collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Mistakes  (Read 6398 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Mistakes
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2020, 12:59:55 PM »
I thought of another one. For years many of my ponies lived in the garage. When I found them again I didn’t think I would ever be in to ponies again. I gave 2 away and threw one in the trash because I thought  she couldn’t be saved. and got rid of my childhood Lullabye Nursery. :sad:

Also when I found Mirror Mirror the plastic coating was peeling away from her symbols and I foolishly took some off damaging her symbol. The symbol was probably damaged already from the extreme heat in the garage but I didn’t help matters by pulling some off.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2020, 02:18:13 PM »
My daughter got a gorgeous Scrumptious in the mail. Somehow Scrummy ended up in her laundry basket and I put her in the washing machine by accident. I freaked out like a cat on acid when I found her in there and had to pull off her head to dry her after asking for advice. Fortunately nothing bad happened to her, but I still felt bad about it
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2020, 03:27:14 PM »
I ripped a neck seam once.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2020, 04:13:20 PM »
When I was younger, I didn't know about heat and it's effects on ponies.  I stored my boxes of ponies in the attic.  In the southeast United States, it gets HOT in the summer, more so in your attic!  I ruined some ponies.  One, a mint Waverunner, looked like her first owner opened her then never played with her, perfect factory curl.  Coming out of the attic, she now has horrible head/body mismatch.  She used to be perfect!!!!
In my twenties, starting to collect, I found my first Brush n Grow at a flea market.  I never knew about them when I was younger.  I found Bouquet and thought, what is up with all this silly hair.  I cut her mane to normal pony length.  Later, as I learned more, I regretted doing so. 

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2020, 06:38:12 PM »
Ive ripped neck seam  a couple of times. Ive dyed ponies with the neon green hair with other ponies and they turned odd colors. Ive boiled magic message ponies just two of them and their symbols came off. On the postive side I try my hardest to take better care of my ponies now. I have things I regret and those are a few of the things.

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2020, 08:38:05 PM »
When I was a kid, I took a red or pink ballpoint pen and drew an 'X' on the bottom of some of my ponies' hooves, and my initials on some others. My best friend and I used to take our ponies back and forth to each other's houses and I didn't want mine to get mixed up with hers, since we had some duplicates between us, and I took better care of mine than she did hers.

Obviously I'm not the only little girl in the 80's to have done this, as I'm finding out from marks I see on Ebay pony finds...but I regret it as an adult collector; the marks have faded out some but still are unsightly.

Offline Queen Sophie

• Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • Shy Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2020, 10:11:02 PM »
I should have known better with this, obviously acetone can remove painted areas on the ponies and I was working with a g2 pony getting yellow marks off her, I accidentally swiped over her eye however it did not come off. So I thought to myself, “Oh! Maybe this type doesn’t get removed with acetone!” So I put more acetone on the cotton, went over the eye, and next thing you know she doesn’t have a cute looking eye!

Here’s how it’s supposed to be on one side

And here it is on the other side

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2020, 10:51:07 PM »
The usual sort of regrets; a big one for me was when I accidentally tore apart the neck seam on my childhood pony! It was "only" a Pony Bride, but since she's the one I've had since I was a kid, it was especially upsetting! I de-headed plenty of other Pony Brides, but somehow the only one from my childhood was an especially difficult battle, which I lost! :yikes:

There's of course the teenage-me attempts to 'restore' my childhood ponies, which involved curling their hair (in tiny frizzy ringlets with pipe cleaners!) which I would then re-brush... to get the tangles out, of course! :yikes: Yeah, some of my ponies bore the scars of THAT mistaken effort for a long time...
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2020, 05:12:34 AM »
WHOA that G2 is horrifying, lol! Never seen one without the eye paint before but yeesh!!

When I was 18, my mother up and decided she was moving to Kentucky to get away from her horrible husband, and I decided I was moving out on my own and staying in Idaho. I ended up getting rid of a ton of stuff because I couldn't take everything, I didn't have much space in my new place (was renting out a room) so I got rid of all my pony houses and accessories. I had soo much stuff too, a lot of it G1. Ponies were my favourite as a kid so I had tons of ponies and stuff for them. It was either take just the ponies or take nothing, I didn't have room for them... So I just left them at that house, with that horrible man.
I don't regret getting rid of it all, while it was all really cool stuff I just don't have the room or need for it all, I just wish it all could have gone back to collectors... I think about that often.

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2020, 07:44:35 AM »
WHOA that G2 is horrifying, lol! Never seen one without the eye paint before but yeesh!!

When I was 18, my mother up and decided she was moving to Kentucky to get away from her horrible husband, and I decided I was moving out on my own and staying in Idaho. I ended up getting rid of a ton of stuff because I couldn't take everything, I didn't have much space in my new place (was renting out a room) so I got rid of all my pony houses and accessories. I had soo much stuff too, a lot of it G1. Ponies were my favourite as a kid so I had tons of ponies and stuff for them. It was either take just the ponies or take nothing, I didn't have room for them... So I just left them at that house, with that horrible man.
I don't regret getting rid of it all, while it was all really cool stuff I just don't have the room or need for it all, I just wish it all could have gone back to collectors... I think about that often.

Sorry to hear that, you had to prioritise but it was a very harsh decision to have to make.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2020, 07:49:45 AM »

:hug:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2020, 08:24:36 AM »

I lost a lot of stuff due to a bad incident in my 20s, including my ENTIRE childhood collection!!! So yep, I know that feeling xxx :hug: :hug: :hug:
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline IceCrystal02

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2020, 09:16:13 AM »
I remember doing a pony swap for a few weeks in my childhood. I lent out Posey (both Italian), and I received Applejack in return. You can imagine my horror when Posey came back "improved" by big yellow pen hearts all over her body!  :yikes:

Well, at least my friend had a guilty conscience and gifted me Applejack as compensation. She had just bought her then, so she didn't have time to "improve" her yet. Beautiful Applejack is still with me today, still with her factory curls, looking almost new.  :)

Offline SailorEarth

• Xena: Warrior Pony
  • Trade Count: (+165)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I have many skills
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cosplaycassie.com
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2020, 09:25:58 AM »
When I was little I painted lips on my Bangles with nail polish. I only did it because I thought she wasn't a "real" MLP. I guess I thought the flocked ones weren't official? Elitist little 6 yr old me  :blush:

I still have her and I was able to remove most of the polish and apologize :heart:

Wish List~Pony Sales
Thanks Lina & Rainbowjuice for my adoptables!

Offline Queen Sophie

• Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • Shy Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2020, 09:48:41 AM »

She is scary looking! Since my sister is home, I’ll let her fix it and allow her to make cute designs on her if she likes!
:art:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal