collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I made over 600 custom ponies, do any survive? Lol  (Read 3659 times)

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
Re: I made over 600 custom ponies, do any survive? Lol
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2020, 06:08:28 AM »
I don't have any, I didn't really buy customs except for a few super cheap ones on EBay (under $20) but I remember being in love with the metal ones and trying to make one myself. It didn't end well  >_<
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline puuush

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Customizing is my destiny
    • View Profile
    • etsy
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2020, 07:06:20 AM »
CSA! :cheer:
Another recent "returner" to customs here.
No idea about selling as I didn't get back into it, yet, but there is still a lot of pony love around. And some people are coming back :lovey:

Amazing to browse the customs you did. Wow. Sooooo maaaaany. I remember a lot of them. Always loved the rearing ones and Locket is one of my favourites too. Also your flamed welded customs. So many happy memories.
I don't think I own one of your customs  :cry: but it's so good to see Azure, the blue dragon in your collection. This makes me so happy. :D
Please get back into customizing. I want a CSA-custom...   :P

wanted | etsy Avatar by AnnaPommes, signature by LunaCat. Thank you.

Offline pandabear_chan

• Trade Count: (+393)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://customsbypandabear.deviantart.com
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2020, 01:32:51 AM »
It's so great to see you again CSA! Long time no see but it's always great to see postings of well known artists!

I still have you lovely sculpted pony laying in my cabinet, she's one of my absolutely favs!

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2020, 10:16:49 AM »
CSA! :cheer:
Another recent "returner" to customs here.
No idea about selling as I didn't get back into it, yet, but there is still a lot of pony love around. And some people are coming back :lovey:

Amazing to browse the customs you did. Wow. Sooooo maaaaany. I remember a lot of them. Always loved the rearing ones and Locket is one of my favourites too. Also your flamed welded customs. So many happy memories.
I don't think I own one of your customs  :cry: but it's so good to see Azure, the blue dragon in your collection. This makes me so happy. :D
Please get back into customizing. I want a CSA-custom...   :P

Azure is an absolute gem in my collection!   A bit tricky to dust, lol. 

O.o Panda!  I am so honored you have her, she is one of my first reposes <3  Thank you!

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2020, 07:35:16 AM »
I'm pretty sure I have one of those tiny g3 "metallic" ones you did

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline Ambar

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2020, 04:47:14 PM »
i still have your gorgeous girl!!!! but i always forget how to upload pics here :blush:, since that changed i don´t post here much often, i think i have you on fb in wich i still selling, but right now, with the COVID problems...packages are taking a life to arrive  and i´m stuck. But re- start my production next weekend

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2020, 08:17:59 PM »
Hi there! I don't have any of your customs, but I always love to see pics of them!
As for the market... I stopped making customs with G1 bases starting this year, sales tapered off so much in 2019 it was difficult to make back the cost of the bait + a few bucks. I have a few G4 victims for sale no bites atm (I sell them for $15 or less!!)

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Brightglowpony

• Trade Count: (+32)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2020, 03:50:40 PM »
I have your “flamed kissed” Moondancer!  She has held up great and is not tacky or sticky like some other customs.  She is on a shelf in my display cabinet with some of my more special ponies.  :) Good to see you again- I always loved your flame kissed ponies, and also the carousel you brought to the pony fair! 

Wishlist
Thank you to Witch for my stunning avatar!

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2020, 07:40:09 PM »
Yay!! :cheer:  You guys make me so happy!  The Arena has been the BEST part of quarantine!

Offline Brightglowpony

• Trade Count: (+32)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2020, 09:00:59 PM »
Yay!! :cheer:  You guys make me so happy!  The Arena has been the BEST part of quarantine!

:hug:
Wishlist
Thank you to Witch for my stunning avatar!

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2020, 04:05:14 PM »
Wow, welcome back!! I think I did get a pony from you - it was a prize for winning some kind of contest you ran! She's beautiful, a purple appaloosa I believe! I can't track down any photos I have of her (probably on my old photobucket, LOL!), but I'll try to get a new one for ya! She's still here, still loving life! It's a real throwback to see your name again, I'm glad you came back! ^_^ I always wondered where you went!

EDIT: OMG, I just went through my PMs, and I realized - it was your fakie-makeover contest that I won all those years ago! She's still one of my favorite customs I made! It was such a fun contest, I think about it every time I see her on my shelf, and I think what a clever concept it was! Here's a little memory jogger:

« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 04:12:16 PM by Snapdragon »
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Twizel

• Switchblade Kitten
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • This crown gives me a feeling of power! POWER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2020, 04:29:10 PM »
Glad to see some familiar faces!

Personally I've had less time to make customs, though I try to post some once in awhile. Like someone else said, a few per year instead of nearly one per month. Some of my projects have branched out into plushes and other weird things lol.

I don't believe I have any customs of yours, CSA, but I've always been inspired by them!

I noticed activity dropping sometime during MLP:FIM. I'm sure some of it is because social media platforms are sucking away the pony people, but I also feel like some of it is because G4 was The Current Thing so there was just less interest in the other generations of ponies and pony art. I remember back when I joined it was G1 and G3 customs posted in the forum, then about 4-5 years ago (where has the time gone?) most of the customs posted were G4. Now less people post in Customs, but the ponies displayed there are from any generation it seems, so I think maybe some of that added G4 fanbase has moved on.

I do miss when things were more active; I remember when posts would drop off the front page within two days. In the Customs forum, my post from December is still on the front page. I'm glad to see there are some old-timers here like me!

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2020, 06:06:33 AM »
EDIT: OMG, I just went through my PMs, and I realized - it was your fakie-makeover contest that I won all those years ago! She's still one of my favorite customs I made! It was such a fun contest, I think about it every time I see her on my shelf, and I think what a clever concept it was! Here's a little memory jogger:

The fakie contest was so much fun! And that pony is stunning, Snapdragon - I love the intricate paintwork and owls are the best!

Here's my entry: https://haawan.webs.com/seppo_kollaasi.jpg
I'm still very fond of this little warhorse!

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2020, 06:19:24 AM »
I LOVE this
Wow, welcome back!! I think I did get a pony from you - it was a prize for winning some kind of contest you ran! She's beautiful, a purple appaloosa I believe! I can't track down any photos I have of her (probably on my old photobucket, LOL!), but I'll try to get a new one for ya! She's still here, still loving life! It's a real throwback to see your name again, I'm glad you came back! ^_^ I always wondered where you went!

I wish I had made her!  She was one of my favs for the contest.  I have all the entries saved....should I make a post and show them off?

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2020, 09:27:46 AM »
You know it's deadly to ask a question like that on here right??? Lol!!! See, I asked a similar question, & started a thread off of that!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal