some risers, and organize the rows by year (kind of). Two rows are the first two years, and one row is the rest, lol.

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2020, 12:45:57 PM »
The G4s mostly stick together (not sure how that happened), and I do put families (official and otherwise) together, otherwise it's really just wherever they'll fit. XD I like how mixed collections look, and I collect too many things to segregate them all anyway. Although most of my collections are in storage at the moment, sigh...

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2020, 02:46:05 PM »
By the date of obtaining them, so for now it's Fizzy, Wind Whister, Heart Throb and Gusty.
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline SaraMari

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2020, 03:44:09 PM »
By generation, then for G1 by set. other than that it's a free for all!

:heart: :heart: https://www.instagram.com/moonglowdreams  :heart: :heart:

Offline IceCrystal02

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2020, 03:50:12 PM »
By generation (which is just G1 and G3 in my case), then by year of release. Just the only adult sea pony I own breaks ranks, as her shell uses a lot of space, so she's together with the last G1 and the Baby Sea Ponies.  ;)

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2020, 06:53:09 PM »
By generation, and that's pretty much it. Otherwise they go where they fit/look good! But I do try to keep "friends" and families together or at least nearby. (I try to keep all the babies at the front so they're visible so the mom's kinda linger as close as they can fit)

I do need to get/make risers someday for them. They all look so smooshed.

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2020, 06:52:25 AM »
We're in the midst of a basement remodel right now, and eventually I'd like to set up space for them in an office/hobby room if we can spare the space, but right now they live in my bathroom linen closet. It's really big and deep, and I have the Lullaby Nursery set up in there with a scene set up in and around it. I only have about 40 ponies here at my house currently; I had taken a bunch over to my mom's house along with Paradise Estate, Baby Bonnet dance school, and my other nursery to store them safely during our remodel and now they are stuck there during our COVID isolation for a while...I miss them :wail:

My husband started expressing some mild irritation at not being able to access some things in the linen closet due to ponies taking over, so I had to compress them all into one half of a shelf, although as I have been giving them spa days, they are slowly infiltrating the next shelf up as I set them apart from the others to dry... :angel:

Offline Ribbs

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • My music
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2020, 08:30:00 PM »
I have a couple small shelving units and a long fold-out table that holds the Paradise Estate spread with ponies lined up inside. The earlier ponies are displayed in Dream Castle and the babies in the Nursery. I display my ponies in the playsets mostly, with my MIP stuff on its own shelf. The ponies take up 2 of the walls in my room with a couple random pony displays around the house.

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2020, 05:21:19 PM »
I had them by set but I re-arranged them by families and pose. I had a great time figuring out what goes where.

Offline RLisa

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2020, 01:01:51 PM »
First by generation, and then by set, pose or theme.
For themes I've for example put some g1 in pastel colors together and some g3 with flower related symbols together. I also like to re-arrange my display often, for instance ponies with heart shaped symbols on a shelf around valentine's day

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal