collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pc: fairy tail birds!  (Read 608 times)

Offline Ribbs

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • My music
Pc: fairy tail birds!
« on: April 04, 2020, 10:23:42 AM »
(I know they're not MLP but they're Hasbro and very much a sister line to the G1 ponies) Who here is an expert on Fairy Tail birds? I have a bunch of birds and things I am needing to sell but I have no idea who they are or what they're worth. Some of the hair isn't the greatest and one may have had a slight trim. Foot clamp is broken down the center on the hot pink one with the palm tree symbol but the feet still snap shut so it can use the perches. Dirty from storage, but no major damage. visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
Re: Pc: fairy tail birds!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 10:57:01 AM »
Oh, WOW. I know the fantails are worth a good bit with their tails intact, and the prices seem to go up on all of them when they have their stands. The fuzzy tummies look really good too, super clean on the flocked part. Definitely watching this thread!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2020, 02:59:47 PM »
Me too, for all the Fantails, all the Fuzzy Tummies & at least one of the Baby Flyers!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2020, 05:30:45 PM »
I'm not an expert, just a fellow collector. I've been priced out of the FT game for a while, but unless things have drastically changed, I would set the original twelve (top row birds) at $5-10 and tropicals at $15-20, depending on condition. If the Fuzzy Tummies are clean, fluffy, and still tightly glued, then they can go for $25+, and the Fan Tails for $40+ if their fans are perfect with no rips, fraying, or peeling. No idea on the grubby little babies, as I've never tried to buy any. ^^;

Obviously, paint rubs, marks, and frizzy/faded/cut hair drives the price down, just like ponies. Broken or loose claw clips are good to note, but picky collectors will also look for body-feet color match (the bane of all mixed-plastic toys). The addition of a matching perch could bump up the price an extra $3-5 for regular ones or $8-10 tropical.

Here's a quick refresher of the names of your various 'Tails --

top row (L-R): Taffeta, Twinkle, True Love, Tippy, Tattle, Twilight
second row: Bouncy, Fluffy, Snuggle, Sparkle, Frosty (looks discolored, poor thing), aqua perch for Tricky (not pictured)
third row: Sea Breeze, Sunny, Tiddlywinks?, Teddy?, Tinkertoy? (bad with babies, sorry)
bottom row: palm perch & hot pink brush for Hula Hula, palm perch for Sea Breeze, white perch for Taffeta or Tattle, pink perch for Twinkle, blue perch for True Love (best guesses, since colors can look different in person vs screen)

Posting this PC over to the Toy Box section might get more qualified eyes on it, but hopefully that helps a little bit until someone has a more up-to-date take.

Offline Ribbs

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • My music
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2020, 05:41:07 PM »
I'm not an expert, just a fellow collector. I've been priced out of the FT game for a while, but unless things have drastically changed, I would set the original twelve (top row birds) at $5-10 and tropicals at $15-20, depending on condition. If the Fuzzy Tummies are clean, fluffy, and still tightly glued, then they can go for $25+, and the Fan Tails for $40+ if their fans are perfect with no rips, fraying, or peeling. No idea on the grubby little babies, as I've never tried to buy any. ^^;

Obviously, paint rubs, marks, and frizzy/faded/cut hair drives the price down, just like ponies. Broken or loose claw clips are good to note, but picky collectors will also look for body-feet color match (the bane of all mixed-plastic toys). The addition of a matching perch could bump up the price an extra $3-5 for regular ones or $8-10 tropical.

Here's a quick refresher of the names of your various 'Tails --

top row (L-R): Taffeta, Twinkle, True Love, Tippy, Tattle, Twilight
second row: Bouncy, Fluffy, Snuggle, Sparkle, Frosty (looks discolored, poor thing), aqua perch for Tricky (not pictured)
third row: Sea Breeze, Sunny, Tiddlywinks?, Teddy?, Tinkertoy? (bad with babies, sorry)
bottom row: palm perch & hot pink brush for Hula Hula, palm perch for Sea Breeze, white perch for Taffeta or Tattle, pink perch for Twinkle, blue perch for True Love (best guesses, since colors can look different in person vs screen)

Posting this PC over to the Toy Box section might get more qualified eyes on it, but hopefully that helps a little bit until someone has a more up-to-date take.
thank you!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal