collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Mistakes  (Read 6310 times)

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Mistakes
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2020, 10:12:55 AM »
Applying heat to beach balls colour changing strip in her main with out testing to see it it was ok first. Instantly melted.

Thank fully a good curl and you cannot tell when she is on display. Feel so bad cannot sell her on now after what i did.

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2020, 10:19:16 AM »
I accidently faded some fading pink hair ponies hair from pink to white :yikes:
This would probably make me cry.  I love the "fading pink" hair on ponies. 

I accidentally started rubbing the symbol off of my Star Dancer when I was cleaning her with a Magic Eraser.  I did not realize it was taking the paint off right away, so it looks like the symbol is worn.  I was so upset when I realized what I had done.  It still gives me a gut pang whenever I look at her.

First time I tried to take off the head of a pony with tail rust the head was glued on super securely and I thought I could loosen it with an exacto knife. I was too inexperienced and cut the neck plug clean off.

This is exactly why I have not cleaned the inside or fixed tail rust yet on any of my ponies.

I think that's about it on the sort of...damage mistake front? I suppose the only other 'mistakes' I've made were not buying ponies I came across and regretting it later. Like a $5 Munchy and a $20 barn full of G1s I passed up on when I wasn't actively collecting.
Is that like a Show Stable barn or like a real barn?!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Heelys

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Member of the Aquacadets
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2020, 10:54:17 AM »
I was nine years old in 2006, and getting into G1 ponies in addition to G3. I was visiting a friend and was amazed to see she had Mommy Sweet Celebrations, and since she didn't get played with, she was given to me. It was my first G1 pony, so once I finished cleaning it up and restoring it... I wrote "PROPERTY OF [FULL NAME]" aaaaallll across her left side under her symbol in sharpie. I was just so happy that I had a pony in my possession, even though I read all the collector websites about preservation I just wasn't thinking.

Ah well. Kids will be kids.
Gender? I hardly know 'er!  :biggrin: | PM me about G1 custom or OOAK World's Smallest commissions! ;)

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2020, 11:31:07 AM »
I was nine years old in 2006, and getting into G1 ponies in addition to G3. I was visiting a friend and was amazed to see she had Mommy Sweet Celebrations, and since she didn't get played with, she was given to me. It was my first G1 pony, so once I finished cleaning it up and restoring it... I wrote "PROPERTY OF [FULL NAME]" aaaaallll across her left side under her symbol in sharpie. I was just so happy that I had a pony in my possession, even though I read all the collector websites about preservation I just wasn't thinking.

Ah well. Kids will be kids.
OMG lol!
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Shadowperla

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2020, 01:50:19 PM »
Distracted, erased parts from Goodie Gumdrop's symbol while acetone cleaning her.

And, worst, yellowwed A LOT of ponies cause book shelfs I use started staining :(

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2020, 08:16:58 AM »
when I was a kid, Baby Seastar wouldn't float upright in the water like my adult seapony. Given that Wave Jumper's tail was weighted, logic followed that if I weighted Seastar's tail, she'd float.

So I went to the driveway (we had a gravel driveway) and found a good sized rock in a mud puddle and cut off her head with a contraband X-acto knife and wedged the rock into her tail. Except it didn't work and I could never get the rock out (it's still there). I squeezed it and bit it but no dice. lol.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2020, 08:24:50 AM »
The usual stuff when I was a kid; played with my ponies in the bathtub and pool. My Baby Firefly has a big ink stain on her face from a pen that leaked in my toy chest. I think it makes her unique though, like a birthmark.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline MerryAnvil

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • The Resident Blacksmith Pony
    • View Profile
    • Jordan's Pony Corner
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2020, 08:36:24 AM »
I think that's about it on the sort of...damage mistake front? I suppose the only other 'mistakes' I've made were not buying ponies I came across and regretting it later. Like a $5 Munchy and a $20 barn full of G1s I passed up on when I wasn't actively collecting.
Is that like a Show Stable barn or like a real barn?!

It was one of the collector's carrying cases. I think there were at least ten ponies in it, though I don't remember which ones they were. Thankfully not a real barn! Goodness gracious, I don't think I could have passed that up even if I wasn't actively collecting at the time, hehe! What an amazing find that would be...a whole giant barn full of ponies.

Avatar by Shaiyeh, sig by SquarePeg! <3 Check out my pony website here!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2020, 12:07:06 PM »

I was really upset when I realized what I did especially to my Desert Rose and my SS Twilight. :wail: Dessert Rose was an honest mistake because I didn't realize she had fading pink at the time but I thought I was protecting SS Twilight and her hair faded anyway.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2020, 12:24:40 PM »

I was really upset when I realized what I did especially to my Desert Rose and my SS Twilight. :wail: Dessert Rose was an honest mistake because I didn't realize she had fading pink at the time but I thought I was protecting SS Twilight and her hair faded anyway.

Ponyfan

:grouphug:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2020, 08:38:11 AM »
Thank you Leave a Whisper. :) It's one of the things I still kick myself for from time to time

Ponyfan

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2020, 04:23:54 AM »
Thank you Leave a Whisper. :) It's one of the things I still kick myself for from time to time

Ponyfan

If it makes you feel better, I think sometimes it's also aging that fades these ponies. You can keep them in the dark, but if the pigment in the hair is weak, it will just fade with age. One of my SS ponies is also like this for no other reason, where others are absolutely fine.

I have a Sunblossom in the front of my cupboard and she gets a fair bit of light, but her hair has never changed a shade. But a pony that lived in the dark slowly lost hers...?

I dunno. But it may not have been your fault.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2020, 09:14:45 AM »

Ponyfan

If it makes you feel better, I think sometimes it's also aging that fades these ponies. You can keep them in the dark, but if the pigment in the hair is weak, it will just fade with age. One of my SS ponies is also like this for no other reason, where others are absolutely fine.

I have a Sunblossom in the front of my cupboard and she gets a fair bit of light, but her hair has never changed a shade. But a pony that lived in the dark slowly lost hers...?

I dunno. But it may not have been your fault.

Thanks Taffeta. That does make me feel better. :hug:

Ponyfan

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2020, 09:57:17 AM »
After glueing one of my custom ponies hair (Baby Star Gleamer) I accidentally put it on it’s side and the seeped out landed on Princess Misty’s tail, Peach Blossom’s mane.

Well had to cut the glue from the mane and tail. Now I’ve got to plug the missing hair and glue the plugs in again.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2020, 06:20:25 PM »
I had a *perfect* Baby Bowtie I had just washed and was letting air dry on the dining room table.  I decided to get lunch after washing the ponies.  That day's selection was frozen ravioli in tomato sauce.  I started eating, and accidentally dropped one ravioli back into the sauce.  Not much sauce splashed out, but enough did for a dot to hit Baby Bowtie on the shoulder who was about 2 feet away. 

And that's the day I learned pasta sauce can leave permanent stains on ponies, even if only in contact with the pony for a few seconds:/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal