collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What paint is best for Twinkleeyed ponies  (Read 686 times)

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
What paint is best for Twinkleeyed ponies
« on: April 01, 2020, 05:12:45 AM »
Hoping to get a bait Masquerade and Turing her into Sweet Pop and was wondering which paint is best to changed the Jewel from green to pink.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Re: What paint is best for Twinkleeyed ponies
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2020, 02:30:19 AM »
Just thinking that Sweet Pop isn't that hard to find really, maybe if you hang about you might get a real one?

Also the colour of the jewel comes from underneath, and the iridescent paint on the surface is very hard to reproduce. I have heard discussions on here where people have tried to find something like it but no-one has.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2020, 03:05:36 AM »
I know I’ve got iridescent acrylic paint somewhere or I can just acrylic paint the eye and put gloss on the paint.

Trouble is it’s hard trying to find Sweet Pop on eBay.uk because one either people put it up for a high price, or it’s on bidding and the postage is high.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 03:08:09 AM by bright rabbit 1 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2020, 06:14:32 AM »
I know I’ve got iridescent acrylic paint somewhere or I can just acrylic paint the eye and put gloss on the paint.

Trouble is it’s hard trying to find Sweet Pop on eBay.uk because one either people put it up for a high price, or it’s on bidding and the postage is high.

Twinkles have definitely gone up in price recently, but I think Masquerade is actually harder to find in good condition because she suffers more from plastic breakdown and head/body mismatch.

If you are patient you can generally get the ponies you want, just keep looking on Ebay and on here and I'm sure one will come up. It took me around 8 years to get my collection to the point where it is now. 

It's usually only a handful of ponies that people generally settle for customs instead because they are so htf/expensive. I've seen Mimic customs made but they are pretty obviously customs becasue it's so hard to get the eyes right. People have tested different kinds of iridescent paint and concluded that the eyes aren't actually painted it's some other kind of thing.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal