collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Mistakes  (Read 6300 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Pony Mistakes
« on: March 31, 2020, 07:10:06 AM »
Hi,

I thought this might be a good topic. What pony mistakes have you made that you wish you didn't?

I accidently faded some fading pink hair ponies hair from pink to white :yikes:

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Mistakes
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 07:24:21 AM »
It’s not a drastic mistake, but I found for myself a princess royal purple at a shop. Her mane and tail were braided, so I figured I would just unbraid her hair when I washed and cleaned her up.
...yeah, turns out that braid was the only thing keeping her tail together. When I unbraided it, the whole thing just fell apart in my hands. I’m guessing it was some kid with scissors, but it gave me a fright, having pink hair and tinsels falling everywhere. 
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline milkywaymochi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 08:03:07 AM »
well...the other day i was soaking cuddles (magic message pony) in a hot oxyclean bath, both to get all the ingrained dirt off her body, and to remove her head so I could sort out her tail rust. Except I should have realized that putting her heat sensitive symbols in hot water wasn't a good idea. I took out the water, and was pleased to find her body all brightened up and  clean...and horrified to find most of her symbols had come off  >_< d'oh!!

Luckily, she was a restoration project I got cheap, and I think I can repaint her symbols, only I've never done it before.

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2020, 08:30:09 AM »
I have a big one. -_-

Spoiler
Over ten years ago when I was new here, I found a local store that sold Princess Rinse 'n Spit (new in box). I posted about it on the Arena, and agreed to pick some up for one or two members. However, I was still living with my mother at the time and I didn't have any money of my own, so things got difficult. I don't remember the exact details, but the point is that I let some people down because I ended up selling those ponies for their full market value to someone else. I was pretty much forced to do that, but it was still a **** move on my part, and I take full responsibility for it. -_- It was completely out of character for me, and something like this will NEVER EVER happen again. I still feel awful about it.

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2020, 10:09:47 AM »
I smushed up Seashell's face after giving her a new tail.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2020, 10:15:14 AM »
My first Pony, Butterscotch, lost her tail & was attacked by am black marker!!!

More recently it's been impatience wi G3 heads & they've been damaged by it... Also the first time I beheaded a G4 I had no clue how the neck worked so I busted it & now G4 Trixiebelle's head can't turn. I learned from that one though...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+77)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • NinaMarieCrochet - Cute & Floral Crochet Accessories
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2020, 11:14:04 AM »
I accidentally scrubbed too hard and took off some of the pearlescence on a pearly baby. It's not very noticeable but she WAS perfect before that.

First time I tried to take off the head of a pony with tail rust the head was glued on super securely and I thought I could loosen it with an exacto knife. I was too inexperienced and cut the neck plug clean off.

I ruined some pony wear by soaking it in an oxyclean bath. It took off the shiny-ness of the trim. The white part of the rest of the dress is beautifully clean  ^^;

I need to be better at thinking things through...

Offline MerryAnvil

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • The Resident Blacksmith Pony
    • View Profile
    • Jordan's Pony Corner
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2020, 11:26:39 AM »
The other day I was rehairing a Baby Firefly with yarn and I realized about halfway through that the color I had been using didn't suit her as well as another color I had, so I started pulling the yarn back out. I tried to be super careful but unfortunately I ripped a couple of the plug holes up (they were very close together on her). Thankfully I was able to sort it out with some superglue and they didn't tear again, but it made my stomach sink when I did it initially, eep.

I'm usually pretty careful with my ponies but I do have very strong hands so if I don't watch the amount of force I put into whatever I'm working on, I can damage it easily. I've rubbed off a little bit of symbol and blush paint when I've cleaned particularly filthy ponies before, but it was just the top layer and doesn't look like anything was done to the paint, thankfully.

I think that's about it on the sort of...damage mistake front? I suppose the only other 'mistakes' I've made were not buying ponies I came across and regretting it later. Like a $5 Munchy and a $20 barn full of G1s I passed up on when I wasn't actively collecting.

Avatar by Shaiyeh, sig by SquarePeg! <3 Check out my pony website here!

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2020, 11:43:11 AM »
When I got Fizzy who was my first pony her mane was all tangled up, but because I had absolutely no experience with doll hair at the time, I pulled it a little too strong at the first try and as a result, the first few plugs of her mane had those nasty hooks at the ends that would always get the comb stuck in them. While the rest of her mane that I was more careful with was so nice and smooth and the comb would just pretty much flow though it, the very front had those nasty clumps that made it look and feel like hobo hair and it was hard to comb through, which drove me crazy every time. Thankfully now her hair is all better but it still gives me nightmares to this day just thinking about what I had to go through with it...
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline SaraMari

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2020, 11:57:06 AM »
I've torn and cut a couple of neck seems and tore one neck plug almost clean off trying to get to tail rust

Took a little month break from checking Craiglist and an amazing lot was listed luckily even though I saw it like 8 days letter there was a couple ponies left because the lady was selling individually

Arriving literally right behind a toy flipper (who has been annoying and rude to me in the past) and watching him grab up a mib newborn twin set in front of me at a garage sale

Not collecting non stop since 2000, I took years long breaks between then and now and I feel sick thinking of all the ponies I missed out on

:heart: :heart: https://www.instagram.com/moonglowdreams  :heart: :heart:

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2020, 12:18:58 PM »
I customized a couple of G4s that are now hard to find and heh, hindsight and all :pout:
Like, I chopped off my Dewdrop Dazzle's horn and used the first edition Fashion Style Luna as bait... I'm dumb.

Offline Ribbs

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • My music
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2020, 12:19:42 PM »
Smudged a symbol on a pony once when cleaning a mark with acetone... I felt awful, like I had just ruined a priceless piece of art. I've been super careful ever since.

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2020, 12:29:00 PM »
I customized a couple of G4s that are now hard to find and heh, hindsight and all :pout:
Like, I chopped off my Dewdrop Dazzle's horn and used the first edition Fashion Style Luna as bait... I'm dumb.
Lol, I think I’ve done the same. Not sure what the rairity of a gilded Lilly is (I think that’s her name? The yellow alicorn one), but it was my second custom. Not even that great, awful paint job and I didn’t even get all the hair out.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2020, 12:33:50 PM »
As a kid, I accidentally introduced Songster to Star Gleamer. Cue knot in the tail, tears, and careful mum taking scissors to a brush and grow...
Fortunately she did it so well you really can't tell.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2020, 12:40:03 PM »
I could have bought a MIB Greek Baby Minty for $100, but didn’t because she was “too expensive”, and “I can always get her later at that price if I change my mind”.

I had two SS Twists - one absolutely pristine and perfect(probably one of the best SoSofts I’ve ever seen loose), the other with the usual rubs.  I was at a pony meet and I had the largest sale/trade table so I was extremely busy.  Someone held up a Twist across the table, I told them $10 for it. I get home, and find the regular Twist, not the perfect one.  They had gotten mixed up, and someone bought my perfect collection one for $10. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal