collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ice Crystal's toy post office  (Read 1329 times)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
Ice Crystal's toy post office
« on: April 08, 2020, 03:54:05 PM »
To prevent a thread hijack, I'm starting this one so IceCrystal02 can discuss the toy post office here.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 03:57:12 PM by Ponybookworm »
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline IceCrystal02

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Ice Crystal's toy post office
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2020, 12:53:26 AM »
 Thanks Ponybookworm! Well, what is there to say? It was so cute, I especially loved the tiny toy money and the stamps. The funniest thing is: I worked for Swiss Post for nearly twenty years in my adult life.  :biggrin:

Here is the old post office I used to play with (sorry for cropping my head, but I don't put photos of me on the internet, even ancient ones.  ;) )

And here is the new version: https://www.carlit.ch/fr/jeux/poste-des-enfants

I'm rather astonished Royal Mail doesn't seem to sell an official toy post office. This looks unofficial, but cute nevertheless: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Learning-Resources-Pretend-Play-Office/dp/B005ERBYEU?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_1. Really tempted to add this to my next amazon.co.uk order, but I don't have children. Normally I'm glad about that, but I'd happily play with that post office for an afternoon or so.  :blush:

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2020, 12:20:04 PM »
When you mentioned yours I had to look on eBay for a few & that Post Office there seems about right for Ponies too!!! (the one on Amazon). It's on my eBay watch list now

I don't like pics of myself online either, so I understand xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline IceCrystal02

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2020, 03:03:10 PM »
Oh yes, you're right, I think it might be the right size for ponies. Awww, already looking forward to your pics showing one of your ponies behind the counter, serving another pony customer!  :lovey:

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2020, 03:04:26 PM »
Have to buy it first

Offline IceCrystal02

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2020, 04:08:06 PM »
Yeah, I realised, I just tried to imagine how cute a Pony Post Office would look like.  ;) Well, you're giving me an idea here, I could have a pony ride one of my model trains. Pity I only have 00 and H0 gauge locos and rolling stock though, they're too small for ponies. They would look awesome riding a garden railway train set.  :biggrin:

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2020, 05:52:06 PM »
Yeah, I realised, I just tried to imagine how cute a Pony Post Office would look like.  ;) Well, you're giving me an idea here, I could have a pony ride one of my model trains. Pity I only have 00 and H0 gauge locos and rolling stock though, they're too small for ponies. They would look awesome riding a garden railway train set.  :biggrin:
A train set to fit G1 Ponies is one of my dreams!!! It's all about literally building the world!!!

Offline IceCrystal02

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2020, 02:07:52 PM »
I used to own a bigger scale model train set as a child, that would have been perfect for the ponies. The loco was completely out of scale, but she would have been an ideal engine to pull a train filled with hapy ponies.  :cry:

That was the loco: https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/faller-train-3823-locomotive-tender-131022482. She would need to pull open wagons, so the ponies can stand in them and enjoy the view.  :lol: The closed passenger coaches are too small for them. Well, perhaps the babies would fit.

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2020, 02:47:16 PM »
That's a beautiful engine!!! Doesn't look like Tracks or Steamer would fit though...

Offline IceCrystal02

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2020, 03:11:08 PM »
No, not on the engine, but on a suitable flat wagon just behind the loco, acting as a tender, so it would look if the pony was driving.  :lol:
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 11:08:42 AM by IceCrystal02 »

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2020, 05:10:44 PM »
That would have to do xxx

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal